Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to do this, I just got Curt harness. Do you remember what color wires the reverse and ground wires are that I would be tapping into by any chance? Im a newb when it comes to this stuff so any help would be great. I looked at the harness from Curt and there was no info on what wire was what. Thaks again
It is the the outside wires on the five pin side. The reverse is Blue and the ground is White.
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
When I think of using the Aux switches all I can think of is running a wire all the way to the back. Ha.

One thing Ford did with the Aux switches on the new bumper is they terminated the leads at different parts on the vehicle. Some in back, some under the hood. One even above the front windshield in case you wanted to install a light bar.
Easy run to the back. Thereā€™s a stock wiring bundle that goes all the way back on the passenger side, and can be followed and zip tied to. Clean and wonā€™t touch anything. Easy as you donā€™t need to reinvent the route. Mine are wired to the reverse circuit and aux switch 4. Works great and was worth the work.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Easy run to the back. Thereā€™s a stock wiring bundle that goes all the way back on the passenger side, and can be followed and zip tied to. Clean and wonā€™t touch anything. Easy as you donā€™t need to reinvent the route. Mine are wired to the reverse circuit and aux switch 4. Works great and was worth the work.
This is good to know. thanks

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Easy run to the back. Thereā€™s a stock wiring bundle that goes all the way back on the passenger side, and can be followed and zip tied to. Clean and wonā€™t touch anything. Easy as you donā€™t need to reinvent the route.
Yup, that's exactly how I wired the X Vision reverse lights. Way too bright to have them come on in reverse all the time, so just on AUX 4.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That works for those WITH aux switches............ but it was awfully hard to justify hundreds of dollars for a set of switches I couldn't yet figure out a use for. Even today, if I had them, I'd be using only 1 or 2.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
That works for those WITH aux switches............ but it was awfully hard to justify hundreds of dollars for a set of switches I couldn't yet figure out a use for. Even today, if I had them, I'd be using only 1 or 2.
Well, in my case at least, the Vision X reverse lights come with a full harness, relay and switch. Since I had the factory switches, I repurposed the rest of the harness for another project.
https://www.visionxusa.com/shop/20-jeep-gladiator-reverse-light-kit/

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, that's exactly how I wired the X Vision reverse lights. Way too bright to have them come on in reverse all the time, so just on AUX 4.
I actually donā€™t mind them for reverse as well, but really wanted them when no one was in the Jeep, or at least when it wasnā€™t in gear. Cheap mod, but one of several I like a lot. I thought about just wiring them only to aux, but installed them for the first month using the harness, as it was easier. :)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Very true, but lots of super cheap two-way switches are available as an alternative to mopar aux switches. I probably wouldnā€™t add them if I didnā€™t have them either.
Sponsored