Sponsored

No money wifey said hold off stock gladiator no mods help!!

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
@TheHomer, no need to spend money on disco's, unless you will be off-road many many times per year. Remember, you are on a budget, save for tires. I'm going to Drummond Island this weekend and hitting Marble Head. My disco's are an 18mm socket and an 18mm wrench. Zip tie the link up to the sway bar and out of the way.
Jeep Gladiator No money wifey said hold off stock gladiator no mods help!! IMG_20200725_140854610_HDR
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
How the 35s vs 33s or34s gas mileage wise (negligible)? this is my daily driver .
My mileage went up, but I didn't have much of a base on the stock tires (less then 1 full tank). The Kenda's because of how narrow are supposed to be pretty efficient per the folks running them in the long thread about them here.

OP
OP

TheHomer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
stuck in a cubicle
U can have a blast with it just as it is. You should see the stock Wranglers around here that go down through the river areas. That's part of it - take it home and enjoy as it is. Part of the mods are for show anyway, not necessary in most of the stuff most folks do.
my wife would like you lol.

OP
OP

TheHomer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
stuck in a cubicle
@TheHomer, no need to spend money on disco's, unless you will be off-road many many times per year. Remember, you are on a budget, save for tires. I'm going to Drummond Island this weekend and hitting Marble Head. My disco's are an 18mm socket and an 18mm wrench. Zip tie the link up to the sway bar and out of the way.
Jeep Gladiator No money wifey said hold off stock gladiator no mods help!! IMG_20200725_140854610_HDR
Ok list:
Tires

Then I should be good to go
Of course download some recommended apps.

that is not too bad considering what others have done

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If you see a modded Jeep around here, it's purely for manly show. No other reasons. We don't have the sort of trails or areas that "require" 35 or 37" tires and 3" lifts. All show. There's a highly modified Wrangler for sale a few miles from me - heck of a lift, huge tires, stupid looking grill, and I'd bet real money it's never been off the county roads - and in Polk County, Iowa - all roads are hard surface.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TheHomer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
stuck in a cubicle
If you see a modded Jeep around here, it's purely for manly show. No other reasons. We don't have the sort of trails or areas that "require" 35 or 37" tires and 3" lifts. All show. There's a highly modified Wrangler for sale a few miles from me - heck of a lift, huge tires, stupid looking grill, and I'd bet real money it's never been off the county roads - and in Polk County, Iowa - all roads are hard surface.
I was wondering if jeep stamps it “ trail rated” why go out and do much seconds after you leave the dealer. I see it’s more a preference than a necessity

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering if jeep stamps it “ trail rated” why go out and do much seconds after you leave the dealer. I see it’s more a preference than a necessity
Some of both.. What part of Nevada you in. Terrain is quite different southern to northern (vegas native living north of nothern nevada now)

OP
OP

TheHomer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
stuck in a cubicle
Some of both.. What part of Nevada you in. Terrain is quite different southern to northern (vegas native living north of nothern nevada now)
north west area been out since January (Utah before)

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
north west area been out since January (Utah before)
Right on.. Lots of good terrain up there. Going to definitely want something that handles the snow well too.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TheHomer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
stuck in a cubicle
Right on.. Lots of good terrain up there. Going to definitely want something that handles the snow well too.
mph I mean I live in Vegas but in the NW area centennial

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
mph I mean I live in Vegas but in the NW area centennial
Oh Yeah quite the difference between Vegas & Northern Nevada..

Speedometer will be off of course without a calibration. For down there a good AT is enough if your not trying to get out crawling.

Jeep Gladiator No money wifey said hold off stock gladiator no mods help!! 1596248628928

OP
OP

TheHomer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
stuck in a cubicle
Oh Yeah quite the difference between Vegas & Northern Nevada..

Speedometer will be off of course without a calibration. For down there a good AT is enough if your not trying to get out crawling.

Jeep Gladiator No money wifey said hold off stock gladiator no mods help!! 1596248628928
Thanks just looking to get it equipped for some over landing trips with the wife and dog