Sponsored

Another Weekend and the EcoDiesel Gladiator is back in the shop...

woffman5

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2021 JLU 4xe
Occupation
U.S. Navy LDO (Nuclear Power)
My high pressure pump imploded 2 weeks ago, in the shop, estimate 30 days for parts..... CP4 Is a SHITTY PUMP
30 days is a S.W.A.G. by your service manager. Mine has been at the dealer since March 8. I pulled JeepCares in immediately to assist in doing what they could. Currently, the only outstanding part is the fuel rail. Call from service advisor on Friday noted that the fuel rail OEM (I assume Bosch) can't even give FCA a build date for when fuel rails will be made, much less shipped. On a positive note, I did hear from a little birdie that the CP4.1 (fuel pump the EcoDiesel uses) may have a recall coming down. Again, rumors and conjecture until proven truthful.
Sponsored

Teqsand

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD & 22 JTRD
Occupation
Bum
30 days is a S.W.A.G. by your service manager. Mine has been at the dealer since March 8. I pulled JeepCares in immediately to assist in doing what they could. Currently, the only outstanding part is the fuel rail. Call from service advisor on Friday noted that the fuel rail OEM (I assume Bosch) can't even give FCA a build date for when fuel rails will be made, much less shipped. On a positive note, I did hear from a little birdie that the CP4.1 (fuel pump the EcoDiesel uses) may have a recall coming down. Again, rumors and conjecture until proven truthful.
I got jeep wave involved day 1, they know me well now.... I don't play nice when chrysler threatens to repo a JT I have been making all my payments on because I didn't register it, when I couldn't register it because it wouldn't pass smog from day 1....

I have a 21 JLURD also, so a pump recall would be nice... 26k on it, was down for 6 weeks for a burnt harness (tsb on that)

my dog Trigger

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon gladiator Diesel
Occupation
construction
Vehicle Showcase
well everyone Im back with an up date got the jt back after being in shop for 58 days the back skid plate was missing bolts screws and other parts damaged by the dealer you would think when they take something apart they would put the parts in one box but they don't. there are foam pieces with brackets molded in them and bolts holding them on they just ripped them off. jeep cares could give a crap have not heard from the lady in a month went to DMV dealer section small claims you'll get paid also looking into lemon law more than 30 consecitive days fuel milage down he says will get better i believe the software need to be up graded, they would not do it so far they made a mess out of the engine compartment any one who reads this do not go to invision jeep you;ll be sorry will let you know what happens more to come

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
well everyone Im back with an up date got the jt back after being in shop for 58 days the back skid plate was missing bolts screws and other parts damaged by the dealer you would think when they take something apart they would put the parts in one box but they don't. there are foam pieces with brackets molded in them and bolts holding them on they just ripped them off. jeep cares could give a crap have not heard from the lady in a month went to DMV dealer section small claims you'll get paid also looking into lemon law more than 30 consecitive days fuel milage down he says will get better i believe the software need to be up graded, they would not do it so far they made a mess out of the engine compartment any one who reads this do not go to invision jeep you;ll be sorry will let you know what happens more to come
Not bashing... but this was quite painful to read and understand with the single run on sentence. But I too have my gas jt in a craptastic dealer. Feel ur pain, and glad u got ur jeep back, despite the circumstances.

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current-JT Rubi Diesel,Past-Jeep JL Rubi, Ram 1500
Unfortunate to read about these issue....My Jeep is in the shop currently, was in the shop 72 days to fix the fuel pump issue that is known for these...It has been in the shop on 4 different occurrences for a total of 187 days and counting since March 16th of 2021... It is in the process of buy back...at least they provided a Ram Rebel in lieu of it.....but from someone who has had 4 jeeps since 2003 (JT, JK, JL and JT) I have lost a lot faith in Jeep with the issues faced in this Gladiator diesel...

Sponsored

my dog Trigger

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
construction
Vehicle Showcase
well back in the shop three more days for missing screws and bolts and foam pads they ripped off the engine the milage is only 21 -22 instead of 25 or more like before it died they say it will come up .well we shall see

mbrown2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current-JT Rubi Diesel,Past-Jeep JL Rubi, Ram 1500
well back in the shop three more days for missing screws and bolts and foam pads they ripped off the engine the milage is only 21 -22 instead of 25 or more like before it died they say it will come up .well we shall see
I noticed the same thing...after my fuel pump went I noticed MPG suffered......I am running 37's so used to see 18.5-19.3 to where I am lucky to see 16 now...

my dog Trigger

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
construction
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I would give an up date finally its all repaired that is parts screws and other components. looks like it did before going in the shop, ordered new windshield jeep is paying for, taking it to a different dealer. however the milage is not great its also seams like the power might be a little low cant find a dealer who has a technician to figure out the fuel system the timing in the pump or something is not what it was before. I could drive on dirt roads 20mpg now 16mpg round town 21, 22 before 25

