New 2022 Ecodiesel Already In the Shop

nas4a

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Diesel
I bought a brand new 2010 GT500 and fuel pump failed on the drive home at 6 miles. Took 1 month for it to come in. They gave me a Ford Edge. Insane. Couldn't even give me a Mustang GT or something.
Sounds like what I’m dealing with. My ‘22 Sport S Diesel had a check engine light on during pre-delivery inspection 2 hours before I picked it up on 12/22. Been at the dealer ever since waiting on a back-ordered part. Im glad it’s not my daily driver or else I’d be really out of luck as I can’t even get a loaner because it’s technically/legally not mine yet!
Sponsored

OP
OP

tjd2003

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator High Altitude Ecodiesel
Just talked to the dealership. They are replacing the turbo. Don’t know yet what happened but the advisor said it should only take a day or two to fix. I’ll update after I get it back.

ilovebikes99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Blackout
Occupation
Motorcyclist
what the heck does turbo have to do with it. weird. and those are garrett turbos I believe. extremely reliable

OP
OP

tjd2003

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what the heck does turbo have to do with it. weird. and those are garrett turbos I believe. extremely reliable
I was thinking the same thing. I'm afraid this won't fix the problem and it'll be back in the shop before long but hopefully I'm wrong. I'll keep this updated after I get it back.

Sponsored

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
Just talked to the dealership. They are replacing the turbo. Don’t know yet what happened but the advisor said it should only take a day or two to fix. I’ll update after I get it back.
Well that escalated quickly

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj, Gladiator Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Just got my JTD back from the dealer the other day. The windshield washer pump was already broken with less than 500 miles on it. It sat at the dealer for 5 days to get it replaced.

OP
OP

tjd2003

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got my JTD back from the dealer the other day. The windshield washer pump was already broken with less than 500 miles on it. It sat at the dealer for 5 days to get it replaced.
Monday will be three weeks it’s been at the dealership. According to the advisor they had to take the cab off to get the turbo replaced. She says the tech is in the process of putting it back together.

Deleted member 22728

Mine attempted to launch missiles on the way home from the selling dealer; anti-sway disconnect, ESP, etc. all went off-line. Restart and all ok for a few minutes. Got it in my shop, logged-on to the network, and the usual network related communication PID's were everywhere. Pulled the CAN C diagram, found that each system had a common interconnect at (I've forgotten the item code) what is basically a large clamshell-clamping connector located at the right front shock tower, just inside the splash shield. It had not been completely closed and secured at assembly. Fully seated and closed the plastic bail, and viola.

OP
OP

tjd2003

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picked my truck up this afternoon after 22 days. Drove 10 miles home fine. Took it out again tonight and after about 3 miles reduced power and same lights on again. Back it goes.

Sponsored

TT32VGT

First Name
austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
sorry to hear of all the nightmares. i have a loaded 22 rubicon diesel being built.. all of these problems plus the timing belt oil leak has me scared. been waiting months.. hmm maybe ill pull out and lose the 1k deposit lol

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why wouldn't you just bring it home until the part comes in. Its just a washer pump?

Unless they gave you a 392 loaner??

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine attempted to launch missiles on the way home from the selling dealer; anti-sway disconnect, ESP, etc. all went off-line. Restart and all ok for a few minutes. Got it in my shop, logged-on to the network, and the usual network related communication PID's were everywhere. Pulled the CAN C diagram, found that each system had a common interconnect at (I've forgotten the item code) what is basically a large clamshell-clamping connector located at the right front shock tower, just inside the splash shield. It had not been completely closed and secured at assembly. Fully seated and closed the plastic bail, and viola.
There you go using logic and diagnostic skills. Don't you know that the modern flat rate system has beaten all of that kind of initiative out of dealer techs. You are a lucky man that you figured it out yoruself. Or you'd be on your 3rd turbo replacement by now.

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj, Gladiator Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Why wouldn't you just bring it home until the part comes in. Its just a washer pump?

Unless they gave you a 392 loaner??
They had to do their inspection as well to find the issue. They gave me a loaner so it was fine.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They have me a loaner so it was fine.
As long as its decent, I'd be happy putting miles on someone else's car. I've put 1500 miles on my gladiator in 20 days. ouch.
Sponsored