Sponsored

Trail Cam Dealer / aftermarket option?

bloran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline. Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone seen this on Quadratec's website?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/front-camera-gladiator-jt

Description says it's a replacement and not for adding the feature but the price point is 2X what the option costs on the lot. I can't see the wiring inside the grill but it could be zip-tied to another harness somewhere else. Thought it was interesting that they listed it as the "front camera" and not the Trail camera.
Brutal!!! What the heck is up with that?? I really regret not ordering my Gladiator with the trail cam and was hoping to add it later... looks like that is not going to happen :(
Sponsored

pughboy2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I pulled my front grill last night so I could drop it off today to be Line-X Coated (more on that later). Anyway, I am 99% sure I found the trail camera wiring. There’s a plug off of the horn wire that’s “plugged” into a dummy slot on the front of the grill right where the trail-camera would be if you had it.

bloran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I pulled my front grill last night so I could drop it off today to be Line-X Coated (more on that later). Anyway, I am 99% sure I found the trail camera wiring. There’s a plug off of the horn wire that’s “plugged” into a dummy slot on the front of the grill right where the trail-camera would be if you had it.
Interesting. I hope that it will work out. Was their a fluid line too or just electrical?

pughboy2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Didn’t see a water line but I wasn’t really even looking for the camera plug. Just saw it When some part diagrams come out it should shed some light on the possibility of adding it.

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Has anyone seen this on Quadratec's website?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/front-camera-gladiator-jt

Description says it's a replacement and not for adding the feature but the price point is 2X what the option costs on the lot. I can't see the wiring inside the grill but it could be zip-tied to another harness somewhere else. Thought it was interesting that they listed it as the "front camera" and not the Trail camera.
I don't think this is the trail cam. It's the camera used for adaptive cruise control, mounted against the windshield, behind the rearview mirror.

Sponsored

bloran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

remlemasi

First Name
Elmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
No, that is not it. Check this out. Here are the Trail Cam parts! It is not a "kit" but do you think we can buy all the parts and install ourselves? Would dealership be able to turn it on in the radio unit??

https://parts.chryslerjeepdodgecity...WD/_52016_8238366/Camera-System/i2544007.html
Ooo I like the pricing. I'm wondering if it's essentially plug-and-play with a Tazer session.

Anyone confirm if there is a plug on the harness just waiting for a camera? Does it require an options, like LED lighting?

Last edited:

DylanR

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Researching and considering something like this... maybe a go pro that you can turn on and off with your phone that you could see thru display on your phone??

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
Researching and considering something like this... maybe a go pro that you can turn on and off with your phone that you could see thru display on your phone??
GoPro is too unreliable. I got one to record my daughters softball games and that bitch would turn itself off, not record, or shut off. Both original and my replacement. I think GoPro is probably good for riding your bicycle down a cliff but nothing more.

KennyKustom

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I had the RAX jailbreaker on my 3500 ram. Installed a front cam in the grille.
The best feature, was it came on below 20kph and off when over. Automatically. I was great.

Sponsored

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I had the RAX jailbreaker on my 3500 ram. Installed a front cam in the grille.
The best feature, was it came on below 20kph and off when over. Automatically. I was great.
I installed a beat sonic device that did the same thing for my tacoma and tundra. It triggered at 9 miles an hour. Made parking great.

scuuuud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Abarth, 2017 WRX, 2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Any updates to this? I called my dealer and they said it’s $1000. 600 in parts. 300 for a “programmer” and $100 for labor. The go pro route is garbage. I’ve fried so many of those damn cameras.

DVC

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Any updates to this? I called my dealer and they said it’s $1000. 600 in parts. 300 for a “programmer” and $100 for labor. The go pro route is garbage. I’ve fried so many of those damn cameras.
So they're available now? Did you by chance get s part number?

scuuuud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Abarth, 2017 WRX, 2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Reactions: DVC