Sponsored

No-drill limb risers?

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I'm looking for a solution to attach limb risers on my truck without drilling into the a-pillar to attach them on the topside. Does anyone know of a bracket (maybe for a roof rack?) that clamps onto the rain gutter of the freedom panels? My truck doesn't have a light bar or roof rack to tie them onto, and I don't have any plans to add one. The goal here is to temporarily attach the risers during trips where I need them while keeping a somewhat stock appearance the rest of the time.
Sponsored

TaylorWoodham

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Can probably work something up between something temp mounted to the rain gutter and the hood latch hardware.

OP
OP

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Can probably work something up between something temp mounted to the rain gutter and the hood latch hardware.
That's what I'm hoping for. Just need to figure out the rain gutter portion without starting from scratch

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I looked a year ago with no luck. All I found were lightbar mounts to match angry grilles.
Maybe look for non-Gladiator Jeeps.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
I looked a year ago with no luck. All I found were lightbar mounts to match angry grilles.
Maybe look for non-Gladiator Jeeps.
Thats typically what you do. you attach them to a lightbar mount. Thats how i did it on my 2015.

Sponsored

Mayhem 6

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR; 2020 JLUR; 2015 JKW; 2016 JKUR (Sold); 2014 JKSS (Sold); 2008 JKUR (Sold)
Lightbar mounts may be your best bet...and you could always paint them to match to keep it lower profile (and added A-pillar protection).

It wouldn't be cable risers, but I have used paracord tied off on the hood latches, run under the top header, and tied off to the latches before as an expedient method. It worked well for that run, but not a long term solution.

OP
OP

just_another_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Lightbar mounts may be your best bet...and you could always paint them to match to keep it lower profile (and added A-pillar protection).

It wouldn't be cable risers, but I have used paracord tied off on the hood latches, run under the top header, and tied off to the latches before as an expedient method. It worked well for that run, but not a long term solution.
That's not a bad idea in a pinch, I'll keep that in mind

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy

I hired midgets once to stand on the hood and simply lift the limbs out of the way. I lost one somewhere on the trail and well.......that was the end of that.
Sponsored