Sponsored

Cshadow2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting grey sport S JT
you can buld a diesel willys wrangler on the website so I would suspect you should be able to do the same if they do a gladiator willys. No leather in the wrangler willys. I am not a fan of the body color fenders, which is not an option on the wrangler willys. l really like the grill and the rims/tires tires. I may just do that to mine and Call it good.
Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
No link, confirmed with my dealer that these trim levels will be offered very soon. From what they were told it sounds like a late August early September update to order options.
I was about to start down the order process on a Sport S w/ my local dealer but when I mentioned Willys soon he said "Let's check on the Willys next week." so... I hope there is something to check on, I don't want to wait another month to start the order... that's just that much farther out.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
I was about to start down the order process on a Sport S w/ my local dealer but when I mentioned Willys soon he said "Let's check on the Willys next week." so... I hope there is something to check on, I don't want to wait another month to start the order... that's just that much farther out.
Dang, that would be sooner than what my dealer expected!

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Dang, that would be sooner than what my dealer expected!
Well, he didn't confirm it'd be on the list next week... so I'm just hoping. Don't worry, as soon as Jay posts it here then I'll be updating my spreadsheet and calling my dealer. If we can order it next week then I'll post here... I sure hope it is next week and that it isn't a total crap package (omitting the stuff I really want.)

PS. Just signed up for TreadLightly... gotta make sure that's all set up in time. =oP

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I just got a text from my dealer... "Gladiator Willys is open to order"

@JAY how soon can you get ahold of the new order sheet? I have a spreadsheet to update. (c:

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I posted in the Order Form thread, but will re-state it here.

My Dealer sent me a phone shot of an order with all options selected (Willys Sport and Willys.) They ARE available to order today.

The bad?
- no Max-Tow (so no 4:10, no wide axles, no HD brakes)

The Good?
- black grill
- overland bumper w/ glossy black
- heavy duty red shocks (front/rear)
- black aluminum wheels
-- 255/75/17 tires (32" ... make/model unspecified)
- Willys/4 Wheel Drive/Black "trail rated" badging
- trac-lok (limited slip)

Looks to be the popular equipment package (-hard top) + cosmetics + beefy shocks for $5k.

I don't see anything that suggests Rubicon Rock rails, not sure how they'd be listed.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I posted in the Order Form thread, but will re-state it here.

My Dealer sent me a phone shot of an order with all options selected (Willys Sport and Willys.) They ARE available to order today.

The bad?
- no Max-Tow (so no 4:10, no wide axles, no HD brakes)

The Good?
- black grill
- overland bumper w/ glossy black
- heavy duty red shocks (front/rear)
- black aluminum wheels
-- 255/75/17 tires (32" ... make/model unspecified)
- Willys/4 Wheel Drive/Black "trail rated" badging
- trac-lok (limited slip)

Looks to be the popular equipment package (-hard top) + cosmetics + beefy shocks for $5k.

I don't see anything that suggests Rubicon Rock rails, not sure how they'd be listed.
So isn't that kind of just like a overland with a few tweeks

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
So isn't that kind of just like a overland with a few tweeks
It's got the same base as a Sport... but yah all of these "models" come by adding some stickers and tweaking some settings. I'm going to order a Sport S on Monday. The badging and wheels isn't enough for me to get excited for this.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's got the same base as a Sport... but yah all of these "models" come by adding some stickers and tweaking some settings. I'm going to order a Sport S on Monday. The badging and wheels isn't enough for me to get excited for this.
Yep heck I got the Sport S but have started with the mods little by little. Keeping some Sport S and adding some cheap Rubi Take off stuff I think would improve it.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Yep heck I got the Sport S but have started with the mods little by little. Keeping some Sport S and adding some cheap Rubi Take off stuff I think would improve it.
Bang for the buck, It's really hard to not go Max Tow Sport S. I keep trying to talk myself up to a Mojave... but a solid $5k difference is hard for me to justify, whether I can afford it or not.

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep should have made the Willy's version an off-road package. Bare bones and ready to hit trail.
Base Sport with 4:10 gears, SB disconnect and lockers. 2" lift. BLACK fenders.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bang for the buck, It's really hard to not go Max Tow Sport S. I keep trying to talk myself up to a Mojave... but a solid $5k difference is hard for me to justify, whether I can afford it or not.
I could have gone up to Rubicon and Mojave but that would have meant a note that I would have difficulty paying each month for way overkill for my needs. I went low where I am comfortable with my note each month and had some money left over to play with on other things I wanted. Now I will just pick up cheap Rubi take offs If I think its something I want to change that might make things better like the Rubicon Shocks and front springs. The Rubicon suspension stuff I bought has a bunch of other items but not sure if changing them would be a major difference and I am not worth a damn with a wrench and a bum arm so only certain things I am willing to tackle. Don't even talk about electrical stuff (LOL)

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I could have gone up to Rubicon and Mojave but that would have meant a note that I would have difficulty paying each month for way overkill for my needs. I went low where I am comfortable with my note each month and had some money left over to play with on other things I wanted. Now I will just pick up cheap Rubi take offs If I think its something I want to change that might make things better like the Rubicon Shocks and front springs. The Rubicon suspension stuff I bought has a bunch of other items but not sure if changing them would be a major difference and I am not worth a damn with a wrench and a bum arm so only certain things I am willing to tackle. Don't even talk about electrical stuff (LOL)
Welp, JT Sport S (2021 version of my signature) ordered. 8-12 weeks of wait now.
Sponsored