Sponsored

OEM Steel Bumper Replacement - What Part number(s) do I need?

christmas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
infiniti g35
Occupation
Realtor
Hey all, got a good deal on a winch, finally need to replace front bumper. Not looking for some massive aftermarket bumper that'll keep my Mojave from fitting in the garage (have a few inches to spare as it is). Looking at bumpers & trying to price out the Mopar steel rubicon bumper as it shouldn't add much if any space to my build front bumper to rear bumper so my truck will still fit in the garage. Can't for the life of me figure out what part numbers on Mopar.com would be what i need to delete the plastic bumper with a metal one + winch plate. Can mopar or anyone else help out? read tons of fitment posts about the skid plate, can't find the bumper part number(s) for mopar replacement. Found
Front Bumper - Mopar (68293891AB)
but unsure if that's all I need to order for now (it's ok if that's just the stubby part & I can add on the side pieces later, or do I need all the assorted screws, etc that show up in that diagram as well, or are they included? IDK.
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Jrhz06

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Retired
MP Concepts does an aluminum version of the Mopar bumper. Lighter than stock plastic OEM bumper.
Jeep Gladiator OEM Steel Bumper Replacement - What Part number(s) do I need? IMG_5799

OP
OP
christmas

christmas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
infiniti g35
Occupation
Realtor
MP Concepts does an aluminum version of the Mopar bumper. Lighter than stock plastic OEM bumper.
Jeep Gladiator OEM Steel Bumper Replacement - What Part number(s) do I need? IMG_5799
Is that the ebay one I keep seeing mentioned? looks that that ebay one rusts out pretty quick, so I'd guess not if that one's aluminum..

Jrhz06

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Retired
Is that the ebay one I keep seeing mentioned? looks that that ebay one rusts out pretty quick, so I'd guess not if that one's aluminum..
Not Ebay. MP Concepts makes it and it comes with a winch plate and skid plate. Direct bolt on Mojave.

OP
OP
christmas

christmas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
infiniti g35
Occupation
Realtor
Not Ebay. MP Concepts makes it and it comes with a winch plate and skid plate. Direct bolt on Mojave.
Sweet, thank you! Looks real good on yours & I like the ability to add/delete the sides of the bumper as would be possible on OEM. Factory fog lights fit in as well? That was the no-go I stumbled upon looking at another member's attempt to install the DV8 modular one that also does that..

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I have the ebay bumper - no, it doesn't "rust out pretty quick".

Gotta question that "lighter than stock plastic......" bit.
I have aluminum bumpers on my car and they are HEAVIER than the stock plastic JT bumper. That stock plastic bumper is very light (and that's why they use it)

Jrhz06

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I have the ebay bumper - no, it doesn't "rust out pretty quick".

Gotta question that "lighter than stock plastic......" bit.
I have aluminum bumpers on my car and they are HEAVIER than the stock plastic JT bumper. That stock plastic bumper is very light (and that's why they use it)
The stock plastic bumper has steel reinforcement. With the Mojave skid plate its around 45-50 pounds. This one with the winch plate and aluminum skid is around 40 pounds.

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
Hey all, got a good deal on a winch, finally need to replace front bumper. Not looking for some massive aftermarket bumper that'll keep my Mojave from fitting in the garage (have a few inches to spare as it is). Looking at bumpers & trying to price out the Mopar steel rubicon bumper as it shouldn't add much if any space to my build front bumper to rear bumper so my truck will still fit in the garage. Can't for the life of me figure out what part numbers on Mopar.com would be what i need to delete the plastic bumper with a metal one + winch plate. Can mopar or anyone else help out? read tons of fitment posts about the skid plate, can't find the bumper part number(s) for mopar replacement. Found
Front Bumper - Mopar (68293891AB)
but unsure if that's all I need to order for now (it's ok if that's just the stubby part & I can add on the side pieces later, or do I need all the assorted screws, etc that show up in that diagram as well, or are they included? IDK.
Thanks in advance!
Hi Steve,
Mopar offers a full and stubby bumper linked below but for a Mojave your going to have to modify your skid plate a bit for them to fit. Theres a thread on here somewhere discussing what's required.

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215121ab.html
https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215120.html

If your interested in going the Mopar route let me know and I will fill you in on the rest of the details/winch plate

- Benny

OP
OP
christmas

christmas

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
infiniti g35
Occupation
Realtor
Hi Steve,
Mopar offers a full and stubby bumper linked below but for a Mojave your going to have to modify your skid plate a bit for them to fit. Theres a thread on here somewhere discussing what's required.

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215121ab.html
https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215120.html

If your interested in going the Mopar route let me know and I will fill you in on the rest of the details/winch plate

- Benny
Thank you Benny!
Sponsored