Sponsored

Overland - I’m sure it’s been asked before (apologies in advance)

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Sadly you can’t get Max Tow on the Overland. I wish you could, as that would perfectly meet my needs.
well. That sucks. And let me guess? Can't add leather to the Sport S???

Fuck it. Just get a Mojave.
Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Overland is very capable, you say your not doing hard core off roading and are not doing anything to the truck other then 35" tires and a lift, that is actually doing something, espicially with the 3.73 axle ratio on the overland, only two reasons to put 35s and lift on is for off road performance or so it looks good, and I think the split among all the guys that do it is somewhere around fifty / fifty. ShadowsPapa might chime in here as he picked up a set of 33" Rubicon takeoffs and runs them on his Overland at times. You didn't mention towing, but the 35s will affect how it tows., and perception of power , Shadowspapa has pictures both ways, and getting takeoff Rubicon or Mojave tires and wheels can be as cheap as buying a set of tires. Mojave rims might be a great match as they have a bit more offset to give you the big tire look on the Overland with 33s.......Jack

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Kurt, causing trouble again I see, hey not everyone can handle a Mojave....LOL!

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I guess although Kurt is just having fun, I have to say I was looking at the Overland when I started , but tow trailers at 4-4500 lbs., and started drifting towards a Rubicon, for the 4.10 axle gearing, even though I didn't need the lockers and sway bar disconnect. Then the Mojave came out at same price point and didn't have the things I didn't need, even the rear locker I don't NEED, as I would really prefer a anti slip rear instead, better for my needs.
I never looked back, got the Mojave, and now love it,
i won't be lifting it, and as for tires if I change it will to go with a bit narrower one, same height.....Jack

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I guess although Kurt is just having fun, I have to say I was looking at the Overland when I started , but tow trailers at 4-4500 lbs., and started drifting towards a Rubicon, for the 4.10 axle gearing, even though I didn't need the lockers and sway bar disconnect. Then the Mojave came out at same price point and didn't have the things I didn't need, even the rear locker I don't NEED, as I would really prefer a anti slip rear instead, better for my needs.
I never looked back, got the Mojave, and now love it,
i won't be lifting it, and as for tires if I change it will to go with a bit narrower one, same height.....Jack
Are you still looking to tow 4-5000 lbs? It might be difficult with the Mojave.
Only option that can't be added on the max tow that is in the Overland, is leather.

Sponsored

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Towed the 4500 camper already not a problem, even in the hills of Pa.,other then I am used to towing with a V-8 Suburban. Mojave has everything the Maxtow has other then stiffer shocks and smaller tires, and there was no issue there. Towing 6,000 plus pounds with a small V-6 with any Gladiator, is a bit much in my view......Jack

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Are you still looking to tow 4-5000 lbs? It might be difficult with the Mojave.
Only option that can't be added on the max tow that is in the Overland, is leather.
You can get leather and max tow on the sport s. The biggest differences are the step and body colored hard top.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
You can get leather and max tow on the sport s. The biggest differences are the step and body colored hard top.
You can get the Mopar Katskinz leather, but not the stitched leather top dash pad, steering wheel and armrests (door and centre counsel) like the Overland does. You still get the plastic dash and other bits even when optioned with leather.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiat 124 Spider, 2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You can get the Mopar Katskinz leather, but not the stitched leather top dash pad, steering wheel and armrests (door and centre counsel) like the Overland does. You still get the plastic dash and other bits even when optioned with leather.
Correct. Overland gets you stitched door armrests and center console, stitched top and front of the dashboard, and a fold down rear armrest with built-in cup holders.

Overland also includes unique fenders that accommodate LED turn signals*, the aforementioned side steps, and additional sound insulation. On JL, it also includes the big brake kit; I can’t speak on JT if it does or doesn’t.

