lepse38

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT, 21 C8 Vette
Hello,

As I am impatiently waiting for my Gladi to arrive, I am like the most of us shopping for upgrades.
I just purchased a mid height bed rack and would like to install an awning on it.
Is there a bracket (or elevated stanchions I should say) option available to raise it up from mid-rack to get to let's say 7 feet?
Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
Last edited:
OP
OP
lepse38

lepse38

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT, 21 C8 Vette

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hello,

As I am impatiently waiting for my Gladi to arrive, I am like the most of us shopping for upgrades.
I just purchased a mid height bed rack and would like to install an awning on it.
Is there a bracket (or elevated stanchions I should say) option available to raise it up from mid-rack to get to let's say 7 feet?
Thank you in advance!
Do you have pictures of your rack? Without seeing it, Iā€™d attach some vertical square tubing front and rear, and drill several lateral holes in them. Then get the next size down of square tube and make some sliding mounts for the awning. Use a welded nut for a set screw to kill rattling. Use stainless pins through the lateral holes to adjust height. When driving lower it down. When camping, raise it to where youā€™d like. I have something similar on a RTT trailer.

OP
OP
lepse38

lepse38

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT, 21 C8 Vette
Do you have pictures of your rack? Without seeing it, Iā€™d attach some vertical square tubing front and rear, and drill several lateral holes in them. Then get the next size down of square tube and make some sliding mounts for the awning. Use a welded nut for a set screw to kill rattling. Use stainless pins through the lateral holes to adjust height. When driving lower it down. When camping, raise it to where youā€™d like. I have something similar on a RTT trailer.
IMG_3848.jpeg

IMG_3849.jpeg

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hope these pictures will work. Thank you for looking into this for me!
Itā€™s doable, but not completely straight forward as there is only one horizontal bar. If you can figure out how to mount some square tube virtually to both the front and rear legs, it should work fine.

Or you could add a horizontal bar to the setup to give you two mounting points vertically.

OP
OP
lepse38

lepse38

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT, 21 C8 Vette
Itā€™s doable, but not completely straight forward as there is only one horizontal bar. If you can figure out how to mount some square tube virtually to both the front and rear legs, it should work fine.

Or you could add a horizontal bar to the setup to give you two mounting points vertically.
Got it. thank you!
Sponsored