First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Well I didn't order this panel but ordered the new sun sensor just to see if that will work. I bought 68230114AB from allmopar and hopefully that is the right one. We will see. If this one works for the full auto I will buy this panel for the single zone and see if they work together. I really want this setup to work.
That's the same sensor I just got in the mail today. Currently waiting on my 12-8 cable and bluetooth OBD reader from Amazon in the mail, should be here on Sunday. So I have the new sun sensor, the new temperature sensor, new center stack, and Jscan ready to go when the cable gets here. There's no real answers on the JL forums either, you'd think they would have it figured out by now.
Sponsored

redline61

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
That's the same sensor I just got in the mail today. Currently waiting on my 12-8 cable and bluetooth OBD reader from Amazon in the mail, should be here on Sunday. So I have the new sun sensor, the new temperature sensor, new center stack, and Jscan ready to go when the cable gets here. There's no real answers on the JL forums either, you'd think they would have it figured out by now.
Well I am really interested to hear if this worked for you. This sensor is on backorder now and estimated eta is 8 weeks for me. haha At least if you tell me this didn't work I can cancel my order I suppose.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Well I am really interested to hear if this worked for you. This sensor is on backorder now and estimated eta is 8 weeks for me. haha At least if you tell me this didn't work I can cancel my order I suppose.
I’m off Tuesday and Wednesday this week so those will be my attack days. I’ll keep you posted.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Get a chance to play with it at all?
Between the snow and 16 hour work days, I’ll admit I did not. I have a funny feeling that I’m going to have to make a harness from scratch. On the plus side someone has a how to on the wrangler forums so I can go off that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Retired USN and retired LEO
Between the snow and 16 hour work days, I’ll admit I did not. I have a funny feeling that I’m going to have to make a harness from scratch. On the plus side someone has a how to on the wrangler forums so I can go off that.
I downloaded the PDF from the Wrangler forum on how to make the harness. Ordered the wiring stuff from Mouser, wire and tools from Amazon. Crimping the connectors is not a problem with the correct tool. Biggest issue I had was inserting the pins into the connectors. They bend easy. Tougher than I remember from my days as a Navy Avionics Tech. Not happy with how it turned out so I'm probably going to redo the harness.

I'm thinking there should be an pin insertion/removal tool but I haven't looked into it yet.

ETA: A suggestion for anyone that has to make the harness, order extra pins and connectors.

Last edited:
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator/ Liberty
Occupation
Sheetmetal worker AKA Tinknocker
Fallowing as I have recently obtained my JT sport and it has been updated to the 7” but not the center stack thanks for sharing

redline61

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Well here is my endeavor. Installed the dual zone stack, installed the cabin temp sensor, updated the sun sensor to the correct one, tried programing with J-scan, bought a Tazer mini and tried programing with that.

Everything hasn't changed at all. Climate still goes from full cold, to full hot. Transition seems to be at 72*. Not sure where to go from here. If I program back to single zone and switch the climate stack to the original one it works as it should.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator/ Liberty
Occupation
I have found this web sight don’t know much about them but my 7” radio come from there and I’ll probably buy my center stack from them I’ll also check with the parts department at my local Jeep dealer but it’s going to be a few weeks I’ll keep up on this and hope you guys can find a remedy

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well, I haven't been messing with this lately and decided to go a different direction. For anyone interested I have listed my 7" Uconnect, HVAC controls, etc in the marketplace.

Sponsored

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney
I bought the center stack from CB4017. My Gladiator originally had the 5.5 in it and I upgraded it to a 8.4.
I did not put the interior sensor in yet, but here is an updated so for...
With the single zone (no auto) center stack, I had to use JScan and set the HVAC to Duel ATC and go through a few cycles and let it sit overnight to work.
I think one of the big tjings is letting it sit overnight. I am going to install the sensors and try a few different settings and I will report back on what works and what doesn't.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator/ Liberty
Occupation
Awesome that’s what I have been reading just saving up to purchase everything for this conversion in mine almost there now

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am also compiling a spreadsheet with the part numbers of all the Center Stacks for JT's and the features each has. I started downloading pictures of as many I can find as well.
I read for hours and hours on here and this is one subject that is all over the place. Hopefully I can gether enough data and make a separate post with all the information...
On a side note, I bought my brand new 8.4" radio for a good price. It did not need a vin number programed in it. I think that is just a hype that some companies are putting in their ads so they can charge more for the radio. You can get a brand new 8.4" for $1200, I don't know why some companies are charging $1600 or even $2300 for a used one, doesn't seem ethical to me, but to each their own, I guess...

OP
OP
cb4017

cb4017

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I bought the center stack from CB4017. My Gladiator originally had the 5.5 in it and I upgraded it to a 8.4.
I did not put the interior sensor in yet, but here is an updated so for...
With the single zone (no auto) center stack, I had to use JScan and set the HVAC to Duel ATC and go through a few cycles and let it sit overnight to work.
I think one of the big tjings is letting it sit overnight. I am going to install the sensors and try a few different settings and I will report back on what works and what doesn't.
Hmm, admittedly I did not cycle the Jeep a bunch then let it sit. Maybe I gave up to soon.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CB4017 I don't think it will work completely correct without the sensors amyway.
Plus who would think to set the BCM to Duel ATC for Single MTC, doesn't make sense at all. I figured I would just try everything.
Hopefully when the sensors get here I can put them in and set the BCM to Single MTC and let it sit overnight and see if it works...
Sponsored