First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 / 2015 Mustang / 2016 Camaro
These may be the most expensive Headlight option on the market. Are they really worth the extra $370 over the Oracle Bi-LED headlights. Heck they are $200 more than the colorshift lights with the Bluetooth controller.
Hey there!

While other options on the market might include additional features such as color shifting.

Our Elite and Elite Max headlamps were designed to be the highest performance and quality option on the market designed, engineered, tested, and assembled right here in St.Louis MO.

Currently, the OEM Jeep LED headlights offer the best beam pattern and intensity until our lamps hit the market providing a 30% increase in output intensity.

If you have any specific questions, we'll be more than happy to help!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics Image_20230127_154311_990

Our production team is hard at work cranking out more units to be shipped.

Thank you all for your patience and support!

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
I just got my @Diode Dynamics Elite Max headlights installed late last night and I apologize for the not so awesome pics (6 degrees and flurries) Installation was straight forward and I do recommend accessing the OEM blinker harness by pulling back the inner fender liner. Taking the extra 10 minutes to remove the front wheel (just do one side at a time with a jack/stand), (2) tree clips at the bottom edge of the liner and a single 10mm bolt towards the top of the liner makes life easier and provides plenty of access for your hands.

Beam pattern is SO MUCH more evenly distributed and wider than my previous Oracle Oculus'. There's still a nice blue banding at the top of the cutoff for those that care :) The welcome/start-up sequence of the lights is a nice touch and is not overly drawn out or obnoxious by any means. The turn signal halos and bars are super bright and will work perfectly when I get my Nemesis flares installed. The hi-beams are really bright and throw light WAYYY down the road without loosing the low beam spread. The off-road lights on the Max are a nifty touch and scatter light in a more hi-beam like pattern. They're going to be good in the woods for me just to provide a nice flood of light. I think of them like a flood light lens on a Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport pod. I could see myself turning off the low beams in the woods to get rid of the cutoff line line of the headlights and just using the off-road lights and my pods to light the way.

Much much more testing to come of course!

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 1675094224254

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 1675094257682

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 1675094314043

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 1675094368983
Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 1675094341463

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
For far better warranty and customer service alone, yes. Colorshift to me is a gimmick, and I'm personally not a fan of the transformer "eye" look of the Oracle ones. Not to mention the added functionality these have on the "Max" version. Personally, I just want the base version but even those I'd gladly spend a bit more to buy from Diode Dynamics.
I can't agree about the customer service at this point. Pre-ordered on Nov 28th. They charged my card on Nov 28th saying "shipping in december" then on the very last working day in december they said "shipping in 2-3 weeks". Then at the very last day of that 3 week window they said "shipping in 1-2 weeks"... Well the end of that 2 week window is tomorrow.

Good customer service would have created some sort of weekly production update email keeping those of us who keep getting strung along in the loop rather than chasing answers.

That being said, their reputation for quality is widespread, so whenever these headlights do show up (assuming it's some time before the heatdeath of the universe) i'll be happy to install them.

And their 8 year warranty is to my knowledge best in industry and head and shoulders above 2nd place.

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
I just got my @Diode Dynamics Elite Max headlights installed late last night and I apologize for the not so awesome pics (6 degrees and flurries) Installation was straight forward and I do recommend accessing the OEM blinker harness by pulling back the inner fender liner. Taking the extra 10 minutes to remove the front wheel (just do one side at a time with a jack/stand), (2) tree clips at the bottom edge of the liner and a single 10mm bolt towards the top of the liner makes life easier and provides plenty of access for your hands.

Beam pattern is SO MUCH more evenly distributed and wider than my previous Oracle Oculus'. There's still a nice blue banding at the top of the cutoff for those that care :) The welcome/start-up sequence of the lights is a nice touch and is not overly drawn out or obnoxious by any means. The turn signal halos and bars are super bright and will work perfectly when I get my Nemesis flares installed. The hi-beams are really bright and throw light WAYYY down the road without loosing the low beam spread. The off-road lights on the Max are a nifty touch and scatter light in a more hi-beam like pattern. They're going to be good in the woods for me just to provide a nice flood of light. I think of them like a flood light lens on a Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport pod. I could see myself turning off the low beams in the woods to get rid of the cutoff line line of the headlights and just using the off-road lights and my pods to light the way.

Much much more testing to come of course!

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 1675094341463

Holy cow, those are bright!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
I can't agree about the customer service at this point. Pre-ordered on Nov 28th. They charged my card on Nov 28th saying "shipping in december" then on the very last working day in december they said "shipping in 2-3 weeks". Then at the very last day of that 3 week window they said "shipping in 1-2 weeks"... Well the end of that 2 week window is tomorrow.

Good customer service would have created some sort of weekly production update email keeping those of us who keep getting strung along in the loop rather than chasing answers.

That being said, their reputation for quality is widespread, so whenever these headlights do show up (assuming it's some time before the heatdeath of the universe) i'll be happy to install them.

And their 8 year warranty is to my knowledge best in industry and head and shoulders above 2nd place.
Good afternoon Jim!

As our social media community manager, I am truly sorry for this lack of communication and frustration with your order of Elite Series headlights.

I'll be sure to share this feedback with not only our customer service team but all departments to coordinate and provide accurate information/updates moving forward.

Your feedback is never neglected but appreciated by our team to reflect and improve our efforts to provide the best customer service in the automotive lighting industry.

Thank you for your continued support, kind words, and patience.

Direct Contact Information:
Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.
314-205-3033

Pickles85

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Grand Cherokee L
I was told several times by customer service that my headlights were going to ship last week and that never happened. If fine with that but I'm not fine underestimating how long it will actually take especially after you took my money.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
I was told several times by customer service that my headlights were going to ship last week and that never happened. If fine with that but I'm not fine underestimating how long it will actually take especially after you took my money.
I would be happy to touch base with our team, can you please send a direct message with your order number? I will look into this and provide an accurate update for you!

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Wonder how much I could sell my OEM LED head lights for???????

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
Good looking headlights! Thanks for the reviews guys.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Wonder how much I could sell my OEM LED head lights for???????
Search the Member Marketplace in this Forum... some examples but not many as I think people snatch them up quickly for the right price (i.e. less than MSRP :) )
Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 1675195410275

Jeep Gladiator NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 1675195488888
Sponsored