Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone ordered from these guys recently? They are closer to me than Gupton. Can’t get a response from them, unfortunately.
Are they still doing ~8% below invoice pricing?
I recently checked on a 4xe and it wasn’t close to the same deal I had with either my 2018 JLR or 2020 JTR LE.
Sponsored

AMack6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojave Gladiator, BMW M2
Has anyone ordered from these guys recently? They are closer to me than Gupton. Can’t get a response from them, unfortunately.
Are they still doing ~8% below invoice pricing?
Yes I ordered in November and picked up on 1/12... I also live in Utah. I believe my deal was ~6% below invoice, which included me taking their financing and also using Tread Lightly. They were great to work with... I'm surprised you're not hearing back? Have you been reaching out to Kent? He is their national jeep sales guy and all he does is sell Wranglers and Gladiators to folks around the country. Sometimes he can take a few days to respond but he always does...

OP
OP
Cutterpillow

Cutterpillow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Yes I ordered in November and picked up on 1/12... I also live in Utah. I believe my deal was ~6% below invoice, which included me taking their financing and also using Tread Lightly. They were great to work with... I'm surprised you're not hearing back? Have you been reaching out to Kent? He is their national jeep sales guy and all he does is sell Wranglers and Gladiators to folks around the country. Sometimes he can take a few days to respond but he always does...
Kent was really great to work with for me as well. Ordered back in August and picked it up in December. I get the feeling that Kent is very busy which is why it sometimes takes a while for him to respond, but he will get back to you. It's best to email/call/text him directly rather than try contacting someone else at the dealership.

Also note that the best pricing is only for factory orders.

Latest edition of the Gecko Gladiator club:
Jeep Gladiator Peterson's in Nampa, ID - Up to 8% below invoice IMG_2721

hoch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Yes, I did reach out to Kent directly. Some other fellow responded last. Haven’t heard back since. But it was Kent’s email.
I’ll email again if I don’t hear back from him in a few days. Thanks for the response.

rezar1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What was the amount of savings you received going through Peterson financing vs your own?

I was under impression that the discount is 1% similar to Grupton if we use Peterson financing but now I am being told it's more than 1%.

Sponsored

mwd76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Can anyone share the rates or finance deals they have gotten going with Petersons' lenders? I love the pricing but I want to be sure financing does not negate the discount. (not too worried about credit score since it's good)

They are currently limiting the down payment to 5% along with using their lender. I would hope their lenders offer competitive rates? I was planning on putting about 1/3 the cost of the vehicle as a down payment. I would not be able to do that with their limit of 5%.

I'm not completely confident in my at finance/math abilities, so I'm trying to determine if I would: 1) go with as short a term and lowest rate possible from Peterson's and then refi (sounds like they ask you to wait 6 months) or 2) Stick with their lender for a longer-term loan (but higher rate) and just pay it down as quickly as I can - not as ideal because it will be a much larger monthly payment with only 5% down (while I could afford it, doesn't necessarily mean I WANT to).

Thanks all!

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
Guys say invoice when they mean msrp. 8% is good!
I think you are right. Buying at 8% BELOW invoice to even believe I would need to see your contract...dealers are NOT in business to lose money and at *% BELOW invoice they would be taking a bath for sure.

THAT SAID you can get deals that low or lower. I have done it and here is that story:

I was buying a car for my company form a big Chrysler-Jeep dealer. Since my company was very successful I was going to pay cash for it and told the sales folks same. I get in front of the Finance guy and he says I can beat your $500 over Invoice price! Ok, sure! Turns out they were now offering their own IN-HOUSE financing rather than Chrysler. Long story short we went back and forth I ended up getting a 72 mo loan at something like 24% interest. and I bought at 10% below the Invoice on a clean deal (meaning no add ons, just TT&L).

Well there was NO early payoff penalty and when the fist payment came due called and got the payoff and sent them a check for the full amount...ROFLMAO

I get a call from: Sales guy, Finance guy, Finance Mgr, Sales Mgr and the General Mgr. All begging me to reinstate my loan, no and hell no!

