Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Check these out as well! We found them a few weeks back and just got them in, they worked great. At some point when things aren't so hectic, we may just start bringing these in-house, but for anybody having any issues due to a lack of weight on the rear of the vehicle, these are a very good solution!

https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/9.6112
Sponsored

Wet Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Check these out as well! We found them a few weeks back and just got them in, they worked great. At some point when things aren't so hectic, we may just start bringing these in-house, but for anybody having any issues due to a lack of weight on the rear of the vehicle, these are a very good solution!

https://www.energysuspensionparts.com/9.6112
It looks like these come with two isolators per set. Is just one set enough to get the job done on the rear? Also, are these split so you don't have to pull the springs? It doesn't look like they are in the picture.

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
Just to chime in, I was having the same issue with my rear 2.5" clayton springs. Metalcloak actually sells coil sleeves for the JT that fit the clayton springs. They eliminated a large majority of the rear noise and im very happy to fix that noise for about $50.
I installed 3 sleeves on each of my 3.5" coils. So if you still have noise, you may benefit from adding more sleeves.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It looks like these come with two isolators per set. Is just one set enough to get the job done on the rear? Also, are these split so you don't have to pull the springs? It doesn't look like they are in the picture.
One should be enough per spring, and we personally removed the coils to get them on. I suppose you could make your own cut to make things easier, I'm just not sure if that would affect performance.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
One should be enough per spring, and we personally removed the coils to get them on. I suppose you could make your own cut to make things easier, I'm just not sure if that would affect performance.
Where in the coil do you suggest they go? I think my noise is more from the top of the coil itself, would these be too thick to add up there? Or do they only go down towards the bottom where there's more gap between the coils?

Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Where in the coil do you suggest they go? I think my noise is more from the top of the coil itself, would these be too thick to add up there? Or do they only go down towards the bottom where there's more gap between the coils?
Right on the top! It is a little tight but it does fit perfectly :like:

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Right on the top! It is a little tight but it does fit perfectly :like:
Ok that's exactly where I think mine's coming from.

But question... it's going to kind of just make the top of these coils essentially static then isn't it? If they don't have much or any room to compress, then are they going to be offering any dampening... or just acting like a spacer puck on top?

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Very interested in this thread. I have a rattle that I hear constantly on bumps. It drives me nuts and i have been all over that jeep looking for it lol.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ok that's exactly where I think mine's coming from.

But question... it's going to kind of just make the top of these coils essentially static then isn't it? If they don't have much or any room to compress, then are they going to be offering any dampening... or just acting like a spacer puck on top?
The isolator is only going to be covering about one-half of the top rack, and will not change how the springs work whatsoever. Triple rate springs are already designed for the topmost rate to be fully compressed at all times. This is only going to prevent the metal-on-metal contact that is occurring due to a lack of weight in the bed of the truck, leaving the topmost rate of the coil un-compressed. These essentially will act the same way the isolators on the factory coils work.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
The isolator is only going to be covering about one-half of the top rack, and will not change how the springs work whatsoever. Triple rate springs are already designed for the topmost rate to be fully compressed at all times. This is only going to prevent the metal-on-metal contact that is occurring due to a lack of weight in the bed of the truck, leaving the topmost rate of the coil un-compressed. These essentially will act the same way the isolators on the factory coils work.
Happen to have pics of the ones you tested these isolators on?

Sponsored

rubiryanjt

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Self Employed
Im confused. I have the factory blue isolators on, I have wrapped most of the first few turns with rubber hose, I've made sure the little nipple on the top factory isolator is in the tiny hole at the top of the bucket. I've wrapped the inside the coil bucket with foam even. And still get this rattle. To the point I'm almost tempted to buy a different rear coil to try.

I had to slice the rubber hose and use zip ties to hold it on. The very top of the coil, was too tight to allow it to slip onto the coil.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Im confused. I have the factory blue isolators on, I have wrapped most of the first few turns with rubber hose, I've made sure the little nipple on the top factory isolator is in the tiny hole at the top of the bucket. I've wrapped the inside the coil bucket with foam even. And still get this rattle. To the point I'm almost tempted to buy a different rear coil to try.

I had to slice the rubber hose and use zip ties to hold it on. The very top of the coil, was too tight to allow it to slip onto the coil.
Hey Ryan, feel free to give us a call and we can help you to solve the issue. Phone number to the shop is (203) 691 8593

rubiryanjt

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Self Employed
Hey Ryan, feel free to give us a call and we can help you to solve the issue. Phone number to the shop is (203) 691 8593
I had talked to you guys via email and last siggestion was to try rubber hose. I'll try and call and see if maybe we can come up with something different. Anyone specific to talk to?

JMJ52876

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Medical Biller/Collection
Anyone confirm if the rubber added to the springs worked? I have developed a loud chirping, squeaking sound in the rear on the passenger side. It happens when going over bumps. I have re-seated my springs twice, put in new mopar top isolators, and checked all bolts for tightness. This thread may have answered my problem, just need to know before I drop $100 on rubber hoses.
Sponsored