First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
retired military
Installed reverse lights 2 weeks ago. Worked fine. Don't drive the jeep daily but today, started up and dash says left rear turn bulb out. It isn't but its flashing factory reverse and turn bulb. Swapped bulbs side to side, drivers/passenger, same thing.
Any ideas? All halogen bulbs.
Sponsored

OP
OP
taintedsaint

taintedsaint

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
retired military
Solved. Guess its my turn to complain about Oracle. Seems the plug and play harness, which I paid extra for, has suffered failure in the throughput wires for tail/stop/turn. Removed harness, reconnected light assembly to factory harness and all works. So guess I'll be using the tap method for the Oracle reverse lights. Not pleased obviously. Last Oracle product for me though.

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
Same result after a couple weeks. Used the harness and it stopped working regardless of how tight the plugs were connected. Didn’t want to use the taps, may just sell it off to someone who doesn’t mind tapping into the oem wiring.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Same result after a couple weeks. Used the harness and it stopped working regardless of how tight the plugs were connected. Didn’t want to use the taps, may just sell it off to someone who doesn’t mind tapping into the oem wiring.
Get a Curt T Harness to connect behind the bumper to the Tow Plug. It provides a way to connect to the lights without tapping into the factory wiring. I used it to connect my reverse lights.
CURT 56584 Replacement Vehicle-Side Custom USCAR 5-Pin Trailer Wiring Harness , Black https://a.co/d/ivQlXe5

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Guess its my turn to complain about Oracle. Seems the plug and play harness, which I paid extra for, has suffered failure in the throughput wires for tail/stop/turn. Removed harness, reconnected light assembly to factory harness and all works. So guess I'll be using the tap method for the Oracle reverse lights. Not pleased obviously. Last Oracle product for me though.
I can hardly believe that with an Oracle product.

Sponsored

friskeljr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Air Force
Get a Curt T Harness to connect behind the bumper to the Tow Plug. It provides a way to connect to the lights without tapping into the factory wiring. I used it to connect my reverse lights.
CURT 56584 Replacement Vehicle-Side Custom USCAR 5-Pin Trailer Wiring Harness , Black https://a.co/d/ivQlXe5
how did you go about doing that?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
how did you go about doing that?
You unplug the factory harness from the back of the tow plug, behind the bumper, and then connect the Curt harness. One side connects to the tow plug, and the other connects to the factory harness. It then provides an additional five pin flat towing plug to work with. You can just tap into those wires, but I got a five pin plug mate that has loose wires to connect with. The blue wire is the reverse line, and the white wire is the negative (ground).

CURT 58540 Trailer-Side 5-Pin... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EOWPS6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
yeah, that’s probably my option. I’ve been looking at those brake light led strips that go on the bottom edge of the tailgate that have the harness for the tow plug. Feel better tapping with something that isnt oem. I had some bad experiences with taps and losing important lights like turn signal in a busy city.

friskeljr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Air Force
You unplug the factory harness from the back of the tow plug, behind the bumper, and then connect the Curt harness. One side connects to the tow plug, and the other connects to the factory harness. It then provides an additional five pin flat towing plug to work with. You can just tap into those wires, but I got a five pin plug mate that has loose wires to connect with. The blue wire is the reverse line, and the white wire is the negative (ground).

CURT 58540 Trailer-Side 5-Pin... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EOWPS6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I like that idea/option a lot better.
thank you

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I can hardly believe that with an Oracle product.
There were a few that got out with some wires switched around instead of straight through.
Frankly, as snug as some of these connectors fit, I wonder about them not being fully seated. It took some silicone grease on mine to get them to snap together well.
And I've found that there may be some version issues with the connector shell. I've run into this with my restorations - same shell number, same part number, but company A's shell was extremely tight in Company B's connector. Electric grease to the rescue.

SOME of these connector issues I honestly wonder if a bit of lube and some more trying could resolve the issues.
I refuse to ever "tap" into wires using those slice and dice insulation cutting, wire strand breaking, connectors. I've seen really bad things happen with them.

I removed my Oracle lights and plug and play harness from my 2020 and now have it installed in my 2022 - this time, right side, so I could wire in my aux switch to turn them on a well.
And - zero issues. Make sure it snaps, lube may help.
I like having the extra wiring tucked up where it is safe, dry, away from snow, ice and salt.
The more connections there are, especially down low, or that are "taps", the more chances of trouble. And if this truck gets totaled by some weed-high moron, I can unplug stuff and move it.

Jeep Gladiator Oracle reverse lights, now mysterious bulb out warning 20220728_152905

Sponsored

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
i used the harness and dielectric grease on all connections, especially the ones down near the bumper where the two lights tie in. Zero issues....hope it stays that way

Last edited:

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah, that’s probably my option. I’ve been looking at those brake light led strips that go on the bottom edge of the tailgate that have the harness for the tow plug. Feel better tapping with something that isnt oem. I had some bad experiences with taps and losing important lights like turn signal in a busy city.
I got an additional four pin plug set to attach to the loose wires on the five pin plug mate so that I can also connect a LED strip under the tailgate.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I got an additional four pin plug set to attach to the loose wires on the five pin plug mate so that I can also connect a LED strip under the tailgate.
I think a better option would be to get a 3 pin plug to connect to the 4 pin plug that connects to the 5 pin plug and post a picture and see what sort of questions you get.
You could use a final 2 pin plug - power and ground, to power your LED strip.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Solved. Guess its my turn to complain about Oracle. Seems the plug and play harness, which I paid extra for, has suffered failure in the throughput wires for tail/stop/turn. Removed harness, reconnected light assembly to factory harness and all works. So guess I'll be using the tap method for the Oracle reverse lights. Not pleased obviously. Last Oracle product for me though.
Hey! Before you make any modifications, let me jump in! Another option for you is we can send you another harness and you can split the load, and this would prevent the error. Another suggestion is T tapping into the trailer tow harness, this usually works the best.

If you are interested in T taping it we are happy to provide you a credit for the unused harness you no longer need.

Please keep me in the loop or DM me if you need anything further.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Hey! Before you make any modifications, let me jump in! Another option for you is we can send you another harness and you can split the load, and this would prevent the error. Another suggestion is T tapping into the trailer tow harness, this usually works the best.

If you are interested in T taping it we are happy to provide you a credit for the unused harness you no longer need.

Please keep me in the loop or DM me if you need anything further.
I had actually wondered about doing that as a solution in some cases - your lights don't have a huge draw, but these systems really monitor things closely and anything out of range can trigger an error.

(I had thought about buying a second harness for my setup for another reason - I run your lights from an aux switch through diodes. This means, though, that only your lights come on with my switch and not the factory lights. I'd like to rig it so that the original and Oracle lights come on with the switch and the easiest way is another harness the way I have things laid out)

Jeep Gladiator Oracle reverse lights, now mysterious bulb out warning 20220728_153407_HDR

These will be plenty bright to help when I load up my cars on the trailer in the dark - this shot was in the daylight, sun streaming into my garage and the garage lights on......

Jeep Gladiator Oracle reverse lights, now mysterious bulb out warning 20220728_153350
Sponsored