Panoramic Hard Top Roof

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Jesus does this every die? They have been dicking with this since the JK and the problems are always the same; solar oven, scratches, hazing/crazing and leakage & infiltration.

The only way this works is with a fixed roof and real glass like Maybach did with the privacy glass option. I've seen some where they do all 4 sections as pop-up, like the old aftermarket moon roofs but at that point you mind as well save the time and chuck a bucket of trail dust in yourself and be done with it.

And in closing, imagine these with some humid sunlight, 110 in the shade ain't got nothing on 95 degrees and 95%... you'll sweat the starch out of shirts you aren't even wearing. Like it's just about rain but for some damn reason won't!

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
OMG with this for anyone in TX, NM, AZ or S.E. coastal states.. I don't even want to think about what that would be like, in August by Savannah GA. or like locations you would be steamed. Now on west coast or north west maybe.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I personally know someone who has this installed in their Gladiator. His biggest complaint...you guessed it...it's hot as hell (especially in Houston). He even has suction cup solar shades on each of the windows to keep the sun out, which pretty much defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
So wait, he spent 1200 bucks (yup!) to let all the sun in, then spent more money to keep it out, after spending the option cost for the hard top? If i had his money i wouldnt need mine.

Too funny.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Dirty deeds done dirt cheap.
I'm trying to talk myself into giving up hookers and blow and getting a Clearlidz top. Half-kidding, I'm just thinking of getting the clear top. It's very expensive, but I figure...I'm over 50, YOLO, time to enjoy some of that money I've been saving through the years sooner, rather than later.

Regarding the greenhouse issue, I plan to use the clear top during the cooler months, and use the solid Freedom Panels in the summertime.

My Jeep is a daily driver, and isn't lifted, so it'll fit in my garage at home, and in the parking garage at work, so day-to-day, I don't have to worry much about sun. I think I've talked myself into it...help!
Sponsored