First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Superintendent
So I’ve done a lot of reading on this but all the posts /info I’ve seen is a couple years old.
Is there still no option to have the passenger seat heat come on with a remote start?
It looks like it can be done with a Tazer but just doesn’t make sense why it wouldn’t be a setting from the factory since I can choose it to come on on all starts or remote starts only
Every other vehicle I’ve had with heated seats it could happen.
Sponsored

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
Check out the Tazer Mini; I think it has a setting for that.

alwhite

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, Honda Element
Occupation
Librarian
Seems like it would be simple to add with a software update, but as of now, i use the tazer to do this.

OP
OP
Savage1

Savage1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Superintendent
Seems like it would be simple to add with a software update, but as of now, i use the tazer to do this.
I kinda figured it was still the only way to do it, I guess I was just hopping I was missing something

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, not missing something
But the Taser Mini has so many awesome options, it's well worth every penny.
I can't recommend it enough.

The Turn Cam option [Rear view camera comes on when you turn on your blinkers] when towing a trailer is freaking awesome.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Nope, not missing something
But the Taser Mini has so many awesome options, it's well worth every penny.
I can't recommend it enough.
Now with the trail turn assist. Awesome feature!

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Hell yea!!

taintedsaint

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
retired military
So I’ve done a lot of reading on this but all the posts /info I’ve seen is a couple years old.
Is there still no option to have the passenger seat heat come on with a remote start?
It looks like it can be done with a Tazer but just doesn’t make sense why it wouldn’t be a setting from the factory since I can choose it to come on on all starts or remote starts only
Every other vehicle I’ve had with heated seats it could happen.
On my 2021, in the Connect screen on dash there was a Comfort setting if I remember correctly to tell it what to do on remote start.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD

Dlish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Plastics
On my 2021, in the Connect screen on dash there was a Comfort setting if I remember correctly to tell it what to do on remote start.
Exactly. In the settings on my 21 you can control it

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Love -guy asks if there is still no factory option or setting to do passenger seat heat on remote stars, understands if can be done with tazer but wanted to be sure he wasn't missing something and the "buy the tazer" super-sales team jump in with "buy a tazer!"
LOL - the answer to climate change, gas prices, icy roads, pigeon poop on statues, it's all the same device.

Anyway, he knows tazer can do it, he was asking if he was missing something otherwise.
Apparently anyone who buys a tazer gets kickback for every device the help sell.

Just musing about it all.

Yeah, to do anything at all with a Jeep you must spend another 200-300 for a device to plug into it.

It looks like it can be done with a Tazer

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly. In the settings on my 21 you can control it
Passenger side, too??

I believe you can with Grand Cherokee but I'd have to triple check that.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Love -guy asks if there is still no factory option or setting to do passenger seat heat on remote stars, understands if can be done with tazer but wanted to be sure he wasn't missing something and the "buy the tazer" super-sales team jump in with "buy a tazer!"
LOL - the answer to climate change, gas prices, icy roads, pigeon poop on statues, it's all the same device.

Anyway, he knows tazer can do it, he was asking if he was missing something otherwise.
Apparently anyone who buys a tazer gets kickback for every device the help sell.

Just musing about it all.

Yeah, to do anything at all with a Jeep you must spend another 200-300 for a device to plug into it.
Pretty much ... Until jeeps provides the option sans aftermarket. On VWs and Audis, it was OBDeleven. If there's a solution, why not? Yes it's expensive, but I mean, even on the low end of the spectrum, these are $35000 trucks. Add a tazer, and it's 35300. It's just not that much, in the grand scheme, if you're looking to do customizations. It doesn't have to be a tazer. I suppose the jscan and alfaobd can do it too, but you need some kind of programmer.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty much ... Until jeeps provides the option sans aftermarket. On VWs and Audis, it was OBDeleven. If there's a solution, why not? Yes it's expensive, but I mean, even on the low end of the spectrum, these are $35000 trucks. Add a tazer, and it's 35300. It's just not that much, in the grand scheme, if you're looking to do customizations. It doesn't have to be a tazer. I suppose the jscan and alfaobd can do it too, but you need some kind of programmer.
But he asked if there was a way in the vehicle itself and it just seems instead of trying to find it or answer.....................
And then someone comes in with a comment that makes me think - it might be possible in settings.

I can only speak to 2020 models - 2021 and 2022 MAY be different, but for a 2020, it can't be done without some accessory such as tazer, etc.

Jeep Gladiator Passenger heated seat on remote start. 1642904871117

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
But he asked if there was a way in the vehicle itself and it just seems instead of trying to find it or answer.....................
And then someone comes in with a comment that makes me think - it might be possible in settings.
On mine, at least, it is not. Comfort settings are driver side only, sans tazer (or other programmer...). But I don't have remote start (2021 Rubicon with CWP, but manual, so no remote start).
Sponsored