Official Gladiator Measurements Thread

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I just happened to be reading the owners manual yesterday and it says that if you set the tailgate in the "1/2 open" condition to haul things like plywood and such then you need to add some support in the bed. It suggests laying a 2X4 across the wheel humps, using the convenient depression that they added just for that purpose. It then says that the depression in the sidewalls, between the wheel wells and the tailgate will hold two 2X4s stacked on edge. This supposedly provides a level "rack" with the tailgate - based on that I would say the wheel wells are somewhere around 10 inches tall?
the top of the 2x4 on top of the wheel wells is 7" above the floor of the bed. i'll try to find a photo.
here, https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...n-all-my-life-gladys.19947/page-8#post-314206

i was wrong, 6 and 5/8" is what I measured from bed floor to top of 2x4.
Sponsored

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
How high is the hitch receiver off the ground?
The bottom of the hitch would be sitting exactly at 19” from the ground inside of the receiver on my stock Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (and the bed free of any cargo weight!!!)

The bottom of the receiver is 18 ⅝” high off the ground, just a little above the spare tire bottom.
Jeep Gladiator Official Gladiator Measurements Thread B612E297-03D9-4A46-8F95-62DFEBD261A6

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
The bottom of the hitch would be sitting exactly at 19” from the ground inside of the receiver on my stock Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (and the bed free of any cargo weight!!!)

The bottom of the receiver is 18 ⅝” high off the ground, just a little above the spare tire bottom.
Jeep Gladiator Official Gladiator Measurements Thread B612E297-03D9-4A46-8F95-62DFEBD261A6
What's the height on a stock sport s?

Sponsored

Black1Star7

First Name
Black
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Occupation
mechanic
Could you measure the distance between the driver side door handle to the center of the driver side rear wheel?

Apocalypz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Unlimited, 2021 JTR Diesel (Ordered 7/11/20)
Occupation
Operations
I am trying to get measurements for a JT with a 2.5" lift on 35's. Looking for the total height. I have a 2021 ordered and trying to figure out if I do a 2.5" lift and 35's, if I can still get it in my standard size garage. lol First world problem, I know.

Any help would be appreciated.

DaleG

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.disinfecting4u.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 Infiniti QX50, 2015 Cruisers Yacht 45 Cantius
Occupation
Self Employed
I am trying to get measurements for a JT with a 2.5" lift on 35's. Looking for the total height. I have a 2021 ordered and trying to figure out if I do a 2.5" lift and 35's, if I can still get it in my standard size garage. lol First world problem, I know.

Any help would be appreciated.
My Overland with 2” mopar lift and 285/75/18 Falkens in About 77” at the highest point and my garage opening in 82”.....

Tug

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - On order
Does this measurement sound right?
- Bed floor to hardtop roof - 30.25" - I ask because I'm trying to find the overall interior height with a bed cap on.

I searched the thread and could not find (might have missed them):
- Just the height of the wheel well
- The distance from the bed wall to the wheel well
- Wheel well length - how much fo the bed do they take up length wise

If anyone has those please let me know!

Thank you!

JonRJackson

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
pretty sure this hasn't been asked.... what size is the hole for the locker connector on a Rubicon axle?

Sponsored

ArloGuthroJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTRD
Y'all have listed the height of a Rubicon as 73" (which is what I just measured at the dealership), but the jeep.com website lists it as 76.1" - anyone know about 3" difference? Worried I missed a roof top antenna - or does the regular AM/FM antenna stick up 76" perhaps?

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
[...] or does the regular AM/FM antenna stick up 76" perhaps?
Yes. It’s probably the regular antenna height. On my stock Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition I get just under 77” at the top of the antenna. My garage door is just high enough for the Jeep and sometimes the antenna is touching the lower part of the opened door but I still have a 2-3” clearance.

ArloGuthroJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTRD
Yes. It’s probably the regular antenna height. On my stock Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition I get just under 77” at the top of the antenna. My garage door is just high enough for the Jeep and sometimes the antenna is touching the lower part of the opened door but I still have a 2-3” clearance.
Thanks for confirming. Trying to plan out everything & have the JT fit in the garage before mine shows up...inches matter!

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Hi. Can anyone please tell me the distance from the inside of a closed tailgate to where the cross 2x8 can be placed?
Meaning if I put the cross board there how big of an item can I fit between it and the tailgate.
Thank you.

JT-S-Maxi-IND

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 1998 Pontiac Sunfire convertible
Occupation
Retired (Sales)
Hi. Can anyone please tell me the distance from the inside of a closed tailgate to where the cross 2x8 can be placed?
Meaning if I put the cross board there how big of an item can I fit between it and the tailgate.
Thank you.
17”.
Sponsored