Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Travel HCW
I havenā€™t been able to piece it together. At D1 status it shouldnā€™t have be waiting for any parts. My best speculation is there is a backlog at the ā€œbody vendorā€ where things like bed liner, slush mats and tonneau covers etc. are installed (of which I have all three). Either they just donā€™t have the capacity causing scheduling delays or body shop components donā€™t count towards to ā€œD1ā€ status and something I have was backordered.

Anyone of the 3-4 members whose rides just got delivered to Gupton care to share your build specs?

Edit: Attaching my own build sheet

Jeep Gladiator MY22 Only - Anyone moved to D1? PXL_20220122_005322558.MP
Mines a fairly middle of the road build I think, skipped a few higher tag items like leather interior and the safety/adaptive cruise. You couldnt pay me to have adaptive cruise.

Screenshot_20220121-210818.png

Tart_Cart

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Travel HCW
Thanks for sharing!

I suspect that jeep chatā€™s ā€œall materials have been gatheredā€ just isnā€™t entirely accurate and one or more of the many boxes I checked were backordered.
Im pretty sure thats part of the case. My brother's TRX has gone from D1 to D and back again probably 3 times now. Finally has a build date though.

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
Thanks for sharing!

I suspect that jeep chatā€™s ā€œall materials have been gatheredā€ just isnā€™t entirely accurate and one or more of the many boxes I checked were backordered.
Seems pretty normal actually. Mine spent about 5 weeks in D1.

Once they actually started building it, it was completed and approved for shipping in just over a week. Allegedly in transit now with ETA of 1-24 to 1-31.

Sponsored

ThirdCoastOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2022 Mojave on order
Occupation
Engineer
Im pretty sure thats part of the case. My brother's TRX has gone from D1 to D and back again probably 3 times now. Finally has a build date though.
Yeah I think you are right, I only checked JC once or twice a week and never saw the status regress, but Iā€™m sure it must of.

Seems pretty normal actually. Mine spent about 5 weeks in D1.

Once they actually started building it, it was completed and approved for shipping in just over a week. Allegedly in transit now with ETA of 1-24 to 1-31.
What was your order date? I took me several weeks waiting in D before it ever went to D1.

Check out the tracking sheet created for this thread, not a lot of people fill it out anymore but thereā€™s enough data points for me to do some statistics.

Looking at everyone who ordered 11/1 to present (2022 production began around 11/22) thereā€™s an average of 34.5 days between order date and estimated ship date. The max days in that data set is me, at 63 days. With a standard deviation of 11.4 that puts me beyond 2 standard deviations but within 3 stdev. So Iā€™m not a total outlier, but very far from average.
*pushes up glasses*

Iā€™m not complaining as this is the timing I expected from the get go, itā€™s just interesting to try and figure out the puzzle of jeep production planning.

6D94CED1-6276-424B-8C07-917FB5E1FC20.jpeg

nas4a

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Diesel
So the part came in on Thursday, and Chapman got it all fixed....but.....along with the fix, they have to do some on-road testing, and that testing is recommended to be done above freezing temperature. It's below freezing all weekend here, so praying for Monday or Tuesday at this point. If I miss that window, it's going to drop down below freezing again.

I'm convinced I'm going to get Covid the day I'm supposed to go pick it up, or we'll get 2' of snow or something....

sauc3y

First Name
sauc3ymonk3y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A moose until I take delivery
Occupation
Banana Management
Looking at everyone who ordered 11/1 to present (2022 production began around 11/22) thereā€™s an average of 34.5 days between order date and estimated ship date. The max days in that data set is me, at 63 days. With a standard deviation of 11.4 that puts me beyond 2 standard deviations but within 3 stdev. So Iā€™m not a total outlier, but very far from average.
*pushes up glasses*
YOU are the hero we need! Thank you for this!

On a side note, I woke up to this surprise today.
Jeep Gladiator MY22 Only - Anyone moved to D1? 39646590-9DE9-4D57-BA02-B7F3369A47A8

so itā€™s happening?!??!? Itā€™s really happening????

andrewdoesit

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Occupation
Sales
I'm not sure about the rest of the world, but in San Diego that message is meaningless. I've had my ETA window pushed back three times. We have humungous lots full of new vehicles near our ports, and I can only assume my Gladiator is sitting there waiting for a driver... I ordered mine on 11/2/21, and my original ETA window was late December. My latest window spans from today through 2/2/22. I'm not trying to be a buzzkill. Hopefully you have better luck than me.
Might have something to do with all of the trains getting robbed recently in CA. System might be backed up and youā€™re unfortunately the one that has to suffer.

Sponsored

ThirdCoastOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT, 2022 Mojave on order
Occupation
Engineer
Mines a fairly middle of the road build I think, skipped a few higher tag items like leather interior and the safety/adaptive cruise. You couldnt pay me to have adaptive cruise.

Screenshot_20220121-210818.png
Nice build! So from this maybe it was my floor mats, advanced safety or bed liner?

I didnā€™t opt for leather either, I donā€™t want to have a sweaty back all summer long. I also donā€™t care much about adaptive cruise, anytime Iā€™ve used it I just end up following someone going super slow and not realizing it šŸ˜†. I did want the crash avoidance though, so I went with it.

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
Yeah I think you are right, I only checked JC once or twice a week and never saw the status regress, but Iā€™m sure it must of.

What was your order date? I took me several weeks waiting in D before it ever went to D1.

Check out the tracking sheet created for this thread, not a lot of people fill it out anymore but thereā€™s enough data points for me to do some statistics.

*pushes up glasses*

Iā€™m not complaining as this is the timing I expected from the get go, itā€™s just interesting to try and figure out the puzzle of jeep production planning.

6D94CED1-6276-424B-8C07-917FB5E1FC20.jpeg
I ordered 12-1-21. Was in D1 within a few days, maybe a week tops. Got an email from Jeep Care today indicating my Jeep should be at the dealer the week of 1-31-22

Jeep Gladiator MY22 Only - Anyone moved to D1? Screenshot_20220122-105522_Gmail