Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JT Mojave, '22 WL75 Overland, 21' BMW M1000RR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah earlier is definitely better, by mid afternoon it'll definitely have some traffic and be loaded with ATV's if the weather is nice. @JTBurns what time do you want to get this party started? I recommend we start in the main lot at the south end and head north. Have lunch in the open area GOCAMPN mentioned, and then head to the north end parking lot. Woodstock tower is 3min away from north end parking lot, worth checking out if you've never been there. Then those that are camping can setup camp at Little Fort. Personally I won't be camping because I live relatively close. I want to do the trail in reverse once we are done, some of the obstacles are a little bit more challenging that way (and Peters Mill isn't exactly the most challenging trail) so want to make the most of it while im out there
Sponsored

OP
OP
JTBurns

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Yeah earlier is definitely better, by mid afternoon it'll definitely have some traffic and be loaded with ATV's if the weather is nice. @JTBurns what time do you want to get this party started? I recommend we start in the main lot at the south end and head north. Have lunch in the open area GOCAMPN mentioned, and then head to the north end parking lot. Woodstock tower is 3min away from north end parking lot, worth checking out if you've never been there. Then those that are camping can setup camp at Little Fort. Personally I won't be camping because I live relatively close. I want to do the trail in reverse once we are done, some of the obstacles are a little bit more challenging that way (and Peters Mill isn't exactly the most challenging trail) so want to make the most of it while im out there
Starting off in the morning sounds great. I'd think we shoot to get there for about 8 or 9 and hit the trail when everyone is ready. Never been there so definitely open to how people want to maneuver the trail and since we'll be down there, open to hit some different areas on Sunday as well

Rburns1776

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
I say we shoot for 9 then since it looks like people are going to be making some treks to get there. Leave the parking lot by 10 and that'll put us at the midpoint by lunchtime

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
It all sounds great. I’m in. I’ll be there Sunday too.

Sponsored

cshoem286

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SportS Max Tow (Custom Order)
Occupation
IT Architect
Working on logistics, but I think I can make it so ADD me to the list! I will use campground and my RTT.

Scott L

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon Gecko
Occupation
Depends who you ask
Count me in please this is super close but I've never done any local trails. Not that I don't want to but we just got our Gladiator and haven't had any opportunities yet.

Karmageddon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JT Rubicon
Occupation
Cyber Security
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, this is coming together nicely! I saw somewhere too we have to get a pass. It costs like $5-$10 and you can order it online or get it at a few places down there. I put up another post when I track down the info
The pass is $5.00 per day or $12 for 3 days. You can buy it at nearby convenience stores, at the local ranger station or by snail mail (not available online). Don't go without a permit, they do issue citations. https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/gwj/recarea/?recid=73965

Campgrounds in the area do get pretty busy, especially on holiday weekends. Make reservations early. There are also some free back country campsites in the national forest as well as a good number of FCFS sites in the NF and NP campgrounds.

Maccam26

First Name
Marc-Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Booked my hotel in Staunton which is on the return for us. So we are 100% now.

OP
OP
JTBurns

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Gonna just post a tentative plan / attendee list here and in the original post. Let me know if you plan on coming and I missed you.

When? 7/2 9:00AM

Where: South end of the trail.

Who's going?
JTBurns
@NachoRuby
@John in the Woods
@Karmageddon
@Rburns1776
@Scott L
@Maccam26
@cshoem286
@GOCAMPN

Plan to air down, anything else to get ready and hit the trail by 10 or earlier. We'll stop midway to grab a bite and stretch our legs. Then possibly double back and run the trail again. Don't forget to get a pass:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/gwj/recarea/?recid=73965

For those who've been there before, how long does it take to run the trail? I think I read on the BOH app, it's about 2-3 hours? I don't mind taking my time either way.

Suggested extracurriculars:
Luray Caverns
Harper's Ferry
Potential craft show and fireworks at Bryce that weekend
Woodstock Tower

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rburns1776

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
Look like an awesome plan to me. Looking forward to it. Just word of caution, the Taskers Gap side is restricted to ATV/Motorcycles only

OP
OP
JTBurns

JTBurns

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Look like an awesome plan to me. Looking forward to it. Just word of caution, the Taskers Gap side is restricted to ATV/Motorcycles only
Okay thanks for clarifying! I wasn't sure f4om what I was looking at earlier if there was a Jeep trail there or not

Rburns1776

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Information Security
Vehicle Showcase
Okay thanks for clarifying! I wasn't sure f4om what I was looking at earlier if there was a Jeep trail there or not
Technically there IS short stretch on that side that we are allowed on but it's basically a fire road to get to the atv trails. Also, for extracurriculars, Woodstock tower is really close to the north end of Petersmill, worth checking out if you've never been before

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
I'm still good for this, if we stop in the middle to BS and eat or anything it'll be 3 or more hours. Straight through is 2-2.5 but there are some great photo opportunities if we take it slow. Starting in the South means getting a pass from a local gas station in Edinburg just FYI everyone. Also, Verizon experience here: service works great on the South end but there will be no service at the North end where we finish at. So look at a map first so you can estimate yourself back into civilization while you regain service.

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
Gonna just post a tentative plan / attendee list here and in the original post. Let me know if you plan on coming and I missed you.

When? 7/2 9:00AM

Where: South end of the trail.

Who's going?
JTBurns
@NachoRuby
@John in the Woods
@Karmageddon
@Rburns1776
@Scott L
@Maccam26
@cshoem286
@GOCAMPN
@Darel - tentative
@MKC JT - Are you in?

Plan to air down, anything else to get ready and hit the trail by 10 or earlier. We'll stop midway to grab a bite and stretch our legs. Then possibly double back and run the trail again. Don't forget to get a pass:

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/gwj/recarea/?recid=73965

For those who've been there before, how long does it take to run the trail? I think I read on the BOH app, it's about 2-3 hours? I don't mind taking my time either way.

Suggested extracurriculars:
Luray Caverns
Harper's Ferry
Potential craft show and fireworks at Bryce that weekend
I also saw Tasker's Gap recommended as a nearby similar trail that we can hit maybe the 3rd for anyone who is around that day?
I won't be able to make it.
Sponsored