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I realized I never posted a follow-up to this. The fuel filter cover assembly was replaced, and the system tested by their techs with no issues. I'm at about 4000 miles now, and so far the prior issues seem to have been fixed. The mpg has remained 22-24 in the city with 27-28 on the highway. I've taken a 300 mile trip with my trailer which led us up into around 7500-8000 ft, and, again, no problems (believe me I was watching the gauges all the way). The temps have been in the 90's-low 100's so I'm running air conditioning just as before, and I've gone the same places multiple times that I had been before so I can attest to the fact things seem to be better now that the item has been replaced. I'm convinced all the issues I was having stemmed from the fuel filter cover - whether it was too much air, or fuel, being "seen" by the sensors who knows.
Im interested on what you are doing to get 27-28 mpg on the highway. I have tried everything short of running at 65-70 on the interstate which will get me killed due to everyone else is doing at least 75 or more including the 18 wheelers. I have never gotten more than around 25 with an average of 23-24. Just asking because maybe there is something wrong with my PCM or ECM or whatever they are calling it these days.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Im interested on what you are doing to get 27-28 mpg on the highway. I have tried everything short of running at 65-70 on the interstate which will get me killed due to everyone else is doing at least 75 or more including the 18 wheelers. I have never gotten more than around 25 with an average of 23-24. Just asking because maybe there is something wrong with my PCM or EDM or whatever they are calling it these days.
I've noticed that MPG's vary GREATLY depending on a lot of factors. Wind, traffic, road condition, your jeep set up, etc etc. What I have seen for the most part is the people doing mid 20's are usually on stock wheels, going 55-65. Only way possible. For reference, my 21 JTRD gets 18mpg with mix of highway(75-85mph) and city. Around where I'm at, my mpg's suffer on the highway but I live in a very windy, isolated area. When I drive on the interstate with traffic around me, I gain about 2mpg.

=Jason-

BlueScapegoat

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I've noticed that MPG's vary GREATLY depending on a lot of factors. Wind, traffic, road condition, your jeep set up, etc etc.
Kind of off topic, but...

nobody gives wind enough consideration... A 10 mph breezy headwind is obviously like driving 10 mph faster in terms of aerodynamic drag. And a crosswind, although not nearly as bad, is still additional drag.

The difference a head or tail wind can make on fuel consumption over the course of a trip is huge, even when it's not enough that you consciously notice it. Which is easy with modern vehicles and the power reserve at highway speed.

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd, 2021 JT Sport S Diesel
I've noticed that MPG's vary GREATLY depending on a lot of factors. Wind, traffic, road condition, your jeep set up, etc etc. What I have seen for the most part is the people doing mid 20's are usually on stock wheels, going 55-65. Only way possible. For reference, my 21 JTRD gets 18mpg with mix of highway(75-85mph) and city. Around where I'm at, my mpg's suffer on the highway but I live in a very windy, isolated area. When I drive on the interstate with traffic around me, I gain about 2mpg.

=Jason-
Disagree on the speed component, specifically having to drive below 65 to get in the high 20s on the interstate, in my normal interstate driving I go between 70-75 around 80% of the time, when not passing or slowing for traffic. My mix of highway to city miles is about 70/30 and below is my last 4 months of Fuelly calc mpg, no towing or heavy hauling in this time period. I do agree on the truck setup, wind conditions, and elevation/topography being big factors; although I think the same is true for any engine, maybe to varying degrees, the harder it has to work the lower your mpg.

Jeep Gladiator Another Weekend and the EcoDiesel Gladiator is back in the shop... 2B77A189-3DDD-4122-A522-C9B0E7D2A7EC

OP
OP

Cobblecrazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Im interested on what you are doing to get 27-28 mpg on the highway. I have tried everything short of running at 65-70 on the interstate which will get me killed due to everyone else is doing at least 75 or more including the 18 wheelers. I have never gotten more than around 25 with an average of 23-24. Just asking because maybe there is something wrong with my PCM or ECM or whatever they are calling it these days.
Some of my driving has been on 2 lane highways where the speed limit is 55, so in keeping with the flow of traffic you are between 55 and low 60's. This seems to be the "sweet spot" for the EcoDiesel (55-62 specifically). On the freeway, much of my driving is up in the mountains with some twists and turns that keep the average speed down (not to mention it's a stretch that is pretty highly worked by highway patrol). On a short 50 mile freeway drive (with a short section of 55 mph 4 lane rural road) I actually got 29.9, but that was almost perfect weather conditions.

LOGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon
Disagree on the speed component, specifically having to drive below 65 to get in the high 20s on the interstate, in my normal interstate driving I go between 70-75 around 80% of the time, when not passing or slowing for traffic. My mix of highway to city miles is about 70/30 and below is my last 4 months of Fuelly calc mpg, no towing or heavy hauling in this time period. I do agree on the truck setup, wind conditions, and elevation/topography being big factors; although I think the same is true for any engine, maybe to varying degrees, the harder it has to work the lower your mpg.
You are getting that on what, stock tires? I have very heavy 38's so there's the difference. The thing is I would say the majority of JT owners end up increasing their tire size. Hell the thing was designed with bigger tires in mind.
Sponsored