First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
Nah. I’m not a “Jeeper,” I now have a Jeep but I also have two Bronco reservations. 14+ months of waiting without a peep. No idea how it’s going; airbag recalls, allocation nonsense, hardtop issues. Now they’re doubling down on allocations:

9C7D948F-75DC-4695-A364-6CA4A4686350.jpeg

Ya’ll thought people ordering sports and Mojave’s getting built first was bad? Try ordering a car in mid 2020 that you’re not sure will even come by 2023. I chose a dealer that did deals like Gupton, we’re all screwed. Because Ford is prioritizing dealers over their reservation holders. I’ve seen people order a Bronco 2 months ago have a build date merely because they chose a dealer that had “allocation.” Why would a dealers 3 year sales history affect my reservation they said would be built in timestamp order?

It’s a mess and people are rightfully pissed.
The allocation impacts the orders? Is Ford admitting this, or is this speculation?
Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
The allocation impacts the orders? Is Ford admitting this, or is this speculation?
100% it does. Ford tells its customers it’s a, “complicated algorithm,” which translates loosely to, “we’re doing what’s best for us.” But, we have dealers over there who have explained to us exactly how we understood it. They used “metrics” to determine how many they thought they could produce in 2021 and then they divided that amount into each dealers based on their formula. So each dealer got anywhere from 1-300 Broncos allocated and from that allocation they used timestamp to try and pull orders if they were buildable. The problem with this is that it’s the OPPOSITE of what they told us when we reserved Broncos. Those of us at smaller dealers who got deals all got hosed massively because bigger dealers threw a fit. So what happened was the hundreds of people with very early reservations are stuck in a queue at various dealers with no hope for the future because Ford just keeps promising to divide the Broncos by dealers. We thought it was just a joke for 2021 but they’re doubling down for 2022 and we’re all thinking we’re waiting YEARS now. Mind you this was all after Ford removed X-plan (the only power we all had) from the Bronco and allowed dealers to charge whatever they want. There are horror stories all over the internet of 2-25K ADM by dealers. Stealing Bronco orders for themselves, selling them from underneath reservation holders before they can even pick them up from the dealers. It’s truly an epic 💩 show.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
100% it does. Ford tells its customers it’s a, “complicated algorithm,” which translates loosely to, “we’re doing what’s best for us.” But, we have dealers over there who have explained to us exactly how we understood it. They used “metrics” to determine how many they thought they could produce in 2021 and then they divided that amount into each dealers based on their formula. So each dealer got anywhere from 1-300 Broncos allocated and from that allocation they used timestamp to try and pull orders if they were buildable. The problem with this is that it’s the OPPOSITE of what they told us when we reserved Broncos. Those of us at smaller dealers who got deals all got hosed massively because bigger dealers threw a fit. So what happened was the hundreds of people with very early reservations are stuck in a queue at various dealers with no hope for the future because Ford just keeps promising to divide the Broncos by dealers. We thought it was just a joke for 2021 but they’re doubling down for 2022 and we’re all thinking we’re waiting YEARS now. Mind you this was all after Ford removed X-plan (the only power we all had) from the Bronco and allowed dealers to charge whatever they want. There are horror stories all over the internet of 2-25K ADM by dealers. Stealing Bronco orders for themselves, selling them from underneath reservation holders before they can even pick them up from the dealers. It’s truly an epic 💩 show.
Why would Ford prioritize orders through bigger dealers? That doesn't make sense.

Do you have a source for this?

Shady dealer tactics and ADMs are not Ford and that happens everywhere.

Tacobuster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport, 2020 LT1 Camaro
Lots of requests for the 5.7.
Do dodge people really thing there is a difference in cost for boring 8 holes in a block or grinding lobes on a cam or milling different OD's on a crank?
I get maybe you need a different tranny or a stiffer rear and springs. Metal has a price per lb. and it doesn't vary by thousands of dollars.
Although people pay it.

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical

Sponsored

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
I do not see it being that significant of cannibalizing RAM TRX sales to any high degree if at all. Branding and styling are significant enough to separate their core buying demographics.

So long as the TRX retains its "Big Dick Energy" status among full size trucks, it will get most of the fence sitting buyers.
They sell them at the same dealership, so it'd be impossible not to cross shop when they are literally parked next to each other in the showroom. It'd be one thing if jeep and ram had different dealerships, like gmc and Chevy, or Ford and Lincoln, but Rams and Jeeps are sold side by side.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Trickster

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Just look on the forums and Reddit to see how many people are going from a Raptor to a Gladiator and not a TRX. Including myself. A V8 would make even more people jump ship because Raptor shoppers have been dying for an n/a V8 performance truck since the 6.2L Gen 1 was replaced. Yes, the TRX is performance king but the Raptor did super well with an N/A V8 and many many Raptor owners and shoppers would snap up a Gladiator 392 with Mojave running gear in a second (including myself).
Well why do you think that is?
$$$$
I can’t believe TRX customers are cross shopping a Gladiator.

OP
OP
Trickster

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
A 6.4L would be out of my price range for sure. However a 5.7L would truly have me thinking about trading my Pentastar. I miss that engine a bunch.
And the cost of Premium fuel just soared overnight here.

OP
OP
Trickster

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Over the last two years, the amount of guys cross shopping the Gladiator and Raptor has been staggering. Now that TRX is in the game, the idea of cannibalizing sales is a real threat.

I personally think the EcoDiesel is the perfect powerplant for the Gladiator. Gobs of torque and where you need it in the RPM band, without the 12 miles per gallon that comes with a V8. But having said that, a V8 is a more reliable engine long term.
Has the issue of the EcoDiesel overheating in the JT been resolved?
Between that and the big cost of the Diesel option, it wasn’t worth it to me.
5.7 Hemi….I’m in.

OP
OP
Trickster

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Yep the 5.7 was nice but I suspect even if Jeep did put on in likely would make the pricing to where you have to take out second mortgage to buy it based on the pricing for the 3.6.

Also most people in real world don't use these Gladiators for anything more than daily drivers or utility trucks. So the likely hood that Jeep will change things for a small base would seem likely but ya never know
I don’t see that being more than the Eco Diesel engine option?
Do a build and price on a Ram 1500 with the 5.7 vs the diesel.

OP
OP
Trickster

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
If they're going to do the Hemi, do the 6.4. The 5.7 has pretty widespread cam/lifter issues, and costwise it wouldn't save anything to do the 5.7. The 6.4 is the base engine in the Ram HD trucks. There's nothing special about it. Jeep just gouges for that package on the Wrangler because they can, so they'd do the same if it were a 5.7 under that hood.
5.7 “had” issues, it’s long resolved. My last three 5.7’s had zero issues.
Sponsored