Sponsored

No max tow and heated seats with Altitude ?

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
That was pretty much what I was told. My salesman said it was not allowing him to select both cold weather and black wheels. He was not sure why and asked me if I had a preference. I went with cold weather, figuring worst case I can/probably will update to new wheels anyway. He could not say what wheels I would end up with at the time and I still do not know what I am getting lol. Sucks because I really dont like the silver and was hoping to hold off on wheels for a bit. Fingers crossed for black wheels.

Interesting thing is... if you try to build a 22 Sport S online and add the black wheels, it automatically adds cold weather. Mine should be done sometime this week and am hoping to have access to the build sheet / window sticker soon to check on the wheels.
The configurator for the Altitude adds some dark almost Rubi looking wheels. I don't see anything silver for it. They def aren't the silver Sport S wheels I have (I hate those things, worst part of my truck).
Sponsored

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
The configurator for the Altitude adds some dark almost Rubi looking wheels. I don't see anything silver for it. They def aren't the silver Sport S wheels I have (I hate those things, worst part of my truck).
yeah looks like their is no silver wheel option for Altitude. Think black wheels/parts are actually what makes up the Altitude package. Although, you are right. If I add max tow to the Altitude, it changes the wheels to a grey Rubicon looking wheel. The website lets you add cold weather and max tow to the Altitude. Dealer ordering guides can be weird sometimes tho

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jimmymer

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Altitude, Ford Edge
That was pretty much what I was told. My salesman said it was not allowing him to select both cold weather and black wheels. He was not sure why and asked me if I had a preference. I went with cold weather, figuring worst case I can/probably will update to new wheels anyway. He could not say what wheels I would end up with at the time and I still do not know what I am getting lol. Sucks because I really dont like the silver and was hoping to hold off on wheels for a bit. Fingers crossed for black wheels.

Interesting thing is... if you try to build a 22 Sport S online and add the black wheels, it automatically adds cold weather. Remove cold weather and it removes the black wheels. Select cold weather first and it leaves the silver wheels. Mine should be done sometime this week and am hoping to have access to the build sheet / window sticker soon to check on the wheels.
Keep us posted, ty

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
Keep us posted, ty
Well, just got my build sheet. No issues with cold weather and max tow, but says silver wheels. FML, i hate those wheels. Guess I will be buying wheels sooner than later.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Jimmymer

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I searched available or in transit sport s online and non of the window sticker showed black wheels, with or without cold weather pack. That sucks, now i have to pick, black wheels and no max tow/cold weather on Altitude or max tow/cold weather with silver wheels on sport S. I like black wheels, but also like the wider and a bit higher looks with max tow, i think i can live with just remote start and without heated seats, but those silver wheels are ugly, damn….

Sponsored

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
I searched available or in transit sport s online and non of the window sticker showed black wheels, with or without cold weather pack. That sucks, now i have to pick, black wheels and no max tow/cold weather on Altitude or max tow/cold weather with silver wheels on sport S. I like black wheels, but also like the wider and a bit higher looks with max tow, i think i can live with just remote start and without heated seats, but those silver wheels are ugly, damn….
I really hate the silver wheels. but figure I can always add some black wheels later. Can't go back and add cold weather or max tow, so those options take priority. Maybe find some black take offs, if you dont want aftermarket wheels. I considered Mojave take offs, but think I am going with black steelies instead.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Sport S with Max Tow and the cold weather package. 2021. Not sure if they changed things but it sounds like he needs a new dealer.
You have a 2021. And if a dealer can't order it, they can't order it.
Ignore the silly build your own on the web, it's been wrong before. I've seen where the web let you the customer do something that wasn't possible, or the web site told the customer it wasn't possible but the dealer could. They are maintained by different people for different purposes and things constantly change. Can't compare a 2021 to a 22 either.
And a Sport S with max tow isn't a Sport with Altitude package. At times packages preclude ordering other combinations.

pretzelday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I really hate the silver wheels. but figure I can always add some black wheels later. Can't go back and add cold weather or max tow, so those options take priority. Maybe find some black take offs, if you dont want aftermarket wheels. I considered Mojave take offs, but think I am going with black steelies instead.

same here, I just sent my sport s build to the dealer, if it comes with silver wheels then ill just have to find some takeoffs or something aftermarket. I can't go without cold weather package living in the northeast.

somedudeintn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I got an e-mail back from Jeep Customer Care. Another answer that isn't really an answer.

I appreciate the time and effort taken to contact the Jeep Information Center.
I am currently showing that Max Tow & Cold Weather Group are both available for order on the 2022 Jeep Gladiator Altitude.
Due to both contractual dealer agreements, and in many cases state statutes, vehicles cannot be ordered via the Internet or telephone directly from Stellantis or the factory. All orders must be placed and delivered through a franchised Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram dealership or FIAT Studio. I would recommend continuing to work with your preferred dealership regarding placing an order for your desired vehicle.
Thank you for your interest in the Jeep lineup. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us at 1-877-426-5337
Sincerely,
Michael
Jeep Information Center

somedudeintn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Has anyone else heard any updates on this? I'm really trying to figure out if this is a combination that will be available at some point. I am fine waiting in that case, but if I can get confirmation that it will not be available I'd pull the trigger on a Sport S Max Tow build.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jimmymer

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone else heard any updates on this? I'm really trying to figure out if this is a combination that will be available at some point. I am fine waiting in that case, but if I can get confirmation that it will not be available I'd pull the trigger on a Sport S Max Tow build.
Hi, i just ordered. The thing is you can get cold weather pack and max tow with silver wheels no problem, you can’t get black wheels and cold weather together, I picked black wheels with max tow, can live with just remote start. Good luck.

somedudeintn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Hi, i just ordered. The thing is you can get cold weather pack and max tow with silver wheels no problem, you can’t get black wheels and cold weather together, I picked black wheels with max tow, can live with just remote start. Good luck.
Thanks for the info. Are you saying you were able to order the Altitude Trim with Max Tow? If that option is available I may just order and skip out on the Cold Weather Package.

OP
OP

Jimmymer

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info. Are you saying you were able to order the Altitude Trim with Max Tow? If that option is available I may just order and skip out on the Cold Weather Package.
No, no max tow option for Altitude for now.
Sponsored