Sponsored

open hood vents anyone?

P2VNeptune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 67 M715
man all of this talk about fca designing airflow in the engine bay... if your worried about the hood vents then you should absolutely never change your inner fender liners. or what about having a winch in front of the grille. i haven't seen any of the bumper manufactures showing wind tunnel tests to prove that it doesn't effect the stock drag coefficient

if we thought stock was best we wouldn't buy and modify a jeep.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Whiteknight

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
man all of this talk about fcu designing airflow in the engine bay... if your worried about the hood vents then you should absolutely never change your inner fender liners. or what about having a winch in front of the grille. i haven't seen any of the bumper manufactures showing wind tunnel tests to prove that it doesn't effect the stock drag coefficient

if we thought stock was best we wouldn't buy and modify a jeep.
I never claim to be the smartest cracker in the box, so that's why I ask. Thank you everyone. Interesting about the drag coefficient. Don't think many aftermarket companies would show much concern about much that happens after the fact as long as they can sell something, in most cases, especially with fuel economy. Some problems may also arise from installation or lack of know how to install, er ahh stuff. Like me:surprised::surprised:

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Is the plastic vent 2 pieces and you were able to remove the bottom piece to open up the vent, or is it just one piece and you had to dermal the bottom out? In other words - is removal permanent or can you reassemble the vent if it turns out to be a problem? ( I can see the mod to the heat shield is permanent).

P2VNeptune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT, 67 M715
Is the plastic vent 2 pieces and you were able to remove the bottom piece to open up the vent, or is it just one piece and you had to dermal the bottom out? In other words - is removal permanent or can you reassemble the vent if it turns out to be a problem? ( I can see the mod to the heat shield is permanent).

I had to dremmel the bottom out. its permanent the heat shield was just cut with a razor blade

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A, 1968 Jeepster Commando, M422 Mighty Mite and 2020 Gladiator Bright White
Vehicle Showcase
5000 miles now through rain and heat (90's) with open vents - no over-heating, no water noticed. Looking good - looking forward to 100+ ambient temperature to watch temp.

Dkeven

First Name
donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon gladiator
Occupation
retired
Just did mine had a local holster shop (Burlyman tactical Kingsland Ga) make kydex covers sandwiched screening in to keeps bugs etc out
Jeep Gladiator open hood vents anyone? 1272073E-8738-4177-A1DE-543C96804E04
Jeep Gladiator open hood vents anyone? 13B1DA70-098C-4425-A87E-FB7D19D10197

Reactions: PJZ

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
I did mine about a month ago. Haven't noticed too much of a difference in highway driving.

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Did mine recently too. Didnt notice any reduction, but no increase either. Its on a diesel. As noted this is easy and fast mod. I broke about 1/2 the liner clips so better get some before you start!

IMG_5219.jpeg

IMG_5221.jpeg

IMG_5222.jpeg

IMG_5223.jpeg

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Just did mine had a local holster shop (Burlyman tactical Kingsland Ga) make kydex covers sandwiched screening in to keeps bugs etc out
Jeep Gladiator open hood vents anyone? IMG_5223
Jeep Gladiator open hood vents anyone? IMG_5223
Those are pretty slick!
Sponsored