First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Yeah, they are just a solid chunk of heavy rubber/plastic. Same as all the lift companies sell.

I have 3 Jeeps 20 bucks bought me enough for all the Jeeps.
Sponsored

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I did look at AEV, but like the idea of adding Bilstein shocks for a little bit more instead of extension brackets with suspect stock shocks. I have also read quite a few folks have added the relocation brackets to the AEV lift with good results.
I agree. Anything added on top of the AEV would work well. I went with longer Fox remote reservoir shocks for 2-3” lifts to rid of the extensions too.

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
I agree. Anything added on top of the AEV would work well. I went with longer Fox remote reservoir shocks for 2-3” lifts to rid of the extensions too.
Did you use over the counter Fox? How is the ride? Part #'s please. With that long of a shock you probably didn't need much bump stop extension. I know the brackets work but I am not a fan of them.

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Did you use over the counter Fox? How is the ride? Part #'s please. With that long of a shock you probably didn't need much bump stop extension. I know the brackets work but I am not a fan of them.
I bought and had them tuned from Accutune Off-road. It wasn’t over the counter.

FOX-885-24-246
FOX-985-24-228

The ride is excellent. I had Rubicon front springs installed as well to level it out. Rides the same if not better than the stock Mojave I test drove as a comparison.

OP
OP
USMC_1Wire6337

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
I bought and had them tuned from Accutune Off-road. It wasn’t over the counter.

FOX-885-24-246
FOX-985-24-228

The ride is excellent. I had Rubicon front springs installed as well to level it out. Rides the same if not better than the stock Mojave I test drove as a comparison.
Might have to get the wife playing Lotto again. Not sure those are in the cards yet. Great looking shocks though.

Sponsored

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Might have to get the wife playing Lotto again. Not sure those are in the cards yet. Great looking shocks though.
Thanks, they are worth it. The price is nice compared to the Fox 2.5’s as well.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
First, thanks everyone for the advice and suggestions. I will definitely be thinking about all of the information shared.

I was thinking relocation brackets to get caster back to stock and controls arms more parallel for better rough handling manners. But I was also considering adjustable at first for more options of larger tires down the road. I really don't think I would ever go passed 35" so was hard for me to justify.

I did look at AEV, but like the idea of adding Bilstein shocks for a little bit more instead of extension brackets with suspect stock shocks. I have also read quite a few folks have added the relocation brackets to the AEV lift with good results.

I may give them a call then to ask them about tow ratings and manners. I do like the idea of springs to simplify how many parts are a part of the suspension, but wonder at the cost. Not afraid to spend money if needed, but trying to keep to a decent budget if possible.
Adjustable control arms get your caster back. You don’t need drop brackets with a small lift.

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
I have spoken with Accutune and really want to use them as he knows what works. Pay once, cry once, enjoy the ride.

OP
OP
USMC_1Wire6337

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
I have spoken with Accutune and really want to use them as he knows what works. Pay once, cry once, enjoy the ride.
Believe me, I hear you. Just trying to balance budget, cool and tow rating while still trying to maintain some semblance of quality.
Sponsored