Oracle Lighting Playing Reindeer Games

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Ordered the Oracle lighting rear bumper led reverse lights last night and was charged accordingly. Just got an email from Oracle saying that the lights are back ordered and will begin shipping in February!

Be warned, nothing on the website indicating the item is back ordered, and they will charge you three months before delivery.

Hell no, sent email back cancelling the order, now we'll see if anyone responds. If not I'm calling the credit card for refund.

Its not the money, just crappy business practices!
Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
You know - they are on this forum. You could DM them. See if they fix it first. Then you could call them out for doing something positive...

I don't work for them and I don't have any of their products.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
This happens often with high-demand and low-supply items. They attempt to fill your order and the order gets kicked back with an expected date. They then inform you of that date. You can wait, or you can cancel and get a refund. You chose to request a refund instead but haven't given any time to see the result of that.

I don't see what they did wrong. Hell, you got a notification as soon as could be expected, less than 24 hours! Seems like a pretty good business that's on top of their communications to me.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
I always call to confirm stock, ordered some AEV wheels from Quadratec called to confirm stock then ordered, received a couple days later. IMO it is bs to say in stock then it not be when you place your order, with all the technology being used everyone has or should have real time inventory that is updated by stock and purchases.

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
Not everyone can have sites that show live inventory. I would think the fact that you were at least notified it was on B/O after the purchase is a win. Many companies don't even do that and then you have to chase them. Anyone who does not know the supply and demand issues that are rampant in all areas of our economy is pretty disconnected. As for capturing the money at purchase this is normal practice. Every company processes the funds or at least will put a hold on the funds. Imagine if not doing this and then capturing when the item ships and all of a sudden the customers card is now declined isn't very good either.

Like you have done reach out to them and/or DM them here and they will take care of you.

Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I always call to confirm stock, ordered some AEV wheels from Quadratec called to confirm stock then ordered, received a couple days later. IMO it is bs to say in stock then it not be when you place your order, with all the technology being used everyone has or should have real time inventory that is updated by stock and purchases.
Oracle doesn't show a stock status period. So they aren't claiming it either way.

Reactions: Mac

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
You may want to double check what’s stated at checkout on their website…

“Shipping, taxes, and discounts will be calculated at checkout. Certain products may be backordered due to high demand. We will notify you via email of any delay post-purchase.”

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
I think a good point is made here. I buy almost exclusively on-line, don't really want to call. I will typically only buy if it shows available now. If a vendor isn't letting me know up front and then telling me I have to wait, seems like poor business practice. Although with the sales climate the way it is today, do they really care. Most have more people wanting stuff than they have to sell. Kind of looking forward to the day when the seller is at the mercy of the buyer again. I think it will improve customer service and price competiveness. Even though OP may have jumped the gun a bit it will effect if I buy from Oracle based on not knowing if in stock or not.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Ordered the Oracle lighting rear bumper led reverse lights last night and was charged accordingly. Just got an email from Oracle saying that the lights are back ordered and will begin shipping in February!

Be warned, nothing on the website indicating the item is back ordered, and they will charge you three months before delivery.

Hell no, sent email back cancelling the order, now we'll see if anyone responds. If not I'm calling the credit card for refund.

Its not the money, just crappy business practices!
I have a brand new set with plug and play connector that are still in the box. I am willing to sell them. I was going to install them, but saw a video yesterday that if you have LED taillights, that somehow the bumper lights overloaded and shut off after a few seconds. The guy had to use wire taps to get them to work. That kinda defeats the purpose. He said he got with Oracle and they had no answer.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Hi David, we're sorry to see that you are frustrated. Unfortunately, we are not able to display live stock statuses on our site.

However, we do note this prior to checkout with the notice: “Shipping, taxes, and discounts will be calculated at checkout. Certain products may be backordered due to high demand. We will notify you via email of any delay post-purchase.”

Jeep Gladiator Oracle Lighting Playing Reindeer Games Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 10.14.54 AM

We also provide this status via email post-purchase as soon as possible so that you are informed and can decide if you wish to wait.

Of course, we are more than happy to issue you a refund.

Our team has a high volume of requests right now with the holidays, but please feel free to DM us your order number if you would like us to expedite this for you.

We are happy to get this taken care of for you, and we are very active here if you ever need more assistance.

-Rachel

Sponsored

Gohan2374

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 titan xd, ordered 2021 gladiator
Occupation
Retired
If you have non-led gladiator you also have to either a by their LED tail light bulbs or tap into the wiring harness on the trailer plug or have a taser
I guess they mentioned it on their website about the tail light bulbs but I bought mine from Northridge 4x4 where I purchase pretty much everything as they show a stock status and they respond by email quickly

Oh they also offer an extension harness for the kit some have found that the wires are too short depending on how they route them you have to contact them for that

OP
OP
Casique

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Oracle does have great customer service it seems! I communicated with Daina, and all is well.

Its still great to know before you buy whether an item is in stock, a banner statement in small letters is hard to see sometimes.

Toyfrog

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Hi David, we're sorry to see that you are frustrated. Unfortunately, we are not able to display live stock statuses on our site.

However, we do note this prior to checkout with the notice: “Shipping, taxes, and discounts will be calculated at checkout. Certain products may be backordered due to high demand. We will notify you via email of any delay post-purchase.”

Jeep Gladiator Oracle Lighting Playing Reindeer Games Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 10.14.54 AM

We also provide this status via email post-purchase as soon as possible so that you are informed and can decide if you wish to wait.

Of course, we are more than happy to issue you a refund.

Our team has a high volume of requests right now with the holidays, but please feel free to DM us your order number if you would like us to expedite this for you.

We are happy to get this taken care of for you, and we are very active here if you ever need more assistance.

-Rachel
Do y’all have any info on using the plug and play connector with the LED taillights? Saw a video where a guy installed them, but said they cut out after a few seconds, said he had to use wire taps instead of the connector?

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Do y’all have any info on using the plug and play connector with the LED taillights? Saw a video where a guy installed them, but said they cut out after a few seconds, said he had to use wire taps instead of the connector?
I have LED and have had zero issues