Sponsored

Okay, I may catch flak for this question, but.... where is the Sirius antenna?

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
looks like you have an answer. Glad you are enjoying your new JT
Sponsored

Green_Gladiator

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
I found out when installing the head liners ... one of the sound assassin strips needs to be
cut short to not inturupt the gps/antenna ..

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
its located next to your blinker fluid tank.
So funny story...

i played this game on a new soldier years back. Told him to grab an exhaust sample and and drain the blinker fluid and take both to our motor sergeant.

a little while later the motor sergeant finds me and says “youve got a hell of a soldier on your hands” and hands me a tied up trash bag that was blown up like a baloon, and a small cup about half full with water. I asked him wtf it was and he said “it’s exactly what you sent him to get”

this friggan private filled a trash bag with exhaust and tied the bag off capturing the exhaust inside...and found a gotdam tail light with water in it and drained it....

to this day that joe is a good friend. Fella cant add 2+2 but he can shoot and follow instructions.

Rozik169

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator overland
Occupation
Pa turnpike
mine cuts out all the time no roof mods and also be aware when your service runs out they just send u a bill for $30 a month

OP
OP
texanjeeper

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
mine cuts out all the time no roof mods and also be aware when your service runs out they just send u a bill for $30 a month
When mine runs out, the 5 months I had on my Renegade I traded in kicks in. Messing with Sirius is an adventure all unto itself, they want me to pay $30 a month or $20 a month and I inevitably call them and work out a deal for like $30 for 6 months. That's about all I'm willing to pay for commercial-less radio.

Sponsored

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I never pay full price for satellite radio. I always tell them it's too expensive and within a week they're flooding me with emails offering me half off.

OP
OP
texanjeeper

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
I never pay full price for satellite radio. I always tell them it's too expensive and within a week they're flooding me with emails offering me half off.
Exactly. And, the closer to the end of your contract with them, the more they're willing to discount you for 6 months or a year.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
No, they don't, it just turns off and they forget about you after mailing a few reminders to renew. I don't use the crap, so I just let it expire.

What are these sound control products? I'd always like a quieter Jeep. I already have OEM headliners though.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
No, they don't, it just turns off and they forget about you after mailing a few reminders to renew. I don't use the crap, so I just let it expire.

What are these sound control products? I'd always like a quieter Jeep. I already have OEM headliners though.
They are the SoundAssassin strips that go in the roof channels under the headliner. They are an option sold by Hothead Headliners.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.

Hogwash. I still get mail to renew from my car 12 years ago that had it for 6 months. Forget the extended warranty people, Sirius hounding is ridiculous.

:p

I think I had a year of Sirius and cancelled. I wanted ad-free/DJ-free music. The stations I listened to did not have that. Plus satellite radio sounds bad.

Sponsored

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
If you install the sound matting insulation, there is a foil layer to it. You aren't supposed to cover the area that goes above those if you use the Sat system.
......runs to Jeep to wrap the GPS with aluminum foil to prevent the Government from tracking them

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
The poor sound quality is why I dumped it years ago. Streaming is so much cleaner.

rvlife18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Rubicon
If you install the sound matting insulation, there is a foil layer to it. You aren't supposed to cover the area that goes above those if you use the Sat system.
@TexasJeeper

Because of it's location on the sound bar, if you install any type of roof mounted racks, etc., the rack or whatever will screw up XM reception. There is an aftermarket bracket for the XM receiver that allows for an XM receiver to be placed up front in a different spot that is unaffected by a roof rack, etc..
https://maximus-3.com/home/maximus-3-jl-satellite-antenna-relocation-bracket

284DEDA3-9E0E-4536-88B6-B0FDD7EEB01B.jpg
Sounds easy enough but how do you re-route the antennae wiring

Iowafarm

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon, Chevy Camaro SS, HD Wideglide
Occupation
Farmer
I wish they still offered lifetime subscriptions for radios like I purchased for my Peterbilts. Have three trucks 10 to 12 years old and only paid around $550 each. If you keep something long enough it is a good deal.

Goheels0917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition
Occupation
Systems Engineer
its located next to your blinker fluid tank.
Awesome! I Just changed that fluid yesterday and that sucker was underneath it!. Right next to the damn turbo booster.
Sponsored