Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
249539B7-2777-486F-ACC0-5123BF190573.jpeg
Here is my Overcon. Nice on the inside, Rubi take off outside;
Suspension, Rails and Skid plate.
I figured for me, it is easier to do the outside, because I was going to make the changes anyway....

Sponsored

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
249539B7-2777-486F-ACC0-5123BF190573.jpeg
Here is my Overcon. Nice on the inside, Rubi take off outside;
Suspension, Rails and Skid plate.
I figured for me, it is easier to do the outside, because I was going to make the changes anyway....
looks great

Rdaharsh1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (Overland)
I did the same thing. New front bumper & Winch $800, 35's $1100, 2.5 "Icon suspension lift $1100,next up $2K for 4.56 gears and lockers. My Overcon is more capable in regards to offroading than the stock rubi once the gearing and lockers are done. The problem with the rubicon is 33's kinda suck, Fox shocks are ok, and 4.10s will need replacing if you go to 35's. Why spend several thousand for 33's, 4.10, and mopar lift when you will change it later anyways. Just my .002. Oh and resell I'm never getting rid of this truck not worried.
20200112_135040.jpg

Buzzlb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland: The Overcon ‘82 CJ-7
Build Thread
Link
Get what you want and are going to actually use, and you will be satisfied with the result.

Reasons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KL Cherokee Trailhawk, JT Gladiator RUBICON
Occupation
Enabler
I did the same thing. New front bumper & Winch $800, 35's $1100, 2.5 "Icon suspension lift $1100,next up $2K for 4.56 gears and lockers. My Overcon is more capable in regards to offroading than the stock rubi once the gearing and lockers are done. The problem with the rubicon is 33's kinda suck, Fox shocks are ok, and 4.10s will need replacing if you go to 35's. Why spend several thousand for 33's, 4.10, and mopar lift when you will change it later anyways. Just my .002. Oh and resell I'm never getting rid of this truck not worried.
20200112_135040.jpg
Replace 4.10 when going 35?

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I was planning on getting a Rubicon, but the incentives are a lot better on the Overland. My Overland with the trashlock in the rear will do everything I need it to do and I hate the red on the dash that most of the Rubicons have. I’ll get a set of Rubicon take offs and swap out my chrome Jeep badges and be happy and save like $2500 and I have a really nice Jeep. These street tires and chrome badges have got to go though. All I see when I look at it is these terrible Dueler H/Ts.

Sponsored

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
I was planning on getting a Rubicon, but the incentives are a lot better on the Overland. My Overland with the trashlock in the rear will do everything I need it to do and I hate the red on the dash that most of the Rubicons have. I’ll get a set of Rubicon take offs and swap out my chrome Jeep badges and be happy and save like $2500 and I have a really nice Jeep. These street tires and chrome badges have got to go though. All I see when I look at it is these terrible Dueler H/Ts.
:CWL:

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
It has nothing to do with insecurities but has everything to do with marketing. The Sahara and Overland models are geared more towards women.
Wow. Ok. Yeah, I’m a chick because I saved several thousand dollars and got something that’s going to be more comfortable to DD (I drive 20k/yr) and in my Sting Gray will look damn good after some 33” A/Ts. I live in NC, I had a JKU Rubicon when I lived in CO. I did as much off-roading as I could there. It was a 6 speed, does that make me more manly? Anyway, I do like to off-road, but there isn’t anything I’ll do here that I can’t do in an Overland. Hell, my GMC Canyon All Terrain did everything I threw at it here without breaking a sweat and it was IFS (OMFG).

If anything, saying that one model is more feminine than another makes you look insecure like the little guys driving big jacked up trucks to compensate. I’m secure in myself. I hope you are too and this is a big misunderstanding.

Pug

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Wife has 2020 Rubicon JL. 4.10 gears. When I bought my Overland I was negotiating between a Rubicon Gladiator and Rubicon Overland. Rubicon had 4.10. Which was a plus to me. Ended up going with Overland due to incentives that reduced price significantly.

Diaster

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Teacher-Retired Firefighter
Overland

“More of a feminine model”
Better daily driver
More luxurious
seriously! You gonna go with that? Haha personally
I like the Overland styling And with a few bucks,, around 2500,it can run a rubi into the ground (cost comes to the same with 2 inches of lift and bigger tires) And of note, serious “macho” Off-roaders change the gears, tires, suspension, fenders, rock sliders, bumpers, skid plates and (feminine) push button sway bar disconnects anyway. So weighing in all that, best Money spent for a masculine truck as you would put it, is an Overland modded out. When you run 38s or better, axles, trusses ball joints, hydraulic steering and more mods come out of the woodwork. Just check out Northridge builds if you doubt what I am saying.
Sponsored