First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
No magnet on this one. I do place a couple earth magnets next to it the fitting then when I screw the hose fitting on, I pull the magnets and let the flow of the oil take any filings with it.
Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
what model works on a diesel gladiator? I love this! the compact one looks perfect.
Other than maybe contacting the site, I wouldn’t be able to tell you. I didn’t get mine from the site but was at the Cummins dealer in Calgary and saw it being sold there. The parts guy looked it up and ordered me the plug. This is my second one. The first one, I swapped out the fumoto valve on my Tacoma for this one. Absolutely love them.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
what model works on a diesel gladiator? I love this! the compact one looks perfect.
Did you ever figure this out ?

I was looking at the Fumoto, but I believe the Diesel (after 05/2020) uses a
M18-1.0 plug and Fumoto seems to only have the M14-1.5.

What was your experience ?
Thanks

Sponsored

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Did you ever figure this out ?

I was looking at the Fumoto, but I believe the Diesel (after 05/2020) uses a
M18-1.0 plug and Fumoto seems to only have the M14-1.5.

What was your experience ?
Thanks
I have this for mine, and it works, though you could use another angle; I just wanted to avoid it hanging down since I step on rocks.

Jeep Gladiator Oil Drain Plug 1711670443746-ql

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I haven't installed one because I'm scared that I might hit it off roading. Low hanging fruit to a rock.

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
I haven't installed one because I'm scared that I might hit it off roading. Low hanging fruit to a rock.
Oh, I hear you :)
That's why I took the angled one, and it looks sideways so it doesn't hang lower than the pan.

Jeep Gladiator Oil Drain Plug 7556C006-EE17-4306-AF02-42CDCB5DF039_1_102_o

Like I said, I'm often on the rocks. That picture was taken before installing it. If a rock hits the oil pan at the right angle, it can pierce or slice it open, so I'm not too worried about the cap. I was lucky it only deformed the oil pan there. The real solution is a proper bash plate protecting the oil pan and, thus, the cap.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I have this for mine, and it works, though you could use another angle; I just wanted to avoid it hanging down since I step on rocks.

1711670443746-ql.png
I saw the 👍, thanks. Does that mean that you have a diesel ? What year ?

From my understanding, the diesel requires a M18-1.0. The M14-1.5 applied to the 05/2020 and older models.

@AllMoparParts.com
any clarification ?

Sponsored

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
I saw the 👍, thanks. Does that mean that you have a diesel ? What year ?

From my understanding, the diesel requires a M18-1.0. The M14-1.5 applied to the 05/2020 and older models.
I'm sorry. I thought you figured it out afterward. It's on the picture itself (2022 Wrangler Diesel), under my profile on the side, and this is in the Diesel section of the forum ;).

So, yes, I installed it on a 2022 Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel (February build). I can check my OEM drain plug against my pitch tool if you want to confirm the 1.5 pitch. But between M14 and M18 alone, there's a 4mm diameter difference, so there's no way I could have slotted that inside and started threading the bolt in.

Hope this helps.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
I'm sorry. I thought you figured it out afterward. It's on the picture itself (2022 Wrangler Diesel), under my profile on the side, and this is in the Diesel section of the forum ;).

So, yes, I installed it on a 2022 Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel (February build). I can check my OEM drain plug against my pitch tool if you want to confirm the 1.5 pitch. But between M14 and M18 alone, there's a 4mm diameter difference, so there's no way I could have slotted that inside and started threading the bolt in.

Hope this helps.
It does, somewhat, I'm still confused, but that's not your fault.

Sorry I couldn't tell from the front angle, I'm not that good... I totally missed what sub forum it was in... maybe give me a pass, I'm a JT owner 😆

I can check my OEM drain plug against my pitch tool if you want to confirm the 1.5 pitch.
Nah if you're sure your sure.

My research was for the JT, maybe that's the difference ?
BUT
The part# is 06513414AA and I thought it covers a range of models.

I had my local dealership measure the length of the one they pulled up and it was 1", leading us to believe it was a M18.

Jeep Gladiator Oil Drain Plug Screenshot_20240329_123116_Chrome

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Ok, I think I understand where the confusion comes from:

I had my local dealership measure the length of the one they pulled up and it was 1", leading us to believe it was a M18.
Your dealer has mixed up the length of the bolt and its diameter. M4, M10, and M18 are all different gauges, like a #10 and a #4 SAE screw. In other words, it is a measure of the diameter of the thread. A full screw specification would have 3 numbers, diameter (gauge), pitch, and length. If you measured a 1" long screw, then it just tells that it's a 1" long screw, nothing about diameter or thread pitch.

e.g., M18x1.5x20 would be a M18 screw with a 1.5mm pitch that is 20mm long.
The pitch in metric screws is the distance between threads, while in SAE, it's how many threads are in one inch (much more confusing to me).

Play a bit on McMaster if you like; this can be helpful, in my opinion:

Jeep Gladiator Oil Drain Plug 1711734284272-oz

Jeep Gladiator Oil Drain Plug 1711734314872-t6

P.S: For that part on the Mopar website:
[M18 x 1.0]. [M14x1.50x21.50]. Used Up To 05/22/2020. -NAM ( with Out Mexico).
I agree that it is confusing and does not tell you which is what. I believe that they meant to say is
ScrewDate
M18 x 1.0 x ??Up to 05/22/2020
M14x1.50x21.50Starting 05/23/2020

Last edited:

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Ok, I think I understand where the confusion comes from:

Your dealer has mixed up the length of the bolt and its diameter. M4, M10, and M18 are all different gauges, like a #10 and a #4 SAE screw. In other words, it is a measure of the diameter of the thread. A full screw specification would have 3 numbers, diameter (gauge), pitch, and length. If you measured a 1" long screw, then it just tells that it's a 1" long screw, nothing about diameter or thread pitch.

e.g., M18x1.5x20 would be a M18 screw with a 1.5mm pitch that is 20mm long.
The pitch in metric screws is the distance between threads, while in SAE, it's how many threads are in one inch (much more confusing to me).

Play a bit on McMaster if you like; this can be helpful, in my opinion:

P.S: For that part on the Mopar website:

I agree that it is confusing and does not tell you which is what. I believe that they meant to say is
ScrewDate
M18 x 1.0 x ??Up to 05/22/2020
M14x1.50x21.50Starting 05/23/2020
Thank you.
Great explanation.

If you look at the attachment from Mopar Parts, it only shows M18-1.0 , so I'm unsure of the 3rd measurement.

I agree, the dealership and I both mis-measured.

I'm thinking you are correct, the more I inquire, seems M14-1.5 is what the newer models are using.

If this is indeed the case (which I hope it is) this opens up more opportunities.

Thanks a bunch for your time and effort.

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
No worries mate, cheers

If you look at the attachment from Mopar Parts, it only shows M18-1.0 , so I'm unsure of the 3rd measurement.
Yes the length, of the bolt. But I wouldn’t worry about it too much if it’s long enough that all the threads on the oil pan are engaged and not too long that it collide with something in it. Now, for the Fumoto it’s a bit more important since one would leave it in place, if it’s too long it won’t drain all of the oil.
Sponsored