First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
And honestly so do I! Local dealership has a beautiful Earl Grey Rubicon on the showroom floor.

We have been on the look out for a second car for a while now but haven't seen much we actually like. Cars are just BORING nowadays.

Didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. I can't get into the back seats, my wife struggled too. We have a 2 year old so that is a huge pain in the ass. But hey thats the price we pay for Jeeps right :LOL:

The price is also what stings right now.
Sponsored

AHenry014

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
As good as they look, the functionality of four doors cant be beat. Split the difference with a JLU? Still a shorter wheelbase than the JT and will have the seats-folded SUV feel you get with the 2D JL.

OP
OP
DCPHOENIX

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
As good as they look, the functionality of four doors cant be beat. Split the difference with a JLU? Still a shorter wheelbase than the JT and will have the seats-folded SUV feel you get with the 2D JL.
Certainly an option. We of course were looking at something more comfortable than the Gladiator, more economical and more suited to a daily drive role.
And now we are looking at Jeeps again lol

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. I can't get into the back seats, my wife struggled too. We have a 2 year old so that is a huge pain in the ass. But hey thats the price we pay for Jeeps right :LOL:
This is why you want the 4 door anything.... It's a "huge pain in the ass" now per your words at the Dealership, but it only gets worse for a few more years. Even my 5 year old still needs help some days strapping in.... that's 3+ more years for you. You do not want a small child in a rear car seat in a coupe/2 door Jeep. Period. You'll hate yourself for that decision.

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 JLU
I agree, 4 door JLU would be best.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
By a Bronco 2 door, they are easier to get into, you can take the doors and tops off of them and you can build a base model Sasquatch with some nice options for under $45,000. Plus it will drive and handle better than the Gladiator or 2 door wrangler

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
I have a 2-door 2014 JKR that I purchased as a 3rd vehicle when my kids were 9 and 6. IMO, you don't want to have to transport your kid(s) in a 2-door Wrangler, especially when they are in car seats or boosters.

I'm all for a 2-door Wrangler as a 'fun' vehicle, but stick to something more practical as a family hauler.

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Having had a toddler with all the kit (seat, bag, half the house) I would strongly steer clear of a two door unless you have no other options. As others have said and I'll agree, it only gets worse as they get older.

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mikeđź–¤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Just take two doors off! That's way cheaper :)

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
While waiting for my axle for my Gladiator, I bought a 2016 2 door manual. I love it but the back seat is useless. I took it our and put a Tuffy storage enclosure in. I'm gonna use it for work and keep the miles off my truck. Nowhere near as comfortable to drive on a trip but it's a blast. It's also a Rubicon and I got a good deal, so it will be my spare vehicle. I miss my truck so much. Axle just came in last week. I should be running next week.

Sponsored

Robtco99

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 wrangler, 01 cherokee
Buy a TJ or LJ for a spare vehicle that your wife can drive, but still have some sort a sensible 4 door daily driver for her. A two door Jeep with a two year old flat out sucks. My kids still love my TJ, but having to buckle them in the car seats is rough with the top on

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
My wife has a 2door JLR. She loves it and it suits her needs. We do not have kids so it works. The backseat was put in the garage six weeks after we bought it.

My mom had a 2door Datsun when I was growing up, we dealt with getting in the back seat. Of course, there were no kiddie car seats back then.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Put the baby seat up front and make the wife climb in the back.

Problem solved.

Anymore life hacks I am going to have to charge you.

OP
OP
DCPHOENIX

DCPHOENIX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Dad
Yeah I would point out that the car seat issue isn’t really an issue. We have the Gladiator for school drop off etc when the kid is old enough.

We are really only a one car house hold but a second is nice for the weekends etc. Wife works from home and my commute is 15 minutes on a bike.

I honestly think getting the kid in through the back would be easier. Can’t remember if the rear seats are split though…

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I want one too, but I don't see it happening for at least a decade

And i'd need a 2nd DD at that point and I it would probably be a PITA for camp trips
Sponsored