Sponsored

My dealership offered me an alternative to my Diesel JT, and it is very tempting

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Tom that doesn’t sound like a great deal to me. Do you realize that Jeep is offering a $3000 rebate now on any Gladiators?

With the glut of inventory Jeep has I would push for a more aggressive discount than that. Just my $0.02…
Yup. About 47K would be the right price these days for a HA.
Sponsored

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
That High Altitude would be sweet with a diesel...

OP
OP
Tom C

Tom C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude Diesel

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Don't make me regret not ordering a High Altitude. ;)
You're safe - it's only available with the V6 and automatic transmission.

Sponsored

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
Occupation
Car dealer
My dealership knows (because I visit them each week) how late (15 weeks and counting) that my JTD order hasn't been even started yet (accepted March 31).

Was talking to them last night, and they offered me this at what I think is a really good price (MUCH lower than what is stated on their website):

https://www.shottenkirkcdjrgranbury...high-altitude-4x4-crew-cab-1c6hjtfg7pl553301/

Anyway, I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about taking their offer, but, I have a few reservations.
1) Not a diesel, has the tow package, but not sure how High Altitudes are for towing.
2) Doesn't have the Trail Management system with 115v 400w outlet in the bed or lockable storage under the seat.
3) Doesn't have the Auxillary switches like I ordered on my JTD.
4) Has Rock rails which I'll have to replace (I'm vertically challenged).

I can add most of the stuff (not sure about the Aux switches), but my main concern is how well the High Altitude tows.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Well for me the first one IT'S NOT A DIESEL would kill it for me. If you want a diesel find a low mile diesel really theres no comparison . I have 3 Jeep eco diesel's and wish i would have got another there that cool . I have owned literaly 30 or 40 Jeeps personally and hundreds if not thousands in my dealerships and theres no comparison for me.

916WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Can someone point to me exactly where they are finding these $47k new High Altitudes? I'm pretty good at negotiating prices, and I haven't found a dealer that has been willing to come down that low. I'm considering buying a used one at the price point where some are saying new models are being sold. Does someone have a lead/listing they could send me?(preferably in the midwest)

OP
OP
Tom C

Tom C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude Diesel
Can someone point to me exactly where they are finding these $47k new High Altitudes? I'm pretty good at negotiating prices, and I haven't found a dealer that has been willing to come down that low. I'm considering buying a used one at the price point where some are saying new models are being sold. Does someone have a lead/listing they could send me?(preferably in the midwest)
https://www.shottenkirkcdjrgranbury...high-altitude-4x4-crew-cab-1c6hjtfg5pl553300/
Here is one close to that price.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
If they want to make the sale the dealership can install the aux switches.

Better options for the bed outlet can be had from the aftermarket.

Trail rails in the bed (or aftermarket options) are an easy install.

Tow rating is the same on the high altitude with the tow package and the diesel, plus it has the wide-track axles (though still with 3.73 gears).

Just depends on what you want
Would you mind providing me with some examples for:

"Better options for the bed outlet can be had from the aftermarket"

I've looked into this, but wasn't able to find anything with OEM quality/looks...
Thanks

Sponsored

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
Would you mind providing me with some examples for:
What immediately comes to mind is I think ShadowsPapa ran an outlet system that gets powered via an aux switch? Maybe @ShadowsPapa can chime in.

I’ve seen several different plates with various configurations that look pretty good.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
What immediately comes to mind is I think ShadowsPapa ran an outlet system that gets powered via an aux switch? Maybe @ShadowsPapa can chime in.

I’ve seen several different plates with various configurations that look pretty good.
Yeah, I have the oem inverter that powers the rear cab 110v outlet. I have read that some "tap" into the oem inverter and run a "pig tail" to the bed and then add the outlet/plate...
I will keep looking, thanks.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

I didn't really "need" 110v in the bed. Most things I have would be powered by 12v or be USB.
When I sleep in the back of the truck, I can charge my phone and hearing aids right next to me back there, and I can plug in a cooler to the 12v outlet.

I used a hole saw to make clearance for my outlets and switch. Since I was only taking out part of the area, I needed a way to center and guide the hole saw so I screwed a block of wood in place - the holes were pre-drilled in the wood to guide the hole saw pilot.

Jeep Gladiator My dealership offered me an alternative to my Diesel JT, and it is very tempting 20220819_111713

I made the "panel" with white acrylic, then painted it blue.

Jeep Gladiator My dealership offered me an alternative to my Diesel JT, and it is very tempting 20220819_112314

Upper left is 2 USB charging slots, upper right is a 12v outlet, lower left is volt meter and lower right is a switch I could use to turn it off in the rear.
It's powered through one of my aux switches so I don't have power running back there full-time.

Jeep Gladiator My dealership offered me an alternative to my Diesel JT, and it is very tempting 20220819_151408

An old halogen trouble light I had laying around to test it out -

Jeep Gladiator My dealership offered me an alternative to my Diesel JT, and it is very tempting 20220820_160558_HDR

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
Yeah, I have the oem inverter that powers the rear cab 110v outlet. I have read that some "tap" into the oem inverter and run a "pig tail" to the bed and then add the outlet/plate...
I will keep looking, thanks.
You're golden then, the hardest part is adding an inverter but already having one you can buy a factory harness and run it or do like SP did above and go a custom route.

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
I realize that you already have a JTD on order and don't know if or when it will be made and you're considering this High Altitude, but noting that someone already mentioned this new option would result in missing out on 4.10 gearing, I thought I'd throw another log on the fire and suggest that you consider ordering a different '23 and get what you want in a 3.6 gas Sport S with Max Tow. Of course, you'd likely want to smooth it all out with the sales mgr, but you're probably already talking to them anyway, and they likely just want to complete a sale however they reasonably can with you. So, that Max Tow comes with a Dana 44 Wide Axle 4.10 gearing which might just be right for you. I have a buddy with a Max Tow and he loves his. Plus, if still in place, you can lock in on the rebates at the time of order or take the new rebates in place at the time of pickup. Additionally, rebates are made available at the trim level, so you may just see that the Max Tow sport S has even more rebates in place than other trims. As well, you could always consider going with a Rubi or Mojave, for the D44 WA with Locker(s), but maybe that's not your flavor for towing or any other reason. Anyways, you could let whichever order come in first be the deciding factor and that might just put you in the driver's seat of you're happiest pick of what you wanted in two order alternatives. I would just make sure I added a disclaimer to both signed order contract stipulating that the deposit is refundable under certain conditions so that you have a valid deposit backed price lock in place and you don't loose any green on the one you don't take deliver of. Lastly, aside from what I've seen as "available on hand" stipulation added to some on hand units rebates (or potential dealer cash), I just don't see why you can't negotiate the same or even better pricing discount back of invoice on a new hypothetical order.

Best of luck!
Sponsored