Sponsored

Another Weekend and the EcoDiesel Gladiator is back in the shop...

KW80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pacifica Hybrid Ltd, 2021 JT Sport S Diesel
You are getting that on what, stock tires? I have very heavy 38's so there's the difference. The thing is I would say the majority of JT owners end up increasing their tire size. Hell the thing was designed with bigger tires in mind.
285/70/17 KO2s. In so many words you stated that to get advertised MPG you have to be completely stock and drive like a grandma, below 65. My experience and many others I have read don’t agree with your observation. If you want/need heavy 38s or other significant weight or aero detrimental mods, you pay the mpg penalty, simple as that. Doesn’t mean people with more stock configurations are coasting down hill both ways.
Sponsored

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I posted this on another thread, but this past Sunday I did a fairly long interstate run from Kingston Tn. to the Augusta Ga. area. Keep the speed on the cruise as much as I could with traffic, kept it consistent @77-78mph with 2000rpm (diesel), of course several times traffic idiots or tie ups skewed it slightly. I managed to show an average of 25.4 for the trip (about 400 miles). So I guess thats not too bad and is prob whats to be expected. Not driving like grandma or anything, real world on the interstate numbers.

Azriel62

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Dodge dually, 05 Toyota Sequoia, 49 power wagon
Occupation
Retired
Disagree on the speed component, specifically having to drive below 65 to get in the high 20s on the interstate, in my normal interstate driving I go between 70-75 around 80% of the time, when not passing or slowing for traffic. My mix of highway to city miles is about 70/30 and below is my last 4 months of Fuelly calc mpg, no towing or heavy hauling in this time period. I do agree on the truck setup, wind conditions, and elevation/topography being big factors; although I think the same is true for any engine, maybe to varying degrees, the harder it has to work the lower your mpg.

2B77A189-3DDD-4122-A522-C9B0E7D2A7EC.png
What app are you using?

OP
OP

Cobblecrazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I've run the Goodyear Duratrac 35x12.5x17's. Their listed weight was within about four pounds heavier that the stock Falken Wildpeak M/T (I think it was 66 lbs compared to 62), and I've had good luck with performance and longevity on several vehicles.

Mike-len

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
HVAC
Disagree on the speed component, specifically having to drive below 65 to get in the high 20s on the interstate, in my normal interstate driving I go between 70-75 around 80% of the time, when not passing or slowing for traffic. My mix of highway to city miles is about 70/30 and below is my last 4 months of Fuelly calc mpg, no towing or heavy hauling in this time period. I do agree on the truck setup, wind conditions, and elevation/topography being big factors; although I think the same is true for any engine, maybe to varying degrees, the harder it has to work the lower your mpg.

2B77A189-3DDD-4122-A522-C9B0E7D2A7EC.png
What is this that you’re using to track the fuelup and mileage?
Sponsored