First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj, Gladiator Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Hey everyone. Just got my eco diesel California edition JT! Going to do a mild build as it will be my daily driver and I have a Tj that I beat up on. First mod is some take-off Mojave wheels and tires. What do you guys think?

IMG_8210.JPG

IMG_8223.JPG
Sponsored

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Hey everyone. Just got my eco diesel California edition JT! Going to do a mild build as it will be my daily driver and I have a Tj that I beat up on. First mod is some take-off Mojave wheels and tires. What do you guys think?

Jeep Gladiator New ecodiesel California edition build IMG_8223.JPG

That’s a shinny black grill. must be different than the optional matte black grill.

OP
OP
kilroy173

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That’s a shinny black grill. must be different than the optional matte black grill.
Ya its the grill that comes on the California edition. Also has some gloss black interior accents.

Shawnu22

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Project Manager

That looks nice, those are Mojave wheel? What size tires?

OP
OP
kilroy173

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That looks nice, those are Mojave wheel? What size tires?
Ya, they are the stock wheels and tires that come on the Mojave. 285/70R17 Have them set at 35 psi right now and they seem fine around the street. Still need to figure out how to reset the TPMS system.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kilroy173

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Just threw on some Rubicon rock sliders. Got them for cheap and they'll do for now. Planning on eventually getting the Rock Hard sliders but they seem to be hard to find right now.

IMG_8224.JPG

Shawnu22

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Project Manager
Ya, they are the stock wheels and tires that come on the Mojave. 285/70R17 Have them set at 35 psi right now and they seem fine around the street. Still need to figure out how to reset the TPMS system.
Thanks!

OP
OP
kilroy173

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Im a little annoyed. Went to measure my tires to calculate my tazer and the fronts only measure 31.75 and the rears 32 inches. Could be that the previous owner put more miles on them than they said or maybe the extra weight of the eco diesel is causing it. Any ideas?

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2019 JLUR
Im a little annoyed. Went to measure my tires to calculate my tazer and the fronts only measure 31.75 and the rears 32 inches. Could be that the previous owner put more miles on them than they said or maybe the extra weight of the eco diesel is causing it. Any ideas?
that diesel weighs quite a bit more than either gas motor. I run my fronts approximately 2 psi higher than the rears.

OP
OP
kilroy173

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
that diesel weighs quite a bit more than either gas motor. I run my fronts approximately 2 psi higher than the rears.
I increased the front PSI from 35 to 37 and remeasured. I did notice a slight difference but not much. The new tires are so close to the stock ones that the speedo is only 1 maybe 2 mph off

Sponsored

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Wtf is a California edition diesel???? I thought we all got the castrated edition due to the epa/carb hammer ?? Did it come with a 2nd dpf ? 4 cats a 5 gallon fuel tank and 19 gallons of def?? I’m just kidding, nice ride. And the tire difference is almost 100% the weight of the diesel.

OP
OP
kilroy173

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Wtf is a California edition diesel???? I thought we all got the castrated edition due to the epa/carb hammer ?? Did it come with a 2nd dpf ? 4 cats a 5 gallon fuel tank and 19 gallons of def?? I’m just kidding, nice ride. And the tire difference is almost 100% the weight of the diesel.
Im surprised they even sell them here haha. Made sure to get one as I don't think Jeep will be making them for very long.

OP
OP
kilroy173

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hey everyone, quick update. I took the truck through 2n02 and 2n01 in big bear this weekend to break it in. If anyone knows those trails, they are not much more than fire roads. I was disappointed how bad the front was bottoming out. I ordered some 3/4 inch daystar front spacers, metalcloak extended bump stops, and some rubicon take off springs and shocks. Hopefully this will help with the bottoming out of the front suspension. Ill post an update when i get the parts installed.

OP
OP
kilroy173

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
On a side note, I already had to take the jeep into the dealer because the windshield washer fluid does not spray. I know it could be something as easy as a fuse but ill let the dealer take care of it as it only has 800 miles on it.

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Looks good!

If your truck was built after June 15th 2021 and the Mojave was built before that, the TPMS sensors are incompatible. Many of us found out the hard way (myself included).

I’d avoid alternating PSI for height normalization. The engine weighs about 400lbs more and tires rarely, once loaded, measure out to manufacturers spec. For instance, most 35s are lucky to hit 34” once mounted. The 3/4” spacers and rubi springs won’t address the bottoming out issue fully. Commit to a 2” spacer only or proper springs. Diesel here as well and the AEV spacer kit, although more than typical spacer kits, is well thought out and will address it. I ran it for 10k miles, loved it but once armor, winch etc. went on I lost an inch and moved onto springs. Another option is the Mopar 2” lift. By far this has been the turnkey fix for the bottoming out issue while providing a healthy bump in lift.
Sponsored