First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
So I build out a Gladiator just the way I want it and then change the engine to a diesel. then the options change that removes:
1. spray in bed liner
2. cold weather package
3. hard tri-fold Tonneau cover
4. hard top headliners

I get the axle gear ratio and gvw change, but why the above? Makes no sense to me.

Also, why can't you get the black satin grille with the front facing camera?
Sponsored

Professor_Chaos

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw x4, bmw 330xi, jeep Gladiator willys
Occupation
Homemaker
Changing to diesel does changes quite a bit engineering wise though I could only speculate on reasons...

As far as the camera, pissed me off I couldn't get it on my willys sport but I thought you could on the willys sport S? Has that changed? They come with the black grille...

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
So I build out a Gladiator just the way I want it and then change the engine to a diesel. then the options change that removes:
1. spray in bed liner
2. cold weather package
4. hard top headliners

I get the axle gear ratio and gvw change, but why the above? Makes no sense to me.

That's the way they are scheduling production, right now. The web configuration is close, but doesn't exactly match the dealer order process. When you sit down with the dealer to place the order, you may have to make some hard decisions about what you really want, or wait until some future date when the restrictions may change.

If the black satin grille with a camera isn't an order option, you'll have to take what they offer with a camera and then buy one and do the component swaps afterwards.

OP
OP
Rubiwoo

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employeed
I was debating on upgrading to a diesel, but I think I'll just wait.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
1. spray in bed liner - pretty sure this was ID'd elsewhere as a weight-related issue. Truck was too heavy with the liner so they stop or stopped offering it for a while

2. cold weather package - add it again. The configurator is dumb - when you change to diesel it changes your transmission choice. The package cost is related to your trans choice (cheaper with a manual, I think?). But either way, you can just reselect the package after you have chosen the powertrain you want.

3. hard tri-fold Tonneau cover - No idea.

4. hard top headliners - No idea. Both of these could be weight?

Sponsored

QuickOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
I have a 2021 JTRD that I just picked up that included the spray in bedliner, cold weather package, front cam, etc. It has everything. Built Jan 2021.

I think something is just wrong with the configurator online. Talk to the dealer.

OP
OP
Rubiwoo

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employeed
I have a 2021 JTRD that I just picked up that included the spray in bedliner, cold weather package, front cam, etc. It has everything. Built Jan 2021.

I think something is just wrong with the configurator online. Talk to the dealer.
Is it a diesel? Did you get the satin grille?

QuickOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Is it a diesel? Did you get the satin grille?
Yes, it is a diesel. No, the satin grill is the one option I didn't get as the truck is black. Dealer ordered it fully loaded (some options I could do without).

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
That's the way they are scheduling production, right now. The web configuration is close, but doesn't exactly match the dealer order process. When you sit down with the dealer to place the order, you may have to make some hard decisions about what you really want, or wait until some future date when the restrictions may change.

If the black satin grille with a camera isn't an order option, you'll have to take what they offer with a camera and then buy one and do the component swaps afterwards.
I have a used matte black grill if anyone needs to do this. Removed from my 2018 JLU as I set it back to near factory, since I am offloading it for my JTRD order. I’d let the matte black grill go for a decent price+shipping. Has some minor rock strikes, but was protected by the winch some. I hear the grill inserts can be swapped.

TommyGp

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 EcoDiesel Rubicon
Occupation
at a job
1. spray in bed liner
2. cold weather package
4. hard top headliners

It's a glitch in the matrix. I had those issues when I built mine. I found that if you scroll down and elect the engine first, you can get all of the other option (except for the obvious ones that aren't available on diesels).

I built, ordered, and bought a '21 JTRD with cold weather package. I didn't select the bed liner, tonneau or headliners, but they were available. I just opted for aftermarket on those.
Sponsored