Sponsored

Peterson's in Nampa, ID - Up to 8% below invoice

Sank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJR, 22 JTRD
Yes I have.
Good. Then you know that "invoice" and FWP are considered the same thing.

I don't want people to run away from Peterson thinking it's too good to be true.

Msrp and fwp (invoice) pricing is well known. We all can read the same order guide and look at those numbers: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...adiator-jt-order-guide-updated-monthly.49791/ The rubicon diesel has invoice about 5% below msrp.

Of course we don't know what dealer holdbacks are and we don't know what the dealer actually pays or makes as profit, that's proprietary to their business.

But whatever you call it, you can guarantee yourself at least 1% below invoice (according to the jeep affiliate program) at any participating dealer. Gupton and Spirit Lake and Peterson and I'm sure others will give you pricing even below that.

My Peterson price is more than 12% under msrp. Which is somewhere 6-7% under invoice (when I hand calculated it back in October). Picking it up Saturday. No hassles.
Sponsored

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
DoD (forced to resign courtesy of FJB), Retired Marine
Current financing with Kent is no more than 5% down and he request that you keep the loan for three payments. You can make a large payment on your first note. I really don't think that's too much to ask of us for him providing the service that he does. I was ready to pay cash but dealers here rather you finance and don't do TL at all.
One dealer in California is below invoice, and it is only 2% below. He does have an $85 doc fee that nobody else doing this can touch but...
The vast majority of them (in Cali) have their cute little $5-7K over MSRP "market adjustment" and won't even entertain the Tread Lightly affiliates reward.
Ordered Friday afternoon, Kent sent me the VON on Monday, I just got done with Jeep Chat and have my VIN.
Can't wait to book that flight from Fresno to Boise and drive that Gobi Mojave home.

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
I am a couple of weeks away from making my order with Kent (last bit of 30day wait with Tread Lightly). Is there anything I can do or info to gather to make the phone call to Kent seamless? I live near Sacrament, CA and am getting trigger finger from clicking the mouse too much building on Jeep website. I think I have done about 30 builds so far and modified the google Sheets doc to figure out invoice pricing.

Thanks in advance for helping me get my red sport S with Max Tow.

Last edited:

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am a couple of weeks away from making my order with Kent (last bit of 30day wait with Tread Lightly). Is there anything I can do or info to gather to make the phone call to Kent seamless? I leave near Sacrament, CA and am getting trigger finger from clicking the mouse too much building on Jeep website. I think I have done about 30 builds so far and modified the google Sheets doc to figure out invoice pricing.

Thanks in advance for helping me get my red sport S with Max Tow.
You need to send Kent your build pdf NOW. The sooner you order the sooner it arrives.
You don’t have to wait 30 days after joining TL to order. You will get your control number 30 days after joining. The control number is what guarantees you your affiliate discount. You get two of them per year as long as you’re a TL member.
Lots of people have ordered Jeeps and had never heard of TL, joined after finding out about it and had plenty of time to get that 1% below invoice.

ScottHarr_JT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
@aceisback is spittin facts. Order it now, the TL will be plenty good by the time you take delivery. Kent is awesome to work with, sometimes has delayed responses, but he’s dealing with about 50 Jeep guys at a time I imagine. But he’ll get your order set up quick and then the wait begins. Once you know what you want, send him the build and get your quote. Like said above, the sooner you submit it, the quicker you get it.

I ordered mine 12/30/21 and I am picking mine up Thursday morning. Not a crazy long wait, but long enough to drive you crazy.

Best of luck man!

Sponsored

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Thanks! I have a truck that I am trying to sell and need to figure some things out. (I have orders to make sure it is as close to a one for one swap so don't have a financial hit. Can wait the few months of payments before paying off.) Once I have that squared, I will reach out to Kent and get the ball rolling. Then I can join all the anxious people in the waiting room until the rockin offroad roller coaster is ready to come home.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks! I have a truck that I am trying to sell and need to figure some things out. (I have orders to make sure it is as close to a one for one swap so don't have a financial hit. Can wait the few months of payments before paying off.) Once I have that squared, I will reach out to Kent and get the ball rolling. Then I can join all the anxious people in the waiting room until the rockin offroad roller coaster is ready to come home.
Are you from NorCal, or stationed in NorCal? I see you’re one of those Air Wing types so thought you might be up here at Lemoore NAS. I know they have a few Marines there.
Spent the last 28 years at 29 Palms. Retired for the second time January 31st and moved up here to Visalia.
Sold my Sahara last June and just ordered it’s replacement on the 4th. Gonna be looking for some new off roading buds once I get back from Idaho.

