Sponsored

Need help/ideas for Iron Cross rear bumper

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, E36 BMW M3, E92 BMW M3
I just installed the Iron Cross rear bumper. I really like it but have 2 complaints I’m hoping you guys can help me with.

1) the cheap Fks, provided the cheapest 1.25” round license plate lights ever made. And the drivers side lights up the trailer plug really well but that’s about it. Would it kill them to spend $5 on some led ones. With that said, they are harder to find than you would think. Should I just put led bulbs (192 bulb) in them or anyone know where I can get sealed led lights to replace these with?

2) there is four 1.15” (1 1/8) holes that I’m guessing is for the park distance sensors, which I don’t have. I’m at a loss as what to use to plug these holes. But I think they look terrible so I have to do something. They seem like somewhat of an odd size so my initial thought I’d those trailer marker lights are all 3/4” so they won’t work. I’d like to get lights that I’ll hook up to the reverse lights but would settle for plugging them if necessary. Any creative ideas out there?

Aside from the above I really like it. My only design change would be to have the mounting plates also bolt to the frame rail where the factory tow hooks bolt on. But that’s probably overkill. It has built in cutouts on each corner for square lights but I think I’ll leave them open so I can use them as a step.

TIA
Sponsored

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
pics please?

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the Iron Cross rear bumper. I really like it but have 2 complaints I’m hoping you guys can help me with.

1) the cheap Fks, provided the cheapest 1.25” round license plate lights ever made. And the drivers side lights up the trailer plug really well but that’s about it. Would it kill them to spend $5 on some led ones. With that said, they are harder to find than you would think. Should I just put led bulbs (192 bulb) in them or anyone know where I can get sealed led lights to replace these with?

2) there is four 1.15” (1 1/8) holes that I’m guessing is for the park distance sensors, which I don’t have. I’m at a loss as what to use to plug these holes. But I think they look terrible so I have to do something. They seem like somewhat of an odd size so my initial thought I’d those trailer marker lights are all 3/4” so they won’t work. I’d like to get lights that I’ll hook up to the reverse lights but would settle for plugging them if necessary. Any creative ideas out there?

Aside from the above I really like it. My only design change would be to have the mounting plates also bolt to the frame rail where the factory tow hooks bolt on. But that’s probably overkill. It has built in cutouts on each corner for square lights but I think I’ll leave them open so I can use them as a step.

TIA
These should be avail in most trailer or online stores. Just pick a clear option

https://www.raneystruckparts.com/dual-function-1-1-4-clearance-marker-turn-led-light/

OP
OP

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is some pics

347303EB-08FB-4139-917A-FD726E1812DF.jpeg

6931EB0B-AC6D-4468-81A9-86137810B7B2.jpeg

4C8F1BB2-65E1-41FF-B90F-D42FBC9093D6.jpeg

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
This should work. If not, there are some 1" ones on amazon too.

Screenshot_20191220-200057_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Sponsored

GOIN4ARP

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I just installed this Bumper too. They Definitely cheaped out on the license plate light.
I thought it was odd the hardware has 1/2" Stainless washers and Allen bolts, but regular lock washers and regular nuts. I changed the nuts stainless steel.
The bumper realy matches the body lines of the Gladiator.

20200622_172814.jpg

20200622_172829.jpg

20200622_172840.jpg

Wkyfiregladdy

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Mechanic
I was thinking about this bumper in the future, looks like you can get 1 1/8 round plastic plugs off Amazon for under 10 bucks, and I was partial to seeing if I could integrate the oem led lights,( I have the tazer so on backup they don’t bother me) I also noticed Hooke Offroad on Amazon has same bumper as a fraction of price just no iron cross cutouts

OP
OP

e36racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After a year of this bumper I can say with confidence that it’s mall crawler material. Don’t use the D ring mounts unless you want to bend the bumper mounts. It’s weak, if you get mildly stuck, pull from the hitch.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
Just installed one of these on saturday. Really disappointed with it.

Was a huge pain in the butt to get it aligned properly. The brackets are like universal fit brackets, there is a TON of slop / play in them. Spent a good hour fiddling with the alignment and adjusting before torque`ing, which required a crows foot to reach the brackets.. Oh and all this was after I went to the hardware store to replace half the fasteners.

As others have said, garbage ebay lights included, and the mounting for the D-Rings does not inspire confidence. Id probably be better off pulling with a D-Ring mounted in my tow hitch receiver.

If this thing was budget priced, Id be a lot more understanding.. It looks nice, and itll do the job, but I wont be purchasing from this brand again.

I like the idea of the plastic body plugs to fill the sensor holes. I had been considering putting reflectors or running lights in them.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Hooke is a Chinese company, probably affiliated with the manufacturing plant that Iron Cross uses to stamp out their bumpers.

That's why there are OEM steel bumpers on Amazon and ebay for much less than OEM prices.
Same factory, QC approved get Mopar numbers, factory seconds go on ebay and Amazon......
Sponsored