Sponsored

No money wifey said hold off stock gladiator no mods help!!

TheHomer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
stuck in a cubicle
Just bought my sport s, so no money currently for upgrades I was wondering how trail ready is an an unmodded sport s with no Max tow...
Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Pretty damn trail ready. Should you do the Rubicon in it? No. But for your general hooligan behavior I would say yes. I will say the BEST mod you can do is tires. I put 33s on mine. M/T. Big improvement aesthetically and great off road. Sway bar disconnects are like $160.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/jks-man...ker-disconnects-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt

Will let you flex out over hard stuff.
But man, you will have fun with it stock. Just pick good lines and go slow. Air down a bit. Stay in your comfort zone or below. Scout trails. Bring a buddy.

Just bought my sport s, so no money currently for upgrades I was wondering how trail ready is an an unmodded sport s with no Max tow...

OP
OP

TheHomer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
stuck in a cubicle
Pretty damn trail ready. Should you do the Rubicon in it? No. But for your general hooligan behavior I would say yes. I will say the BEST mod you can do is tires. I put 33s on mine. M/T. Big improvement aesthetically and great off road. Sway bar disconnects are like $160.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/jks-man...ker-disconnects-jeep-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt

Will let you flex out over hard stuff.
But man, you will have fun with it stock. Just pick good lines and go slow. Air down a bit. Stay in your comfort zone or below. Scout trails. Bring a buddy.

thanks for the info saving currently for some new tires hopefully the stock rims can handle some 33 or 34. Not thinking about doing any lifting (yet), sway bars are definitely next

OP
OP

TheHomer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
stuck in a cubicle
thanks for the info saving currently for some new tires hopefully the stock rims can handle some 33 or 34. Not thinking about doing any lifting (yet), sway bars are definitely next
PS - have not seen one unmodded sport s video off road... that’s I why go hmmmmmm

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
33s on stock rims. Can be done easy.

CFDD26DA-1C27-4BA8-9DA1-DFB99AE8CE8F.jpeg

Sponsored

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I have done some level 4 trails in mine with just the 33s. No big deal. I probably could have done them with the stock tires. It's about picking good lines. It's about going slow. I have some things on order. Mostly underside protection and my sway bar discos.

PS - have not seen one unmodded sport s video off road... that’s I why go hmmmmmm

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Do good recon on the trails you intend to hit. I use OnX Offroad and All Trails. Youtube will have videos. For many trails you can watch a full run. I study them before I go. I stay in my comfort zone. Especially when going solo. You can do a lot with a stock Jeep and good ole common sense. You can also have a great deal of fun on a 4 or under course. I would never recommend letting the technology compensate for a lack of skill. I'm not an expert, but I still go out and have fun. Join a local Jeep club or hook up with some local Nevada people on here. I'd happily take you on adventures here in Colorado.

I have done some level 4 trails in mine with just the 33s. No big deal. I probably could have done them with the stock tires. It's about picking good lines. It's about going slow. I have some things on order. Mostly underside protection and my sway bar discos.

OP
OP

TheHomer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
stuck in a cubicle
Nice what kinda brand tires
found some
Jeep Gladiator No money wifey said hold off stock gladiator no mods help!! {filename}

NITTO
TERRA GRAPPLER G2 around 200 33 X12.50R22 LT 109R E2 BSW

thinking it’s a good deal no spacers, lifting, or leveling needed.. right?

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I'd skip the 33's.. Get the Kenda 35/10.5r17's They should fit fine once you either trim or ditch that airdam on the backside of the front bumper (connects the bumper to the fenders). The only way I would go with 33's is if you find a good deal on Rubicon Take Off's. Otherwise I think the Kenda's are the best value for an off road tire (currently 201 bucks per tire where the 33's are 20 bucks cheaper each).

Sway bar disconnects will definitely make your life easier, but you could carry the right size wrench's & do the same thing, just more time consuming (not saying not to get the disconencts, I have the ones linked above, just that you can do the same without them).

I have a max tow & with a minimal front level (1.5" at the front only, and was only done for asthetics) and some 35's I was flat out impressed with what it would do. I wasnt able to go the same places as a modded JK of course, but I went some pretty gnarly places and came back with no sheet metal damage at all.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
U can have a blast with it just as it is. You should see the stock Wranglers around here that go down through the river areas. That's part of it - take it home and enjoy as it is. Part of the mods are for show anyway, not necessary in most of the stuff most folks do.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
found some
Jeep Gladiator No money wifey said hold off stock gladiator no mods help!! {filename}

NITTO
TERRA GRAPPLER G2 around 200 33 X12.50R22 LT 109R E2 BSW

thinking it’s a good deal no spacers, lifting, or leveling needed.. right?
Those are for 22" wheels... Are you going to be running 22" wheels, or stock 17" wheels?

Also, if you plan to offroad, the Nitto Ridge Grappler, or Trail Grappler M/T would be a better option.

OP
OP

TheHomer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
stuck in a cubicle
I'd skip the 33's.. Get the Kenda 35/10.5r17's They should fit fine once you either trim or ditch that airdam on the backside of the front bumper (connects the bumper to the fenders). The only way I would go with 33's is if you find a good deal on Rubicon Take Off's. Otherwise I think the Kenda's are the best value for an off road tire (currently 201 bucks per tire where the 33's are 20 bucks cheaper each).

Sway bar disconnects will definitely make your life easier, but you could carry the right size wrench's & do the same thing, just more time consuming (not saying not to get the disconencts, I have the ones linked above, just that you can do the same without them).

I have a max tow & with a minimal front level (1.5" at the front only, and was only done for asthetics) and some 35's I was flat out impressed with what it would do. I wasnt able to go the same places as a modded JK of course, but I went some pretty gnarly places and came back with no sheet metal damage at all.
How the 35s vs 33s or34s gas mileage wise (negligible)? this is my daily driver .
Sponsored