Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
After lurking and hoping, I’m finally ready to place my order… kind of. Ideally I’d want to have a house, but the market is crap right now.

Any who, Jim Marsh in Vegas gave me roughly 5% below invoice. I emailed Kent just to see if he can beat it. I like ordering locally but picking up a JT in Idaho then driving through Salt Lake and back down into Vegas seems fitting for getting a Jeep custom built.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Update: Same tangential datapoint as before, but now with more detail. My dad's quote on a Ram was maybe slightly more than 1% below invoice with Tread Lightly. So, nothing to write home about. Maybe different with Jeeps.

PnwGladiatorBuild

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf TDI , 2022 JTRD
Just confirmed the qoute I got from them(Kent) is NOT 8% under invoice, it is 6% which isn't bad it just off putting when people say 8% so my expectations where sky high. They said they give UP TO an 8% under invoice price but due to the "shortage" its only 6% and I have to use their lender I believe. I think Gulpton is still the better deal imo.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
8% under in the Rockies? This is noteworthy! Just passed along to my dad (actively looking to buy a Ram) and I'll be watching this very closely. Keep us posted!
Kent also does a similar program for RAM. Tell your dad to give'm a call

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Not sure about RAM trucks but I've always heard Kellogg Idaho always has the best deals on Cummins Diesels.

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
Kent also does a similar program for RAM. Tell your dad to give'm a call
I emailed my dad a link to this thread, explained how the whole thing typically works (Tread Lightly + financing + special order), he called and asked for and talked to Kent, and was quoted slightly less than 1% under invoice. MSRP is in the $72K range, invoice is around $69K, and the $ below invoice was $620. 5% under would be ~3.5K under invoice. No dice.

He also called Elliot in SLC, and I think the story was similar. For that, it's easier to just find a local dealer willing to participate in the Tread Lightly program.

Billyrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer and Saturn Sky
Occupation
retired
Here's a snippet from my purchase order - the total price of 56,525 is calculated as MSRP, but the discounted price is based on invoice - otherwise I got 12.5% below MSRP. So we do mean invoice price. At the time I had the price guide and calculated the invoice price for my order and 49408 came in about 7% below that.
1628914295350.png
My MSRP Total price was 49,165.00 and then with Groupon discounts :
Pricing would be as follows:
$44387 (standard order pricing below factory invoice)
$43915 (standard order pricing; Must have Tread Lightly Control #)
$43443 (standard order pricing; Must have Tread Lightly Control # AND dealer arranged financing)
All prices are plus $499 doc fee and $7.50 for a 30 day temporary tag to get you back home. These prices do not include any applicable sales tax that may or may not have to be collected depending on where you live. Must be a member of Tread Lightly for 30 days prior to obtaining a Control #.

My PA dealers total with Tax title etc..... $45,834
So, unless I am missing something, my PA dealer is given me a better price. OR am I seeing something wrong?

Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Anyone heard from Kent the last two days? Looking to order but can’t get ahold of him. Sent everything short of smoke signals. 😂

beram

First Name
Chanse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR, 08 Charger, 01 XR650L, 98 VTR1000F Superhawk
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I was just there yesterday to get some service done on mine since I am doing a 5k+ miles trip. Caught up with him which he remember me right away even though it has been nearly 2 years since I last saw/talked with him though he does follow my Instagram. He offered to get me a loaner vehicle since I was told it was going to be 3 hours before mine would be done. Have some patience with him. Back when I first dealt with him back in Oct 2019 he was telling me in general he was only dealing with about 10-15 customers at a time. Currently he said he has been dealing with around 50+ customers at one time between Wranglers and Gladiators. I did refer a friend to him recently, and he got impatient with Kent. He is now overpaying for his Wrangler since he decided to get it from somewhere else.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
I was just there yesterday to get some service done on mine since I am doing a 5k+ miles trip. Caught up with him which he remember me right away even though it has been nearly 2 years since I last saw/talked with him though he does follow my Instagram. He offered to get me a loaner vehicle since I was told it was going to be 3 hours before mine would be done. Have some patience with him. Back when I first dealt with him back in Oct 2019 he was telling me in general he was only dealing with about 10-15 customers at a time. Currently he said he has been dealing with around 50+ customers at one time between Wranglers and Gladiators. I did refer a friend to him recently, and he got impatient with Kent. He is now overpaying for his Wrangler since he decided to get it from somewhere else.
I can sympathize with your friend. I emailed him and Gupton on a Sunday and Daniel was ready to submit the order the very next day after several email exchanges. Kent didn’t answer me until Tuesday and I gave him a few hours to email me back about my build I sent and he didn’t so I went with Gupton, his deal was lower as well. It wasn’t until Friday at 5 that I got a quote back from Kent. It’s by no means bad customer service but 1 day vs 5 is a big difference.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I see the same situation. Last year when I was window shopping he was following up pretty often. It seems like he just doesn't have the bandwidth at the moment. I was ready to give him my money and he took a few days to get back to me, weird for a car salesman lol. He did eventually get back with me though.

hoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Has anyone ordered from these guys recently? They are closer to me than Gupton. Can’t get a response from them, unfortunately.
Are they still doing ~8% below invoice pricing?
Sponsored