First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
what part of town are you in? I was driving all over today and saw a black and a silver...
Maybe the silver was mine?
We are staying at Loew's Portofino, Universal Studios.
Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Ok Greg, I'm in O town with my wife and daughter and I've only seen 2 Gladiators so far. Both have been white. I was hoping to see more out in the wild.
what part of town are you in? I was driving all over today and saw a black and a silver...
I live out on the east side of Orlando and work in the Research Park at UCF. I see maybe one other JT on my trips to and from work. Seen a handful in and around Oviedo area. White Rubicon in my neighborhood. Thus far I am the only Punk'n JT ive seen...few Punk'n JLs thou.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Curious to hear more about why this?
Well several reasons in no particular order. I do like the contrast of the black top and black fender flares. I don't need the off road capabilities of the Rubicon. The Sport S with max tow is more than capable for my needs. I could have ordered a Sport S with max tow and most every other option available to the Sport S including dual tops and would have saved close to $6000 vs what I paid for my Rubicon. With either model I still would have swapped out stock wheels and tires for aftermarket wheels and tires. With the Rubicon I installed the Alloy USA front 1.5" leveling kit and rear 0.75" Daystar spacer to give my Gladiator the look I wanted. It cost me $130. With a Sport S I would have done the same thing and been happy with the look. The only factory option that the Sport S would not have given me was the LED headlights but for under $1000 I could have added them on.
While the Rubicon model looks so much better aesthetically sitting on the lot, it doesn't take much to make a Sport model look really sharp too. So from the knowledge I have gained over the 6 months as an owner as well as from hours perusing this forum, I have no doubts I'd be just as happy driving a loaded Sport S max tow model as I am driving my well equipped Rubicon model.

OP
OP
Yellow1098

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
I live out on the east side of Orlando and work in the Research Park at UCF. I see maybe one other JT on my trips to and from work. Seen a handful in and around Oviedo area. White Rubicon in my neighborhood. Thus far I am the only Punk'n JT ive seen...few Punk'n JLs thou.
punk’n looks so cool...I work out in Oviedo every week so maybe I’ll bump into you...are there any secret spots to do any light wheeling? I seen at least 2-3 different ones everyday but I drive around the city all day for a living.....

I dont think so...it was a sport s in winter park area about 3 o’clock

Sponsored

Jdyowa

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
Manager
I don't know where y'all see a JT starting at 33k? It says it online but as soon as you click "build", it jumps to 35k.
That said, I just came out of a '16 JKUR that I had for exactly one year. Before that it was a '16 Canyon that I bought new. I had 7 jeeps before that but I wanted a truck and Jeep had yet to announce it, so I tried a Canyon for a year and a half. I liked the truck but it has nothing on my Overland. It was a decently loaded 2wd but it was also 20k less than my JT. Wife came home one day with the Rubi so I traded it up. Then three months later they came out with the Gladiator. Took me 9 months to pull the trigger but glad I did.
This truck is the best heep I've ever had. And its #9. My cj5 was great but different. I love this thing.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
I don't think this thing is going anywhere! It's popularity is only going to go upward, as prices go down and the masses get to know they exist...you watch. This is a truck continent, and a jeep continent, to combine the two so perfectly...pure gold. These will be around a long long time. They will be the 'it' vehicle in the mid-size truck market...plus as a lifestyle vehicle it will cross over and pull people from all over the vehicle segment range. Lastly...anyone noticed this overlanding craze? ;) It's about the perfect overlanding base vehicle. Well perfect would be 550 lb four cylinder diesel with manual transmission imo...the cummins r2.8 or the baby duramax would be wonderful, the 4bt a little too heavy at 750 lbs imo. The pentastar a great flexible motor so we got it pretty dang good already. I'd be down with a 2.5-2.8 liter turbo four gasser too, the ranger motor would be a good one. I guess i got a thing for boost, someday i want to scratch that itch. My sport s with 6-speed may get the little cummins r2.8 one day down the road when/if the pentastar starts to wimp out. Planning very long term ownership, jeeps are the best for that sort of plan.:rock:

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Lastly...anyone noticed this overlanding craze? ;) It's about the perfect overlanding base vehicle.
Hehe, you mean the camping craze?

I love how things that have been around forever ....get "renamed" and all the sudden its the latest and greatest fad.

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

I love how things that have been around forever ....get "renamed" and all the sudden its the latest and greatest fad.
I still see a difference in camping and overlanding. There's definitely overlap, but I think people like to say they're overlanding now because it sounds "cooler".
To me camping is short term, a weekend or week long trip, that's spent mostly in one spot, and doesn't always require a vehicle to get to your destination. Overlanding is longer, gone for weeks or months at a time, living out of your vehicle and driving to multiple different places off the grid.

For example, check out Trail Recon and Venture 4wd on Youtube. I'd consider Trail Recon a camper and Venture 4wd an overlander.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd

Ya, lol, i may be poking a little fun at this rack and overhead tent trend, getting a little out of hand imo but hey. That's a lot of stuff bolted on to a vehicle for a smaller percentage of time a year. Also, ruins the sweet lines of a clean JT imo. Ultralight gear available at all the hiking places, toss er in and go. Whats wrong with a tent on the ground? I'd kill myself on that ladder for the 2 am pee breaks. I digress...i'm for the trend if it sells a bazillion more JT's. ;)

Sponsored

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
Love life, love my son and wife, love my Gladiator Launch Edition. I am happy with what I have, nobody can tell me what can make me so happy and nobody can take away my loves. How about you. How can anyone tell you what you like and what is value. Live your life! I do and nobody knows me like me.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
punk’n looks so cool...I work out in Oviedo every week so maybe I’ll bump into you...are there any secret spots to do any light wheeling? I seen at least 2-3 different ones everyday but I drive around the city all day for a living.....

I dont think so...it was a sport s in winter park area about 3 o’clock
I saw 2 red JT Sports on I-4 in Orlando earlier today.

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
I doubt prices are going to change anytime.. A JL Rubicon is not much less than a JT Rubicon in Canada. it's about a 5-6'ish K difference. Sure it would be nice if it were less but it is what it is. Those that don't like it can get a crappy Ranger or an out dated Tacoma (I went from a 2018 TRD Offroad to the JT) or the Colorado ZR2... When comparing the other midsize trucks in Canada to get a fully loaded version of any of them the JT is marginally more and has much more to offer.

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)
For what it's worth my local dealer around here Said that the Gladiator isn't selling as well as they thought but not so bad. He says it is way out selling any 2-door JLs. He says he really has a hard time pushing two doors.

Rav34653

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Vehicle Showcase
There is no other reason FCA is offering a $2000 cash allowance and other incentives so soon on the Gladiator , other than sale's were lower than expected. The Gladiator is an expensive toy for a select market. The next few months will tell it the $2000 cash allowance is large enough to boost sales.
Sponsored