First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
Even if you want to install your own front facing camera, you need to get the 8.4 inch screen. I got the 7 inch thinking the same as you, that I would do it myself. Well, there's no front camera input on the 7 inch screen. So I'll need to find an aftermarket head unit if I decide to get a trail cam.
That's rough. That's also the point of this thread. I am hoping to avoid potential situations like that
Sponsored

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
From what I understand AUX from the factory is way easier than trying to install your own. You might save a little money but the time and effort to wire it is likely not worth it. Im not saying $395 is nothing but there is A LOT of of value in it.

For me personally it was AUX, trailer package (not max tow) and spray in bed liner.

the trailer package gives you better cooling, is per wired and larger alternator. All things not easy to do aftermarket.

Bed liner was a matter of connivence and cost is more or less a wash so I figured just get it done from factory.

Everything else I either don't need/want or I would rather go aftermarket.

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel
Get the factory Aux switches. So much easier than running your own unless you already know you'll need kore than 4.
Heated seats steering wheel if that's your thing. you can do heated seats later, but the heated steering wheel I haven't seen aftermarket
Factory LED's are very good...not sure of the package price but to do all LED aftermarket, you're in about $1200.
Safety group if you want cross traffic alert/blind spot monitoring. Really helps if you ahve racks or other acessories blocking the view
Hegih10 is a great alternative to the factory 8.4...believe it's about the same price however. If you're like me and despise UConnect, makes it an easy decision

OP
OP

KAExcaliber

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
From what I understand AUX from the factory is way easier than trying to install your own. You might save a little money but the time and effort to wire it is likely not worth it. Im not saying $395 is nothing but there is A LOT of of value in it.

For me personally it was AUX, trailer package (not max tow) and spray in bed liner.

the trailer package gives you better cooling, is per wired and larger alternator. All things not easy to do aftermarket.

Bed liner was a matter of connivence and cost is more or less a wash so I figured just get it done from factory.

Everything else I either don't need/want or I would rather go aftermarket.
Thus far I am thinking Keyless entry, remote proximity, Bed liner, Camera.
Get the factory Aux switches. So much easier than running your own unless you already know you'll need kore than 4.
Heated seats steering wheel if that's your thing. you can do heated seats later, but the heated steering wheel I haven't seen aftermarket
Factory LED's are very good...not sure of the package price but to do all LED aftermarket, you're in about $1200.
Safety group if you want cross traffic alert/blind spot monitoring. Really helps if you ahve racks or other acessories blocking the view
Hegih10 is a great alternative to the factory 8.4...believe it's about the same price however. If you're like me and despise UConnect, makes it an easy decision
What about all of the other controls that run through the head unit? Are you still able to use these?

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Which aux option did you go with? I think i was considering something similar, if not the same one.
I got the Auxbeam 6. It's easy enough to wire in, once you get the right components. I had to order a mini add-a-circuit; no one carries mini around here. The problem came with where I wanted to mount it and having enough wire lead, where to go thru the firewall without ripping out the dash, and coming up with a mount for the relay box under the hood.

And regardless of which option you choose for a switch, you still need to run wire to your light locations. I used heat shrink connectors, covered in heat shrink and a wiring sleeve.

For my 6-box, I have wired in:

Driving lights (7" LED)
Hood lights (4" LED)
Cargo lights mounted under the RTT (4" LED)
Rear-facing Amber trail lights (4" LED)

Not installed:
Rock lights

Sponsored

unsocbl

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Eco-diesel

olegs

First Name
OS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2011 Ram Power Wagon, 2015 Audi S8
If it's available from the factory, get it from the factory.
Avoiding a possible warranty hassle alone is worth it.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What do you mean by "keyed" aux wire?
The Aux switch group has 5 wires included that are in cab 4 are switch connected and one that's powered via accessory or run position.
The other 4 can be on how ever you set them for.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
The bottom line is that some of these mods come down to their cost and your preference and time. How much is that worth?

OP
OP

KAExcaliber

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
Thanks for all of the input! I Probably going to add everything to the rig that I can. It looks like worse case scenario would be not getting the liner done right away, the auxiliary switches and the cargo system. Easy to add those later. Thanks again

Sponsored

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Thanks for all of the input! I Probably going to add everything to the rig that I can. It looks like worse case scenario would be not getting the liner done right away, the auxiliary switches and the cargo system. Easy to add those later. Thanks again
Must have.....
8.4 inch head unit with Alpine speakers
LED lighting
Tow with Aux
Bed cover (same price as after market)
Liner (about the same as after market - I got Linux and it was $650)
Nice to have.....
Remote keyless entry (I didn't get this option. The dealer quoted $400 per door to install)
Personal Preference....
Leather (gets you more stitching and a fold down in the rear seat)
Remote start
Color match hard top and fenders

JTWAVE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Must have.....
8.4 inch head unit with Alpine speakers
LED lighting
Tow with Aux
Bed cover (same price as after market)
Liner (about the same as after market - I got Linux and it was $650)
Nice to have.....
Remote keyless entry (I didn't get this option. The dealer quoted $400 per door to install)
Personal Preference....
Leather (gets you more stitching and a fold down in the rear seat)
Remote start
Color match hard top and fenders
Aftermarket must have......
Hot heads headliner
Your preference of bikini tops

One thing I wish I could do if I could turn back time when I was buying my Gladiator Mojave.....
Make 35 inch tires a part of the deal and make them buy back the 33's.

OP
OP

KAExcaliber

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
Aftermarket must have......
Hot heads headliner
Your preference of bikini tops

One thing I wish I could do if I could turn back time when I was buying my Gladiator Mojave.....
Make 35 inch tires a part of the deal and make them buy back the 33's.
Would they do this? I know a lot of tire places wont even mount 35's to stock rims.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Would they do this? I know a lot of tire places wont even mount 35's to stock rims.
There are a few 35x11.5 options that are approved for the stock 7.5" rims. Nitto Trail Grapplers and Toyo Open Country are two I know of off the top of my head. There might be a few others.

I don't know if any 35x12.5s, which are far more common, are, though. Of course, people fit them anyway.

Mrbizkitt

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU
Occupation
HVAC
I haven't really noticed or thought about the difference in the bed-liners. Correct me if I am wrong but it seemed like the spray on bed-liner was about the same cost from the dealer as it would be from anywhere else?-
Factory bed liner has 3 year warranty, linex has a lifetime.
Sponsored