There is another way: A friend of mine was in the car business. He sold 'lifetime' add ons to dealers. Things like fabric protection, leather protection, vinyl protection, wax sealant and more and it was all just nothing but junk. No lifetime nothing. He bought this stuff like Armor All only not that name and he bought in 5 gal buckets. Then he cut 25% with water. He sold it to car dealers. So you get sold a $300 buck package of Lifetime vinyl protection. All they do is spray some of them on your seats or whatever and it won't last longer than the fist rain or after you have set in the seat about twice. But the sales guy worked you deal on the car if you bought a $1000 bucks of this crap.

The dealer is gonna make money that is a FACT JACK!!!!

J-GriffsGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Geologist
Boy I am so glad I purchased when I did (8/2020). Pitted 4 dealerships against each other and went with the largest in the state (Faricy Boys, Colorado Spring, CO). Sticker was $40k and paid $33k (yeah, 17.5% under sticker price (Sport - max tow package)). Now filling up at the gas station I get offers for $40-45k (awesome but I could never find another one!).

Sank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJR, 22 JTRD
Buying at 8% BELOW invoice to even believe I would need to see your contract...dealers are NOT in business to lose money and at *% BELOW invoice they would be taking a bath for sure.
I'm not sure you properly understand the incentives they get. Many dealers make plenty of money selling below "invoice". Don't we all know that affiliate pricing is 1% under invoice, not MSRP..? Somewhere in the forums there is an understanding of invoice vs MSRP, so somebody with better understanding can convert affiliate pricing to "percent under MSRP".

ScottHarr_JT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
I think you are right. Buying at 8% BELOW invoice to even believe I would need to see your contract...dealers are NOT in business to lose money and at *% BELOW invoice they would be taking a bath for sure.

THAT SAID you can get deals that low or lower. I have done it and here is that story:

I was buying a car for my company form a big Chrysler-Jeep dealer. Since my company was very successful I was going to pay cash for it and told the sales folks same. I get in front of the Finance guy and he says I can beat your $500 over Invoice price! Ok, sure! Turns out they were now offering their own IN-HOUSE financing rather than Chrysler. Long story short we went back and forth I ended up getting a 72 mo loan at something like 24% interest. and I bought at 10% below the Invoice on a clean deal (meaning no add ons, just TT&L).

Well there was NO early payoff penalty and when the fist payment came due called and got the payoff and sent them a check for the full amount...ROFLMAO

I get a call from: Sales guy, Finance guy, Finance Mgr, Sales Mgr and the General Mgr. All begging me to reinstate my loan, no and hell no!

There is another way: A friend of mine was in the car business. He sold 'lifetime' add ons to dealers. Things like fabric protection, leather protection, vinyl protection, wax sealant and more and it was all just nothing but junk. No lifetime nothing. He bought this stuff like Armor All only not that name and he bought in 5 gal buckets. Then he cut 25% with water. He sold it to car dealers. So you get sold a $300 buck package of Lifetime vinyl protection. All they do is spray some of them on your seats or whatever and it won't last longer than the fist rain or after you have set in the seat about twice. But the sales guy worked you deal on the car if you bought a $1000 bucks of this crap.

The dealer is gonna make money that is a FACT JACK!!!!
I’m curious how you managed the financing and the registration purchasing through your company... I’m in the same boat, financing through the dealer for the financing incentive and planning on paying it off after the 6 payments in full. When you applied for financing, I assume you used your personal name for the credit check. Did you have any issues actually registering the Jeep in your company name?

Sponsored

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
I’m curious how you managed the financing and the registration purchasing through your company... I’m in the same boat, financing through the dealer for the financing incentive and planning on paying it off after the 6 payments in full. When you applied for financing, I assume you used your personal name for the credit check. Did you have any issues actually registering the Jeep in your company name?
None at all, but always be careful...it's a company asset and you need to track it and document since you are taking it off your taxes.