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Are you from NorCal, or stationed in NorCal? I see you’re one of those Air Wing types so thought you might be up here at Lemoore NAS. I know they have a few Marines there.
Spent the last 28 years at 29 Palms. Retired for the second time January 31st and moved up here to Visalia.
Sold my Sahara last June and just ordered it’s replacement on the 4th. Gonna be looking for some new off roading buds once I get back from Idaho.
OAMAAM

Edit: Born and raised around Sacramento. Came back to go to school after getting out.

I was stationed at MCAS Miramar 99-02. Not many get the reference. Funny thing is I went to C-school in Lemoore. Never thought I would see corn and cotton fields on a land locked navy base.

Loved spending 30 minutes to trouble shoot a problem that lead to airframers tearing apart half the wing to get at a hydraulic actuator. They didn't love it so much.

Glad I never had to go to the stumps. Worst I had it was picking up dollar bill sized carbon fiber fragments in the sand dunes outside of El Centro when one of our F-18s lawn darted. In a white hazmat bunny suit. In August. Hottest three weeks of my life.

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OAMAAM

Edit: Born and raised around Sacramento. Came back to go to school after getting out.
San Diego born, lived there until 7, so kinda raised.
My best friend, still down in 29 Palms, is from Stinkin Lincoln, up past Sac.
El Centro can get a little warm on occasion! Did dozens of dune trips down at Glamis over the years. Have seen 90’s in Dec/Jan, so yeah August is indoor weather. I damn sure miss the desert though. Crystal clear skies and single digit humidity. Don’t think I’ve seen a star since I moved to the Central Valley. The air is so damn nasty up here.
Not trying to wish my granddaughter’s youth away but I cannot wait to bolt California for Utah or Nevada.

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
San Diego born, lived there until 7, so kinda raised.
My best friend, still down in 29 Palms, is from Stinkin Lincoln, up past Sac.
El Centro can get a little warm on occasion! Did dozens of dune trips down at Glamis over the years. Have seen 90’s in Dec/Jan, so yeah August is indoor weather. I damn sure miss the desert though. Crystal clear skies and single digit humidity. Don’t think I’ve seen a star since I moved to the Central Valley. The air is so damn nasty up here.
Not trying to wish my granddaughter’s youth away but I cannot wait to bolt California for Utah or Nevada.
My parents moved to Lincoln my senior year of HS. Commuted to Sac with Dad so I could graduate from Rio Linda. Still a little bit of redneck in my genes. I hear ya on CA. I am planning to move to greener pasture in Oregon when I retire in 6-11 years (depending on who wins the argument on when I get to retire).

Sponsored

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Just picked mine up yesterday! Kent was a pleasure to deal with, and the paperwork was ready and quickly taken care of once I arrived. Pretty much drove back home immediately after leaving the dealership, racked up some decent miles in the first 12 hours!

20220324_140945-01.jpeg

20220324_164726-01.jpeg

20220325_004319-01.jpeg

jerichar99

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
IT
When contacting Kent, anything I need to say or mention to get below invoice? Like "I heard about you in the Jeep forums"? Is it as simple as that?

I'm in Arizona. I ask because I've seen a few local dealerships mentioned in "below invoice" forum threads. And when contacting them about below invoice pricing, they have no clue and don't believe me. So perhaps I'm doing something wrong :-(

aceisback

Banned
Banned
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
When contacting Kent, anything I need to say or mention to get below invoice? Like "I heard about you in the Jeep forums"? Is it as simple as that?

I'm in Arizona. I ask because I've seen a few local dealerships mentioned in "below invoice" forum threads. And when contacting them about below invoice pricing, they have no clue and don't believe me. So perhaps I'm doing something wrong :-(
Whichever dealer you speak with you need to mention Affiliate Rewards. That’s what gets you the 1% below invoice. Then other options get you a few more percentage points off. There are a million ways to qualify but Tread Lightly is the one most of us use.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S

I’m in AZ too and even though I had a good experience with Earnhardt when I bought my JT I’m thinking this might be the way to go for my wife’s JGCL I’m about to order

The ID to AZ trip is a good one, I did it the last two years in a row and will again

too bad I wouldn’t get to take her new ride to my buddy’s cabin lol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order Mojave
Occupation
Technical Delivery Manager
Just placed an order with Kent this afternoon. The wait begins.
EDIT : Probably should have mentioned this will be my first ever jeep product. I've owned BMW and JDM in the past.
Sponsored

Last edited: