First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor
I purchased the HikeIt X9 controller for my JT as it was half the cost of the PC and is a better unit all around. I will say that this little device is awesome! It woke my throttle response up and I use several different modes. When wheeling I Use eco mode which helps throttle response when working a line. For everyday driving I have it in Cruise mode setting 5 or 6, it helps get my heavy 35’s rolling and when I want I drive like a banshee with the top and door off I will dive it in Hike mode!
Jeep Gladiator Pedal commander E829703B-4A21-4092-A2B8-7EDEF5D1B864
Sponsored

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Do you you guys remove these before going to the dealer?

I'm kind of leaning towards the pc because of the Bluetooth control. I'd like to be able to hide the controller out of the way. Any feedback on how well the app works?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Come drive my JT, bet you won't call it "super responsive"
I've come close to disaster because I've given it the gas to QUICKLY get out of the way and it went "BLAHHHHH" then finally kicked in. May be traction control doing that but even my little 4.0 would have responded more quickly and it's a heavy long stroke engine.

Thing is on this sort of thing - most people are talking manual transmissions where it makes a big difference, mine is an automatic. Haven't heard from people installing on automatic-equipped JTs.

ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor
I've come close to disaster because I've given it the gas to QUICKLY get out of the way and it went "BLAHHHHH" then finally kicked in. May be traction control doing that but even my little 4.0 would have responded more quickly and it's a heavy long stroke engine.

Thing is on this sort of thing - most people are talking manual transmissions where it makes a big difference, mine is an automatic. Haven't heard from people installing on automatic-equipped JTs.
Mine is installed on a Automatic JT and I have had zero issues. Even had the truck in for warranty work at the dealer with zero issues.

ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
F-35 Weapons Instructor

I'm kind of leaning towards the pc because of the Bluetooth control. I'd like to be able to hide the controller out of the way. Any feedback on how well the app works?
I left mine installed when I took mine to the dealer. I only removed my Tazer but the Throttle controller was still hooked up but I did put it in the off mode.

Sponsored

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave

I have mine completely out of sight, & have had no problems making setting changes with the app. Works really well.
Here is a post link showing where I have it hid.
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...f-you-with-pedal-commanders.47097/post-759635
Hope this is a help.
Dave

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer

redriderjf87

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
Would be curious to hear feedback on any of these units from someone with a stick, specifically after an upshift. That's when I've noticed it to be the worst, it feels like it's going in a shock mode or something depending on rpm or how fast letting off the clutch(?)

IPRoutes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave 2023 Bright White
Occupation
Sr. Network Architect
What settings are you guys using for Pedal Commander?
Just installed it on my Mohave M/T but haven't started the vehicle yet.
Just want to get an idea on what would be the optimum setting for city and highway daily driving.

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
What settings are you guys using for Pedal Commander?
Just installed it on my Mohave M/T but haven't started the vehicle yet.
Just want to get an idea on what would be the optimum setting for city and highway daily driving.
Usually have mine set a the City +1 or +2 setting, and works really well. My truck has the automatic trans.
It's super easy to make setting changes with the phone app. Just make sure that you make changes with it parked & idling. Don't want to change settings with your foot on the gas pedal or it can screw things up.

Dave

Sponsored

JRODZ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Truck Driver
I agree w/ospreyfe55, what a difference. Mines a 21 gasser auto. I've got it on sport/tow 3, & I'm impressed. I like the fact that it feels like there's something actually under my hood now! Acceleration w/my 35" mudders is effortless now. It says in the manual that you can unplug the head unit but leave hooked up at the pedal, if goin to a dealer. I've got the xs model, which has the ability to do this. You can get up to speed quicker, then just cruise. Instead of constantly mashing the pedal. Wish that I'd done it sooner!

IPRoutes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sr. Network Architect
Usually have mine set a the City +1 or +2 setting, and works really well. My truck has the automatic trans.
It's super easy to make setting changes with the phone app. Just make sure that you make changes with it parked & idling. Don't want to change settings with your foot on the gas pedal or it can screw things up.

Dave
Thanks. I also started in City +2 and it seems like a different vehicle. Very satisfied with it.
I also mounted on the side wall so I am forced to make any change only when it is stationary and with door open for me to reach the buttons.

Jeep Gladiator Pedal commander 1674696307111

IPRoutes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sr. Network Architect
2 more questions regarding the Pedal Commander:

1. I have been noticing that once in a while, my setting changes after the JT is powered off. Initially I started with City 2, but the next day I noticed that the setting changed to City 1. Then when I reset to City 3, a day later, the setting changed by itself to City 2. And today afternoon, I was at City 3 when I started from home, but as I was returning home, I noticed again that it went back down to City 2. Does this happen to anyone else?

2. What happens if the Pedal Commander stops working or dies while driving? Could a hazardous situation occur or or there any safety mechanisms in place that if it dies or some wires get loose, will the throttle just won't respond?

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
2 more questions regarding the Pedal Commander:

1. I have been noticing that once in a while, my setting changes after the JT is powered off. Initially I started with City 2, but the next day I noticed that the setting changed to City 1. Then when I reset to City 3, a day later, the setting changed by itself to City 2. And today afternoon, I was at City 3 when I started from home, but as I was returning home, I noticed again that it went back down to City 2. Does this happen to anyone else?

2. What happens if the Pedal Commander stops working or dies while driving? Could a hazardous situation occur or or there any safety mechanisms in place that if it dies or some wires get loose, will the throttle just won't respond?
Great questions!

IPRoutes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sr. Network Architect
Great questions!
I sent an email to Pedal Commander support team this morning. I didn't see a phone call option on their "Contact Us" page. I will share as soon as they respond.
BTW, maybe I am old fashioned, but I don't feel comfortable using a product of a company that does not offer a phone option for customer support. 😐
Sponsored