Sponsored

No money wifey said hold off stock gladiator no mods help!!

Clendennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
now I’ve seen one lol
To be fair I didn’t get too crazy, scraped the bottom a bit in some rocks, buried the tires completely under water... a good time was had

most people there had Razors

Dirty Turtle Off-road Park in Kentucky
Sponsored

OP
OP

TheHomer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
stuck in a cubicle
To be fair I didn’t get too crazy, scraped the bottom a bit in some rocks, buried the tires completely under water... a good time was had

most people there had Razors

Dirty Turtle Off-road Park in Kentucky
I wasn’t even sure I coulddo all of what you’ve done with just stock everything

Clendennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
I wasn’t even sure I coulddo all of what you’ve done with just stock everything
My man,
I went in the water, through the mud, down a creek on rock for 100 yards, and up some dirt inclines that seriously had me worried, I’m a noob. The thing is stable. All on stock tires, no tow package, standard sport s. It’s still a Jeep. If you go to my build thread you’ll see where I started. I didn’t even air down the tires because I had no idea. Also all in 4H.
The only thing was the departure angle bit me a few times, but a higher trim Jeep won’t really help with that

a standard Jeep is a very capable machine

Clendennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
If you google “Dirty Turtle Perimeter Trail” on YouTube, I did the entire thing which means you can

Glad-inator

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Do good recon on the trails you intend to hit. I use OnX Offroad and All Trails. Youtube will have videos. For many trails you can watch a full run. I study them before I go. I stay in my comfort zone. Especially when going solo. You can do a lot with a stock Jeep and good ole common sense. You can also have a great deal of fun on a 4 or under course. I would never recommend letting the technology compensate for a lack of skill. I'm not an expert, but I still go out and have fun. Join a local Jeep club or hook up with some local Nevada people on here. I'd happily take you on adventures here in Colorado.
Perfect response. I have a stock Rubicon. Granted... I’ve got a couple of added features... but all in all- unless you’re rock climbing or going over extremely uneven terrain- you won’t use many of these. Just took her out the other day and got her good and muddy... in clay; which is very slick. We were going too quick for sway bar disconnects (18mph seems a bit slow- even off road)- but we hit some pretty decent mud holes. She did fine. Didn’t even drop it into 4 Low or engage the lockers.
Jeep Gladiator No money wifey said hold off stock gladiator no mods help!! A149C09F-3562-430C-9A52-1F693D72CFE5
Jeep Gladiator No money wifey said hold off stock gladiator no mods help!! 22AF9852-096F-4995-B183-04E7723178EA

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
I ran mine all over the UP of Michigan a few weeks ago, stock max tow sport s. Did well in sand, water to the top of tires, and mud. I hit some hunting trails and had to go around some downed trees off camber and big stump. Flexed out fine and went right through.

Last weekend I hit some overgrown twisty trails on a friend’s property and didn’t have any issues.

Take a friend with a vehicle that can help if you get stuck, get some recovery gear, even if it is just a come-a-long with tree strap.

I’ve done a lot of off reading in all sorts of off road rigs and I am very impressed with the JT’s stock ability. Watch your Ground clearance, especially that back end. You will need to pick your trail lines carefully.

Jeep Gladiator No money wifey said hold off stock gladiator no mods help!! 7108DC77-A67A-4BE1-A9F3-B0F3900B384F

Jeep Gladiator No money wifey said hold off stock gladiator no mods help!! D535165E-946F-4E61-9531-C8DDE435A282

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Just bought my sport s, so no money currently for upgrades I was wondering how trail ready is an an unmodded sport s with no Max tow...
Beware, you're on a forum filled with folks that think the Gladiator is purely a platform to lift and upgrade and modify. I recommend you drive it as it is for a while before you start throwing money at things. 33" tires will do you just fine and are much more affordable... look on Craigslist for Rubicon wheel/tires and you can get them cheaper than if you just went and bought new tires and put them on your rims. Going to 33" falken wildpeaks will be a great upgrade from stock sport s wheels.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
You should get a new wife before you mod anything on the JT, that would solve most of your Mod problems.
[/QUO
I don't know, last time I traded the old wife in it cost so much I would not have been able to keep the Gladiator. OK I guess that would eliminate doing the mods.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
The reason you don’t see many unmodded Sport S Gladiators is that you bought the best bang for the buck Jeep. Congratulations! You can make significant mods and still come in well under the price of a Rubicon. That said, many people have pointed out the significant capabilities of the stock set up, so enjoy!

As for the wife, I operate on the very sound principle that what she doesn’t know won’t piss her off. Plus, she gets her hair done once a month. Each hair appointment is one 37” tire. Each mani/pedi (yes I just clipped a corner off my man card for knowing what that is) is a spot or flood light. Her facial, scrub, laser, abrasion, Brazilian, mumbo jumbo was a lift and winch. She fixes herself, I fix my Jeep. It keeps balance in the world.

I also bought my bed tent and bed mattress so I have somewhere to sleep when she discovers my strategy.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
The reason you don’t see many unmodded Sport S Gladiators is that you bought the best bang for the buck Jeep. Congratulations! You can make significant mods and still come in well under the price of a Rubicon. That said, many people have pointed out the significant capabilities of the stock set up, so enjoy!

As for the wife, I operate on the very sound principle that what she doesn’t know won’t piss her off. Plus, she gets her hair done once a month. Each hair appointment is one 37” tire. Each mani/pedi (yes I just clipped a corner off my man card for knowing what that is) is a spot or flood light. Her facial, scrub, laser, abrasion, Brazilian, mumbo jumbo was a lift and winch. She fixes herself, I fix my Jeep. It keeps balance in the world.

I also bought my bed tent and bed mattress so I have somewhere to sleep when she discovers my strategy.
Dude, you have a high maintenance and expensive wife.

OP, man, it's ok to have finances managed with your wife rather than needing to keep secrets. Presuming your intent is to never get a divorce, honesty is the best policy.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Dude, you have a high maintenance and expensive wife.

OP, man, it's ok to have finances managed with your wife rather than needing to keep secrets. Presuming your intent is to never get a divorce, honesty is the best policy.
Yeah and I paid good money for her!

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Does the wife like going off road? If she says she doesn’t, take her ASAP and get her into it. Let her drive it off road. Once she gets the bug, it will be you telling her you can’t get the mods yet.

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
If my wife told me not to spend money on my gladiator I would tell her it’s been a good run but it’s time for us to part ways you got to go don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out