ScottHarr_JT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
None at all, but always be careful...it's a company asset and you need to track it and document since you are taking it off your taxes.
Good to hear about no issues. Can you elaborate on what you mean by tracking and documenting?

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
I'm not sure you properly understand the incentives they get. Many dealers make plenty of money selling below "invoice". Don't we all know that affiliate pricing is 1% under invoice, not MSRP..? Somewhere in the forums there is an understanding of invoice vs MSRP, so somebody with better understanding can convert affiliate pricing to "percent under MSRP".
I understand the difference very well. I also have 2 good friends that own dealerships. One owns a GM dealership, the other owns a Ford. Both sell at ore near Invoice certain cars or trucks. Their business model is based upon VOLUME not upfront profit on the sale. Here is their business model: Invoice (on all trucks) - any eligible incentives by the Mfg. They do big volume in trucks. But where they make their big money is on cars. Farmer/Rancher Jones get trucks at great deals. Their Wives, Daughters, Sons don't get invoice.

My F 450 King Ranch MSRP was about $88k, I got for invoice - almost $6k, I had a factory incentive of $3000 and a Dealer incentive of almost $2k

The MOST I have every paid over Invoice was $1000. I ordered up a new Z06 Corvette. At that time (FIREST year for Z06 the dealers were getting 'market adjusted' + $10,000 over MSRP.

My first ordered car was a '78 Corvette and I buy a new car on average every 3 years. Jeeps, first ordered was an '89 Sahara. I followed that with a 91, 94, 95, 97, 99, 2001, 2003, 2006, 2015, 2020, 2021. They were all either a Sahara or a Rubicon...in fact I owned the first Rubicon made.

FYI, not going to say who or what thread or even what forum. BUT I have seen some rather far-out deals posted and somewhere in the thread price paid and the MSRP comes out...A simple calculation always shows the magic % they got below the Invoice , which was in fact not below the invoice but below MSRP.

Only ONCE have I ever bought at dealer dead cost. My 2020 Glady and that was only because I was down to 2 dealers and almost exactly the same Glad Rubicon. I was playing one against the other and I finally picked dealer #1 and told dealer #2 that I had gone with number 1. They both knew I was dealing with the GM at each dealer. I went to leave dealer #2 and he walked out and said I hope you give us a shot next time? I said sure and then he asks what was the GMs name at that dealer? Joe Doaks. WHAT!!!!! then he said I worked for the SOB and he fired me because I was making to many sales. He looks at me and says: I have 2 things, I have a Hold Back of $1666 and I have a Factory incentive that goes to the dealer to use as he sees fit, its $750 (he showed me the paperwork and the letter), they are both yours if you buy this Jeep now! I did!

The first car I bought was a 1964 Corvette and did not pay MSRP then and never have since. In addition, I have never bought lifetime muffler bearings or other BS they want to sell, I don ONLY a clean deal based up TT&L and any state-required fees, like inventory tax. 1 other thing, I have NEVER bought a vehicle in the city I lived in and usually even out of state. Nothing like grabbing you GF or wife and flying into some city and the dealer picks you up and you go get your car you ordered. Then drive it back home and break it in right!

Here I am at the Corvette Museum taking delivery of one of the first Z06 Corvettes, also my first real date with what was to become my wife. We flew from Miami to Nashville and over to Bowling Greenk, VIP tour of the Corvette plant and then drove back to Miami what a wonderful time it was.
Jeep Gladiator Peterson's in Nampa, ID - Up to 8% below invoice P1120041.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Peterson's in Nampa, ID - Up to 8% below invoice P1120041.JPG

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ReTired
Sounds like you know more than I on this topic. Have you wandered into the Gupton thread yet? https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/gupton-motors-up-to-8-below-invoice.34440/
Yes I have. I am toying with ordering a 2 door Rubicon...in my world, Jeep ONLY have 2 doors.. My wife talked me into buying a 4 door Rubicon Hard Rock and I considered it only because it was in Firecracker Red and had a Stick trans. But after driving for a few months I got rid of it. To much like a car for me.

IMG_0969.JPG
Sponsored