• Watchers 67

Mudfever

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red LE Gladiator
I'm in Apex. Going to the Outer Banks in November with her. Also want to go to Uwharrie.

Jason
Sponsored

Marx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Firecracker Launch Edition
Occupation
Education
I'm in Apex. Going to the Outer Banks in November with her. Also want to go to Uwharrie.

Jason
Keep me posted how it does out there in the OBX soft sand. I typically hit Ocracoke in Oct/Nov and then Hatteras in December, but with Ocracoke being closed it looks like a December trip to the OBX will be the first time my LE sees something other than pavement. I'm also game to spot or ride along with anyone going to Uwharrie; I've never been.

Thed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 MX-5 Miata, '01 Rodeo, '96 Ranger, '17 Ducati Supersport
Would it be possible for a non-Jeep-owning Raleighite to attend? Possibly for a ride-along? The only time I go to Uwharrie is when I take the bike to some twisty roads nearby.

Sponsored

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Much of this has been answered. I wouldn’t do Dickey Bell in a stock Jeep. I struggled with the “speed bumps” on the easier trails. Even with a 2” lift and 37s I scrapped a few times. I went down the rocks; still getting used to the JT.

Always looking for someone to run the trails with, please add me to your list. Also looking to plan a trip to Peters Mill. Got my first badge, need to work on the second.

Pick below is with lift and tires. Think I would easily scrap if still stock.

EB10B0DB-A8DE-4B3C-AA97-C7A2EFB471B7.jpeg
I'd love to run some trails with you, but I'm in Alabama, and don't make it that way often.

I ended up taking my Overland to Uwharrie a couple of months back. I'm surprised you scraped a lot with 2" lift and 37's. I got high centered a few times, and I scraped a lot as well, but I had street tires, and Rubicon takeoff suspension. I took it on the easier trails (Rocky Mountain Loop, Slab Pile, and I'm pretty sure Saw Mill). I wouldn't recommend running stock on Dickey Bell, Dutch John, or Daniel, but the length of the Gladiator alone will make it challenging regardless of lift and tires. There are some tight turns that could get dicey.

I hit up Peters Mill on Oct-13th. I drove through close to dusk, and barely saw anyone on the trail. When you go up there, be sure to do the Bluestone Overland Trail Hunter geocache hunt, and they'll send you a patch for your Jeep.
http://bluestoneoverland.com/trailhunter/index.html

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
Hey y'all, I'm out in Pinehurst. Right about an hour from Uwharrie. Been out there a number of times in other vehicles, haven't taken the JTR out there yet though. I'll be following this to see when y'all are heading out and hopefully I'll be able to tag along.
EFFECTS.jpg
If you are interested you can PM me and I can add you to our text group where guys announce when they are going to UWharrie. We have folks that go pretty much every weekend.

Tlhicks

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch edition
Vehicle Showcase
Keep me posted how it does out there in the OBX soft sand. I typically hit Ocracoke in Oct/Nov and then Hatteras in December, but with Ocracoke being closed it looks like a December trip to the OBX will be the first time my LE sees something other than pavement. I'm also game to spot or ride along with anyone going to Uwharrie; I've never been.
We just spent 3 days at the obx jeep jam at the end of Sep, over 200 jeep conveyed up to Corolla and drove the beach all the way to the Va border, big fun out there with the wild horses.

Sponsored

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon LE

Jason
Jason,

I am down the road in Wendell and would like to check out a Gladiator on 37s and see how it drives. Would you be willing to meet up sometime?

Thanks,
Kevin

AdamH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon, 23 Wagoneer, 83 Scrambler
Mt Holly NC for me (just outside Charlotte). I own and operate Freedom 4WD.
Sponsored