• Watchers 67

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
There'll be quite a few people at Uwharrie this weekend I would imagine with only one week left after this one. The group I will be meeting up with ranges from 3 or 4 to 10 or 12. If it's a really big group I will ride on my own or with a smaller bunch. Most likely I will be the only JT in the group. A stock Rubi will do ok on most of the trails. The first time I took mine out there I did them all except the hardest of them with just 35" tires and Rubicon suspension. If you decide to come out and ride just meet us there at the Outpost. I'll be the guy in the white JT with the Spartan helmet hood graphic.
Sponsored

Taznc

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
That sounds awesome. I am getting a lift/tires/wheels put on in 2 weeks so I am excited to do some offroading after that. Unfortunately, Uwharrie will be closed until next year but I look forward to going when it opens back up.

Is there anywhere else around to go offroading in the area other than Uwharrie?

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
That sounds awesome. I am getting a lift/tires/wheels put on in 2 weeks so I am excited to do some offroading after that. Unfortunately, Uwharrie will be closed until next year but I look forward to going when it opens back up.

Is there anywhere else around to go offroading in the area other than Uwharrie?
I would like to know as well. Not sure what part of NC you live in, but I know my dad has taken JKUR to Gultches down in SC before and liked it.

https://www.gulchesorvpark.com/

Looks like Rubicon JTs can handle this one.
From their site:
Gulches Park Conditions and weather Dec. 6-8: We will be open all three days. Conditions should be good. All types of tires should be fine: street, a/t and m/t. We will be slick first thing in the morning but we will tack up fine quickly. Once again full size quad cab pick up trucks will not do well without big lift and tires. ps Stock non lifted Gladiators do not do well. Rubicon Gladiators have done well. Temps will be in the low 60's.

As always we cannot take credit cards. Cash check or paypal only.

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
Parts of Gulches is doable but you really need a lift. I did it in my Sport S but I was running Rubi springs and 35s. I still drug a lot. Pick good lines and go slow.

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
Me and two other guys rode yesterday. The big group had 11 in it. The trails weren't really as busy as I thought they would be. I got the JT's roll gauge to the highest angle so far. 34* feels like your laying on the doors.
Screenshot_20191207-222345~2.png

Of course the videos are on the YouTube channel.

Last edited:

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Parts of Gulches is doable but you really need a lift. I did it in my Sport S but I was running Rubi springs and 35s. I still drug a lot. Pick good lines and go slow.
Thats good to know. I really don't want to put a lift on the truck yet, but it seems more and more like this may be the path I am going down. My 5 year old my kill me though, she already struggles to get in by herself.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
Hello Everyone! Looking forward to meeting fellow forum members out and about in NC.

We just got our JT Rubicon 3 weeks ago. I do not plan to put 35s on until these stock 33s wear out. Just added a 1" lift front and rear. Prioritizing recovery gear (winch) and overlanding MODS (Rack, RTT) before going with bigger tires. Mostly going to use our Gladiator for camping but I personally would love to take her out on some trails to see what she can do.

I look forward to tagging along when trails open again. Cheers!

Salmanilla

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Is anyone near Beech Mountain or Patriot Mountain this weekend? I had planned a Ski weekend with the wife and son, but the weather has not cooperated. We are looking for something to do and happen to have our Rubicon Gladiator with us.

Any suggestions?

sal

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I am not, have been looking for trails//roads in the Charlotte NC area. Anybody know anything close that a stock rubicon can do? My son has been begging me to do something more than just driving around the yard.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
Is anyone near Beech Mountain or Patriot Mountain this weekend? I had planned a Ski weekend with the wife and son, but the weather has not cooperated. We are looking for something to do and happen to have our Rubicon Gladiator with us.

Any suggestions?

sal
Maybe Black Mountain?

Sponsored

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
Does anyone have any recommendations for someone to install a Rock Krawler lift in the Raleigh area? I try to install most of the mods myself. But when it comes to suspension, I don’t want to mess that up! I appreciate any suggestions! Also looking forward to hitting the trails with you guys!

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Auto performance does a really good job. Some nc good old boys. Great pricing as well. I got my lift installed there.

986CABCE-1E1E-4341-AA83-74A76BDFD523.png

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Does anyone have any recommendations for someone to install a Rock Krawler lift in the Raleigh area? I try to install most of the mods myself. But when it comes to suspension, I don’t want to mess that up! I appreciate any suggestions! Also looking forward to hitting the trails with you guys!
See list post.

Iron Wolfpack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Red Rubicon Gladiator LE, 06 Range Rover Sport, 92 E350 Tailgating Bus (Howlin' Prowler); past Jeeps - 87 YJ, 02 TJ
@Taznc & @bangolia I appreciate the suggestions. I live really close to 4 Wheel Parts but like the idea of a a small family owned business doing the work too. It will be a week before I receive the kit, I will probably touch base with both.
Sponsored