Sponsored

PLEASE HELP - Right Rear Turn Light Out....but not out!

Apollak19

First Name
Arie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hi there, thanks in advance for your help! Trying to avoid taking the Jeep to the dealership, which is 1.5 hours away!

I've got a 2020 Gladiator LE. Right Rear Turn Light signal came on the dash a few days ago. I've got LED's and I cannot see lights out on them. I've cleared the CEL's using a Tazer twice (completed full reboot and 2 cycles after). The light turned off but then turned back on shortly after.

Any idea what this could be? I'm boggled. Am I missing something simple here?
Sponsored

Gladiator832

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2013 Ram Sport
Occupation
Plant Manager
Mine is doing the same. It's a bad resistor on that aftermarket led taillight. I contacted the manufacturer of the taillights and they are shipping me a new resistor.

OP
OP

Apollak19

First Name
Arie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Ah, but my taillights are the OEM LED's that came on a Launch Edition

OP
OP

Apollak19

First Name
Arie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I will add, when I turn on the right turn signal, its an inconsistent click. Whereas the left is still consistent.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
One thing to check - take the two screws out that hold the tail light assembly, then pull the tail light out and check the connector behind the tail gate - make sure it's not been messed with, the wires aren't chewed and so on.
Check the ground wires - oddly almost sounds like a ground with the turn signal.

By the way - you don't have to do any waiting, reboots or cycles or whatever when you clear a malfunction light - simply clearing the stored code will kill the light. Mine goes off as soon as I choose to reset it (I use JSCAN)
Sponsored

Attachments