Iron Cross Automotive GP-2004 Rear Bumper

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude
Has anyone bought this bumper for their Gladiator? I'm interested but haven't found any reviews yet. The shipping weight is listed at 150lbs according to Quadratec https://www.quadratec.com/p/iron-cross-automotive/rear-bumper-black-jeep-gladiator-jt but the installation instructions that are also on Qtec's site are for the Jeep Wrangler version which looks totally different. I did see some pics of it on RSI North America Inc's thread https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/smartcap-goes-on-new-jeep-build.30495/

4wheelparts is offering 10% off orders of $500 or more and this lists at $575.

Jeep Gladiator Iron Cross Automotive GP-2004 Rear Bumper iron cross bumper1
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
If you get it from 4WheelParts, do yourself a favor and order it from a store.
Online is a hassle right now and taking about double the normal order time.

Picked up my new wheels yesterday after a 3 week wait for a 3-7 day item after ordering online. Store manager said do NOT order from online right now.

OP
OP
Digger70

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you get it from 4WheelParts, do yourself a favor and order it from a store.
Online is a hassle right now and taking about double the normal order time.

Picked up my new wheels yesterday after a 3 week wait for a 3-7 day item after ordering online. Store manager said do NOT order from online right now.
Thanks for the info. I'm not going to drive to Pittsburgh or Carlisle which are the only stores in PA so I can order and wait for it. No hurry. If I order it. A 150lb bumper really isn't what I need at the moment. The Amazon listing showed the item weight of 160lbs but shipping weight was 71lb. I was also deciding between the Fishbone Mako or Westin WJ2 bumpers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Digger70

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's all preference, had to modify the rear side guards a little

Jeep Gladiator Iron Cross Automotive GP-2004 Rear Bumper Rear B R

Looks great. Thanks for the pics. Do you recall how much it weighed? I know you can put cube lights in the corners but could you use them as a step instead?

Sponsored

Poorboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel F150, 2020 Diesel Wrangler
Looks great. Thanks for the pics. Do you recall how much it weighed? I know you can put cube lights in the corners but could you use them as a step instead?
About 70#'s,

rolape2

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 XLT FX4 (wifes); 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, Sport S, Max tow; 1988 Suzuki Samurai; 1994 BMW 325i Cabrio; 2004 Coachman Aurora Motorhome.
That color match really looks sharp. I keep thinking about this bumper, just so I can use the light cut out for a corner step. My wife is going to kick me out of the house if I don't quit buying parts.

OP
OP
Digger70

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That color match really looks sharp. I keep thinking about this bumper, just so I can use the light cut out for a corner step. My wife is going to kick me out of the house if I don't quit buying parts.
I just ordered mine today from 4WD.com and got 10% off. Just tell your wife that a heavy-duty rear bumper will better protect your Gladiator from rear-end collisions and the same for a front bumper :like:

rolape2

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 XLT FX4 (wifes); 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, Sport S, Max tow; 1988 Suzuki Samurai; 1994 BMW 325i Cabrio; 2004 Coachman Aurora Motorhome.
I have the aluminum Barricade front bumper sitting on the floor waiting to go on. Keep the front light and got to be stronger then the plastic bumper. And my birthday is next week. Maybe a present!:like:

OP
OP
Digger70

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the aluminum Barricade front bumper sitting on the floor waiting to go on. Keep the front light and got to be stronger then the plastic bumper.
Good deal! I sent an email to Iron Cross after I made this thread to see how much the bumper weighs and the sales rep said 60-70lbs.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered mine today from 4WD.com and got 10% off. Just tell your wife that a heavy-duty rear bumper will better protect your Gladiator from rear-end collisions and the same for a front bumper :like:
My wife saw this happen on the JK first hand. Twice got rear ended in the JK and a little touch up bedliner on my Body armor rear bumper and good as new. Can't say the same for the van and car that hit me, sucks for them. One of the reasons she told me to look for a rear bumper and it for some reason wasn't real hard to convince me:idea:

OP
OP
Digger70

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My wife saw this happen on the JK first hand. Twice got rear ended in the JK and a little touch up bedliner on my Body armor rear bumper and good as new. Can't say the same for the van and car that hit me, sucks for them. One of the reasons she told me to look for a rear bumper and it for some reason wasn't real hard to convince me:idea:
If you look at your vehicle as an investment then it's a good idea to protect it with a bumper that's better than the lightweight stock bumper. Also nice to have side steps or rock rails that stick out and prevent shopping carts from hitting your doors. Where I live there's the potential for deer running out in front of me so I like to have a front bumper with a hoop or stinger. One time a deer jumped from a bank and landed right on the windshield of my Jeep Cherokee so a bumper wouldn't have helped that time haha. Maybe a full exterior roll cage.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
If you look at your vehicle as an investment then it's a good idea to protect it with a bumper that's better than the lightweight stock bumper. Also nice to have side steps or rock rails that stick out and prevent shopping carts from hitting your doors. Where I live there's the potential for deer running out in front of me so I like to have a front bumper with a hoop or stinger. One time a deer jumped from a bank and landed right on the windshield of my Jeep Cherokee so a bumper wouldn't have helped that time haha. Maybe a full exterior roll cage.
Same here as far as deer. I leveled off on a few of them in the JK as well. Steel front bumper and steel fenders help me stay at zero damage pretty much. I'm not to the point of steel fenders on the JT yet but if this online shopping keeps up and I keep looking who knows where this thing might go

