Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It's the same car. Literally the same car.
It’s a fiat 500 with a different body and suspension. Different front clip, fenders, hatch, quarter panels, literally everything. I almost forgot doors, different.
Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
It's the same car. Literally the same car.
This is hilarious. I had a friend who had a Dodge Neon for years - he was so proud the day the ditched it and traded it in for a 'Jeep'. Only problem: he bought a Jeep Patriot. Pretty sure that's just a glorified next-gen Neon. I decided to keep that to myself, lol.

Padre

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Pastor
my mom constantly asks for my recommendations on certain things to buy. Then she goes "oh, that's too expensive." Then buys an even more expensive option. Like the last new car. She wanted an CUV to replace their RAV4. I give her options around a $40k price point, including an offer sheet for a loaded Q5 @ $42k that she says is too expensive. She gets a $50k Volvo.

I was able to steer my wife away from the Tacoma option by saying "convertible truck."
That is the other reason I steered my wife to the Renegade. Bronco sports were going for $5K over sticker. The Trailhowk Renegade was a very affordable car and it rated better in off road tests than the RAV 4 or the Subaru.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Suzuki Samurai
Worst vehicle ever. I dated a girl that had one of those, and it was the worse ride ever. After about 20 miles you need a new kidney.

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
You can't let your Pops drive this vehicle. It's not a proper way for a grown man to get around.

2022-jeep-renegade-mmp-1-1637600734.jpg
My wife has one and it's not too bad. Better than the CRV she had before it IMHO. But it is a blah blah nothing interesting about it boring car,

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Worst vehicle ever. I dated a girl that had one of those, and it was the worse ride ever. After about 20 miles you need a new kidney.
I guess its funny how we can remember the Samurai differently. I pretty much only rode in one when my friends and I did Drink and Sink Sundays off roading trips. Everyone else had Jeeps. I had a Subaru wagon (complete with low range) . The Samurai was so freaking narrow it could pick its lines through just about everything. And squeeze between the closest trees. It was really great off road.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
My daughter's Renegade has a payload capacity of 959 lbs, thats more than my Wrangler.

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Do not be tricked into the renegade. Its a Rebranded USA Fiat 500.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I drove one for 18 years. Best vehicle I’ve ever owned.

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
He wants something short and actually 4x4 so he can use it for hunting on ranch/orchards in far northern CA.

They're similar cost, almost identical in size externally, and I believe the Wrangler has better interior size. Any reason why he should look at the Renegade outside of gas mileage?
Nope. Out of close to 900 vehicles sold last year at my wife’s dealership, there were two sold.
Jeep Gladiator My dad wants a Renegade Trailhawk but I'm trying to get him into a Wrangler 0477E7D7-3DCD-4305-A6C5-FECD85C13A9F

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope. Out of close to 900 vehicles sold last year at my wife’s dealership, there were two sold.
0477E7D7-3DCD-4305-A6C5-FECD85C13A9F.png
It really doesn't matter. The whole idea floated a few posts earlier that you won't be able to get parts for something because it doesn't sell in high volume is wrong.

Also, any regular car CAN be turned into a decent off road vehicle with nothing more than some suspension parts and tires. Especially if its got a short wheelbase and short front and rear overhangs.

It worked for Porsche.
Jeep Gladiator My dad wants a Renegade Trailhawk but I'm trying to get him into a Wrangler porsche-911-syberia-rs-offroad-21

BowlofSoup

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
He wants something short and actually 4x4 so he can use it for hunting on ranch/orchards in far northern CA.

They're similar cost, almost identical in size externally, and I believe the Wrangler has better interior size. Any reason why he should look at the Renegade outside of gas mileage?
t
I would advise him to test drive both and go from there

BowlofSoup

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Pushing someone to get a vehicle they don’t want will seldom end well. Many have said it. Wranglers and Gladiators are great, if you’re the kind of person that likes them. If you’re not one of those, you’ll likely hate it.
I think that's partially why I see so many used gladiators out there. People buy them not realizing what they're getting themselves into

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My wife has one and it's not too bad. Better than the CRV she had before it IMHO. But it is a blah blah nothing interesting about it boring car,
Trailhawk?
Sponsored