*You can’t really add LED turn signals to Sport fenders; for some reason aftermarket suppliers have developed LEDs that retrofit only Overland and Rubicon/Mojave fenders.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Guys, I’m strongly considering an overland but the more I think about it’s lack of off-road capabilities (maybe I’m wrong?)
The Rubicon is best for rock crawling and the Mojave is best for sand at speed (plus maybe pot-holed roads up north).

In between those extremes, any of the other trim levels will do just fine off-road if you know what you are doing and don't try anything stupid. (Maybe those two are the same).

Sponsored

Crazy Jeep

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Who are some of the users on here with overland builds that I can look at?
I have an Overland that I have built and crawl with. Only disappointment I have is lack of locker options at this time.

3.5" Metalcloak
4.88 gears
37" Tires
Full Skid Plates

IMG_0172.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Overland is very capable, you say your not doing hard core off roading and are not doing anything to the truck other then 35" tires and a lift, that is actually doing something, espicially with the 3.73 axle ratio on the overland, only two reasons to put 35s and lift on is for off road performance or so it looks good, and I think the split among all the guys that do it is somewhere around fifty / fifty. ShadowsPapa might chime in here as he picked up a set of 33" Rubicon takeoffs and runs them on his Overland at times. You didn't mention towing, but the 35s will affect how it tows., and perception of power , Shadowspapa has pictures both ways, and getting takeoff Rubicon or Mojave tires and wheels can be as cheap as buying a set of tires. Mojave rims might be a great match as they have a bit more offset to give you the big tire look on the Overland with 33s.......Jack
Love this truck. I think I like the Overland wheels better........ but need the A/T tires in the winter.

Jeep Gladiator Overland - I’m sure it’s been asked before (apologies in advance) 20201216_125056_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Overland - I’m sure it’s been asked before (apologies in advance) 20201216_125118_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Overland - I’m sure it’s been asked before (apologies in advance) 20200923_151305_HDR

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
As many of us Overland owners have written, some of us got the Overland because of the nicer interior. I couldn't see spending significantly more on the Rubicon, considering the different interior and my not needing ALL of its capabilities. I'm not knocking the Rubicon one bit - it just wasn't for me. I liked the Overland's amenities - leather interior, upgraded sound system, larger screen and nav, etc. I know some of these are available on other models (or can be added post-purchase), I just liked the model they had on the floor at the time.

All that being said, I think you'll find the Overland more than capable - I have taken it out into different desert-based settings and have had no issues at all with hills, rocks, streams, mud, etc. Granted, none of these have been 'extreme' outings, but that's also not what I'm looking for.

I've done a few mods - 2" Rubicon Express lift/leveling kit, 35" Nittos, interior grab handles, Mopar splash guards, and a few others - and am pleased with my JT's looks, performance, and abilities. As others have said - you're getting a Jeep 4x4 nonetheless.
Jeep Gladiator Overland - I’m sure it’s been asked before (apologies in advance) 20201229_102943_resized_1

sbach66

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Culinary Operations Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Love this truck. I think I like the Overland wheels better........ but need the A/T tires in the winter.

Jeep Gladiator Overland - I’m sure it’s been asked before (apologies in advance) 20201229_102943_resized_1

I think I've asked this before, so apologies for repeating, how much MPG do you lose going to the 33s?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I think I've asked this before, so apologies for repeating, how much MPG do you lose going to the 33s?
VERY LITTLE.
Here's the truth of the matter related to tire sizes:
Overland stock tires = 32.2"
Rubicon Falken A/T tires = 32.8"
That's a whopping .6" difference. Big deal.
A bit over half an inch - not 1" as people keep 'suggesting'.
I believe there's about 2" difference in width, that would have some minor impact.
There's weight difference, I don't have the exact figures handy but likely only 60-80 pounds difference total, all 4 considered.
Our trip to Fort Wayne last February (gee almost a year ago already) we really didn't see much difference, but it would be hard to tell from that due to the fact it was COLD.
Seems to me we were still doing over 20 mpg at 60 mph, about 19 at 70 mph. It's more difference between summer and winter with these trucks than anything else.
Sponsored