Sponsored

No money wifey said hold off stock gladiator no mods help!!

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have a work vehicle, so my wife has been in my JT all week.....I guess the proper term is “OUR” JT haha.....She lets me mod the Jeep while still keeping me in check. She’s a pretty good one. I’ll keep her. :LOL:
Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
I'm afraid I'm running out of parts storage, need to enclose the shop's lean-to next, maybe sell my WJ. I've started giving some smaller parts away to those who need them for restorations.......
30x36 and 15' ceilings and I'm almost to the top.
She's taken over both spare bedrooms for her quilting and craft stuff, took over the lower level family room with her huge sewing table and another room for her 12' long quilting machine.
I can see we have a similar problem :)

Unfortunately, there is no garage is the world that is large enough!!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I can see we have a similar problem :)

Unfortunately, there is no garage is the world that is large enough!!
Too true. Original garage was 27x27. Had to have space for my antique engine collection and antique tractor. Solution - add 16' onto end of garage and make it taller for a loft for storage.
Ran out of space, got another car, solution? Another garage/shop. My wife wanted a barn, I wanted a shop/garage and not have to put my woodworking stuff away every night to put a car inside. Solution - big building with a 2nd story for my woodworking projects and tools (and no excuse to not make things for her)
Now it's all full - solution - enclose the lean-to that we had as part of the shop building when we had a camper and boat.
Hmmm, but it's already full with overflow out in the drive.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Too true. Original garage was 27x27.........

........Now it's all full - solution - enclose the lean-to that we had as part of the shop building when we had a camper and boat.
Hmmm, but it's already full with overflow out in the drive.
We built another 24x 30 garage with a 12' ceiling and a front loft area to add an oversized lift and store more cars/parts/toys.

Since that filled so quickly, we added an enclosed trailer next to the garage to use as another enclosed parking spot. However, the neighbors fence leaves only 18" on the side of the trailer once we get it in and not enough room to get a truck out after pulling the trailer front in.

So.... then we bought an airline tug to pull the trailer in and scoot around the back of the garage.

Then came the next problem... the tug is so nice we didn't want to leave it outside so we had to make space in the garage.

But, the biggest problem is that the property is too small to add another building.
Maybe its time to move.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The reason you don’t see many unmodded Sport S Gladiators is that you bought the best bang for the buck Jeep. Congratulations! You can make significant mods and still come in well under the price of a Rubicon. That said, many people have pointed out the significant capabilities of the stock set up, so enjoy!

As for the wife, I operate on the very sound principle that what she doesn’t know won’t piss her off. Plus, she gets her hair done once a month. Each hair appointment is one 37” tire. Each mani/pedi (yes I just clipped a corner off my man card for knowing what that is) is a spot or flood light. Her facial, scrub, laser, abrasion, Brazilian, mumbo jumbo was a lift and winch. She fixes herself, I fix my Jeep. It keeps balance in the world.

I also bought my bed tent and bed mattress so I have somewhere to sleep when she discovers my strategy.
The way I see it is...

You spend whatever you need to, to ensure that she feels sexy and wants to ride you, as much as you want to ride the trails. That way both itches get scratched, nobody strays or feels neglected, and everyone is satisfied with the outcome. :like:

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah and I paid good money for her!
Slavic mail order, or trophy wife? :CWL:

I have a soft spot for the Slavic women...Their sexy accents get me harder than a diamond in an ice storm...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Then came the next problem... the tug is so nice we didn't want to leave it outside so we had to make space in the garage.
Are we still talking about storage? :CWL:

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I love seeing everything everyone here does to their builds, but for me, its my first Jeep, my first truck, and first off road vehicle. I'm gonna grow with it as I'm a total noob and have no choice. I financed the vehicle for 3 years and I figure that'll be the lifespan of the stock tires anyway so I'll upgrade then or maybe look for some Rubicon or Overland take offs, think a takeoff Mojave suspension would be cool find, don't know how many people will swap them out...

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
The reason you don’t see many unmodded Sport S Gladiators is that you bought the best bang for the buck Jeep. Congratulations! You can make significant mods and still come in well under the price of a Rubicon. That said, many people have pointed out the significant capabilities of the stock set up, so enjoy!

As for the wife, I operate on the very sound principle that what she doesn’t know won’t piss her off. Plus, she gets her hair done once a month. Each hair appointment is one 37” tire. Each mani/pedi (yes I just clipped a corner off my man card for knowing what that is) is a spot or flood light. Her facial, scrub, laser, abrasion, Brazilian, mumbo jumbo was a lift and winch. She fixes herself, I fix my Jeep. It keeps balance in the world.

I also bought my bed tent and bed mattress so I have somewhere to sleep when she discovers my strategy.
I like the way you think (what she doesn't know won't piss her off). My friend bought the house across the street and he is the one that got me into off-roading and Jeeps (I used to road race). We have another theory here, we just tell them we needed to get something because "Its a safety issue". I'm sure our wives are on to us, but its our go to excuse for upgrades.

96in85

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Self employed
Pretty damn trail ready. Should you do the Rubicon in it? No. But for your general hooligan behavior I would say yes. I will say the BEST mod you can do is tires. I put 33s on mine. M/T. Big improvement aesthetically and great off road. Sway bar disconnects are like $160.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/jks-man...ker-disconnects-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt

Will let you flex out over hard stuff.
But man, you will have fun with it stock. Just pick good lines and go slow. Air down a bit. Stay in your comfort zone or below. Scout trails. Bring a buddy.
In the same boat. Did you change your wheels? Mine are the stock aluminum wheels.

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I used my stock wheels. I'm running 33s. You can run 35s with no lift. I chose 33s as I am not a max tow and do not have a 4:10 rear end. Though you should be fine if you do go to 35s. PM me for pics. I have posted them a bunch.

In the same boat. Did you change your wheels? Mine are the stock aluminum wheels.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
How the 35s vs 33s or34s gas mileage wise (negligible)? this is my daily driver .
I have 35's on my Rubicon with 4.10 gears and average 11.9 MPG according to the dash display. If you have the numerically low stock gears you will notice a difference in both MPG and power if you go to 35s and don't regear to 4.56 or 4.88s

As for stock rims, I am pretty sure you will need wheel spacers but I think you will find that the narrow stock rims are not considered safe for 35x12.50 tires.

OP
OP

TheHomer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
stuck in a cubicle
I have 35's on my Rubicon with 4.10 gears and average 11.9 MPG according to the dash display. If you have the numerically low stock gears you will notice a difference in both MPG and power if you go to 35s and don't regear to 4.56 or 4.88s

As for stock rims, I am pretty sure you will need wheel spacers but I think you will find that the narrow stock rims are not considered safe for 35x12.50 tires.

Good to know thanks for the information.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase

Holy crap...11.9 is....bad. I average 18/20 in mine, stock gears and 37s.

As for gearing...higher numerical gears will help in town and offroad...but lower numerical gears and larger tires help on long freeway rides. Pick your poison.

I'll be taking mine to 5.13 since it has 8 gears.
Sponsored