Sponsored

PlastiDip forward facing paint during long road trips?

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
Anyone ever add a layer of PlastiDip protection to their forward facing painted areas for long road trips? I usually take a couple cross country hunting trips per year (~2,000 miles each way) and the vehicles can take a beating on them. I typically drive much faster than I usually would and am usually not as careful about distancing since I'm trying to make time (34hr one way...). I thought about picking up some PlastiDip and a sprayer to add a layer to the grill, hood, fenders, hinges, etc. for the trips, and then just peel it all off when I get home, bugs, chips, and all.

This would be in addition to PPF already in place, just an added layer of protection.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
I have not tried Plastidip for added protection. But I have used TrakkTape for protection on the track. It's simple to install and simple to remove. Doesn't necessarily look the best while applied (won't look like PPF) but does its job.

I did apply it over factory PPF without issue. But, it was only on for a few days.

Just another option:
https://www.trakktape.com/

Gmac03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys D
We’ve used layered painters tape for long trips before. If you catch a bad enough rock it won’t help but for most things it worked great

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I would be getting a rental vehicle for that road trip

OP
OP

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
I would be getting a rental vehicle for that road trip
I have but they aren't conducive to hauling a bunch of hunting gear up barely passable forestry roads. You quite literally need a jeep to get up some of them.
Sponsored