Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Travel HCW
Nice build! So from this maybe it was my floor mats, advanced safety or bed liner?

I didn’t opt for leather either, I don’t want to have a sweaty back all summer long. I also don’t care much about adaptive cruise, anytime I’ve used it I just end up following someone going super slow and not realizing it 😆. I did want the crash avoidance though, so I went with it.
Exactly! Or some asshole zips across your lane and the system freaks out and jerks to slow down. I considered the safety group but coming from a 2004 outback as a daily, I think I should be fine hahaha. I wish I got the bedliner but I'll be doing that aftermarket. Can't stand it's not available with diesels. Floor matts I regret not slapping on, hoping gupton has some in stock lol. Driving back to Minnesota, I don't want to get shitty salt all over my new carpet 😂.
Sponsored

Bananaman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Exactly! Or some asshole zips across your lane and the system freaks out and jerks to slow down. I considered the safety group but coming from a 2004 outback as a daily, I think I should be fine hahaha. I wish I got the bedliner but I'll be doing that aftermarket. Can't stand it's not available with diesels. Floor Matt's I regret to slapping on, hoping gupton has some in stock lol. Driving back to Minnesota, I don't want to get shitty salt all over my new carpet 😂.
I ordered a diesel and got factory bed liner....or did I read you wrong?

Tart_Cart

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Travel HCW
YOU are the hero we need! Thank you for this!

On a side note, I woke up to this surprise today.
39646590-9DE9-4D57-BA02-B7F3369A47A8.jpeg

so it’s happening?!??!? It’s really happening????
Got the same email sir!!! If you plan to head down that weekend we may be there at the same time! If not be sure to post a picture of my new steed lmao.

Tart_Cart

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Travel HCW
I ordered a diesel and got factory bed liner....or did I read you wrong?
Wat. How? Everytime I added it on the jeep site it would get rid of the diesel, and when I asked Gupton to do it they told me it wasn't available on the diesels.

download (2).jpeg

Sponsored

Nuddot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Willys, 2019 JKU Sahara, 2022 JT Overland
Wat. How? Everytime I added it on the jeep site it would get rid of the diesel, and when I asked Gupton to do it they told me it wasn't available on the diesels.

Jeep Gladiator MY22 Only - Anyone moved to D1? 2331796F-69F7-4E6F-A4A6-3FB9027F765A
I have a diesel with bedliner coming, but ordered a long time ago so it is/was possible.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
So the part came in on Thursday, and Chapman got it all fixed....but.....along with the fix, they have to do some on-road testing, and that testing is recommended to be done above freezing temperature. It's below freezing all weekend here, so praying for Monday or Tuesday at this point. If I miss that window, it's going to drop down below freezing again.

I'm convinced I'm going to get Covid the day I'm supposed to go pick it up, or we'll get 2' of snow or something....
Pray for 2' cause at least you can still drive it home.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
Weird, I got my Jeep Wave email this morning too! What's up with that timing for sending it to all of us? Mine says week of 2/9 for what that's worth. 10 days later than Jeep Chat said, and odd considering it was 'in transit' this week. Hoping Gupton can provide some accurate timing this week.

NUcat

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD on order
I also got an email this morning. Week of 2/9 delivery at Gupton for me.

Jeep Gladiator MY22 Only - Anyone moved to D1? 2331796F-69F7-4E6F-A4A6-3FB9027F765A
I got my Jeep Wave email this morning as well. There must be a large batch coming out from Jeep since they sent so many emails. My JTRD is coming into Oregon the week of 2/18, so it'll be a nice birthday present for myself!

Bananaman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green Sport S JTRD
Occupation
Cabinet maker
I have a diesel with bedliner coming, but ordered a long time ago so it is/was possible.
Me too. Before MY22 was on the web site I ordered off the MY21 and sent it to my dealer who had access to MY22 ordering. Things did get changed though. I paid extra for the black wheels on my Sport S because silver was standard, now in 22 black shows standard, but I'm getting silver because of the package I got.
I also noticed that if I changed the order of options I selected it would keep some, but drop others.

Sponsored

Dmcgee

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler, 2014 RAM
Occupation
Retired
FYI... leak in the input shaft seal. Any Rubicon owners, keep an eye on the T-Case!

When you make 1000's of these, there's bound to be an issue now and then. Rather it happens now with 1800 miles than at 36,001 🤞

1642693162313.png
Well, this is disappointing ..... Not sure I'd have as charitable a thought process about it but can't disagree that sometimes things happen in the assembly process. However, unless it's a bad seal that got by QC, things of this nature are generally someone not paying attention or just being distracted or lazy.
The auto industry adopted various quality measures and processes many years ago that are (or can be) highly effective.... that should simply not have happened!!

And I'm guessing the dealer told you they'd never seen anything like that in a new vehicle?

Anyone else have an issue like this recently?

Don't get me wrong I'm a Jeep Fan and things like this don't dissuade me but ... it's disappointing!

Dan

X-387

First Name
Jeffrey Heilige
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda cx9 Jeep JT
Occupation
Ip Engineer
YOU are the hero we need! Thank you for this!

On a side note, I woke up to this surprise today.

so it’s happening?!??!? It’s really happening????
Nice, congratulations. Did you receive a previous email from Jeep Wave with your VIN? How long before this one? I have a welcome email today but i know it is already built since 1/5/22 and sticker on 1/13/22 and sitting in storage and now at the waiting delivery lot. Dealer sent me a screenshot that there is no date and it shows TBD.

sauc3y

First Name
sauc3ymonk3y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A moose until I take delivery
Occupation
Banana Management
Nice, congratulations. Did you receive a previous email from Jeep Wave with your VIN? How long before this one? I have a welcome email today but i know it is already built since 1/5/22 and sticker on 1/13/22 and sitting in storage and now at the waiting delivery lot. Dealer sent me a screenshot that there is no date and it shows TBD.
That’s my first email communication from Jeep Wave.

VON - dealer
VIN - Jeep Chat
Build Status - Jeep Chat
Initial Delivery Windows - Jeep Chat

I chalked the email up to Jeep Chat receiving a metric butt ton of daily requests from us savages.

Will be interesting to see how well the delivery dates hold up.

NUcat

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD on order
That’s my first email communication from Jeep Wave.

VON - dealer
VIN - Jeep Chat
Build Status - Jeep Chat
Initial Delivery Windows - Jeep Chat

I chalked the email up to Jeep Chat receiving a metric butt ton of daily requests from us savages.

Will be interesting to see how well the delivery dates hold up.
The sales manager at my dealer told me a while back that Jeep production facilities take a 2 week idling period starting 1/22. They shut down pretty much everything, and it appears that he might have been correct. Maybe they worked to get as many orders completed as possible and sent emails out to update the sold orders since Jeep chat seems to be shut down for a bit as well.

This is all a theory, so take what I say with a grain of salt, haha.

I woke up to a Crypto stickers email this morning, and my window sticker is up! It’s finally done! That would be amazing if my JT arrived way earlier than expected (2/18) through some shipping miracle. A man can dream I guess…😴
Sponsored