OP

Thatrabbitfoot

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Does Sport S no tow package still have the trailer hitch?
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I wonder if the brakes are bigger on Overland i have one but with the regular tow package because there is no max tow on Overland. Anyway my brakes are huge.
I think my sport brakes have little room between caliper and rim, but i suppose yours could be wider or with multiple pistons.

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
You may be on to something there. I do know they said the "best in class towing" is on the base sport not the sport s. It even says it on the build tool when you click info on the base sport. But everyone has said with the sport s with max tow it's 7650. If that's the case that the sport s max tow only gets 6k and only if you get the bare bones sport you get the 7650 max tow then it adds more confusion because even the Rubicon gets 7k with regular tow. I'm as confused as you now lol
The Rubicon already has the axles with the 4.10 gears. The tow package adds the extra cooling, and at that point the powertrain is the same as the Sport S with max tow.

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
Does Sport S no tow package still have the trailer hitch?
Sport or Sport S no tow, no max tow packages does not have the hitch. It has a spot on the rear bumper you can attach a ball.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
I wonder if the brakes are bigger on Overland i have one but with the regular tow package because there is no max tow on Overland. Anyway my brakes are huge.
I'm pretty sure I read that Overland and Rubicon (and sport max tow) get bigger brakes. Could be why the overland is 6000lbs towing with tow package and sport is only 4500lbs (with tow but without max tow).

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Dillon:

The differences between the Overland and Sport S are listed on the Gladiator page on the Jeep website. Click on the link, "View Model Comparison" below the text SELECT YOUR GLADIATOR.
upload_2019-8-9_7-42-34.png

I have been looking at this quite a bit. LED lights are not an option on the sport S. The only thing the Overland gets me that I want is the LED lights. The LED lights for me becomes a ~$3000 option when I compare the two models with similar builds.
You can get the LED taillights on a Sport S, I have them.

Sponsored

AlphaCluster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Says LED Taillamps are you saying its actually led headlights also
Nope just the tail lights but why not use aftermarket for he fronts anyways? Those are the ones your really want bright. I like he idea of tails just for not probably having to replace them.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Not an option on jeep.com?
I think Jeep changes things.
I notice when I was looking putting together my Sport S, it stated that the Max tow included painted fenders shortly after that, the wording changed and mine came with black fenders.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Main differences are comfort and appearance items like seats and radio, dash. paint matched fenders and roof are significantly better looking than the black ones imo, though I know others prefer the black. Neighbor is buy a Wrangler and is specifically getting the black top.

Gladmiker

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Does anyone know what the overland has standard that the sport s does not?
The average packaged overland comes with LED headlights and tail lights and fog lamps.the larger LCD screen, power charging extra outlets, leather, larger rims, painted fender, (although I have a sport s and it came with painted fenders also),painted 3 piece top and side step boards. Oh yeah and the dimming rear view mirror:)
Sponsored