OP
OP
Digger70

Digger70

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my Iron Cross bumper today. I met with the driver from R+L Deliveries this morning and just backed up to his truck and slid it in the back of mine. It wasn't a simple install though. The instructions stated to use the factory hardware to bolt it on and instead of trying to rip apart the factory bumper to try to get the factory bolts out I used 4 of the bolts used to fasten the D-Ring mounts which go through the bumper and into the holes of the brackets that you install first. So now I need to get 4 extra bolts for the D-Ring mounts.

So like I said it came with 2 powdercoated brackets that you bolt on (2 bolts each side) to the rear frame mounts. Then you put the bumper on and have to line up the holes from the brackets and place the D-Ring mounts on the outside of the bumper, thread the bolts through the bumper and into the bracket holes. I had a friend lift the one side so I could thread the bolts. One side lined up but the other didn't so had to take the bumper off and hit the bracket on one side with a hammer to get it aligned about a half inch, put the bumper back on and all the holes lined up. Also the license plate lights were not plug and play as Quadratec stated and I have to get someone to wire them up for me. The plug for the hitch won't stay in and keeps coming out. I may be able to bend the side brackets out more so they wedge in more. But all in all it's a nice looking beast of a bumper and I like the corner steps, the 'iron cross' etched into the sides and the name 'iron cross' that is etched into the back of the bumper right above the hitch. It has a nice powdercoat finish. I got some LED lights for the bumper corners but may just wait and put them somewhere else since I like having that step there. I also removed the spare to give me more room to install.

So I ordered it May 7th from 4WD.com and it was delivered today May 14th. R+L Deliveries texted me May 12th with the tracking number and I had to call them to schedule the delivery. They said they could deliver it either the 14th or 19th. Their nearest 'depot' is 3hrs away. The driver called this morning and we figured out where we could meet which was just a minute away. Real simple. This was the third time I had a shipment like this.

20200514_144513a.jpg

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Iron Cross bumper today. I met with the driver from R+L Deliveries this morning and just backed up to his truck and slid it in the back of mine. It wasn't a simple install though. The instructions stated to use the factory hardware to bolt it on and instead of trying to rip apart the factory bumper to try to get the factory bolts out I used 4 of the bolts used to fasten the D-Ring mounts which go through the bumper and into the holes of the brackets that you install first. So now I need to get 4 extra bolts for the D-Ring mounts.

So like I said it came with 2 powdercoated brackets that you bolt on (2 bolts each side) to the rear frame mounts. Then you put the bumper on and have to line up the holes from the brackets and place the D-Ring mounts on the outside of the bumper, thread the bolts through the bumper and into the bracket holes. I had a friend lift the one side so I could thread the bolts. One side lined up but the other didn't so had to take the bumper off and hit the bracket on one side with a hammer to get it aligned about a half inch, put the bumper back on and all the holes lined up. Also the license plate lights were not plug and play as Quadratec stated and I have to get someone to wire them up for me. The plug for the hitch won't stay in and keeps coming out. I may be able to bend the side brackets out more so they wedge in more. But all in all it's a nice looking beast of a bumper and I like the corner steps, the 'iron cross' etched into the sides and the name 'iron cross' that is etched into the back of the bumper right above the hitch. It has a nice powdercoat finish. I got some LED lights for the bumper corners but may just wait and put them somewhere else since I like having that step there. I also removed the spare to give me more room to install.

So I ordered it May 7th from 4WD.com and it was delivered today May 14th. R+L Deliveries texted me May 12th with the tracking number and I had to call them to schedule the delivery. They said they could deliver it either the 14th or 19th. Their nearest 'depot' is 3hrs away. The driver called this morning and we figured out where we could meet which was just a minute away. Real simple. This was the third time I had a shipment like this.

20200514_144513a.jpg
Looks good but with some of the issues with plug and light fitments I may be second guessing switching mine at all. I would love to see the DV8 one installed or get someone's opinion on it before I decide on what to do. I was looking hard at the Ironcross as well. I'm not going to jump the gun, I'm going to try to make a calculated decision instead of just settling.
Sponsored